1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important 80% Translateable, and Do You Even Speak French Bro?

Discussion in 'Development' started by kurozael, Aug 12, 2017 at 6:47 PM.

1. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator

Hello chaps.

The upcoming theme update has been delayed so long because I have comitted to making the next release of HL2RP and Clockwork FULLY TRANSLATEABLE. I am now at about 80%, so am approaching a fully translatable Clockwork + HL2RP fast.

This means that each plugin, schema, and the framework itself has a sh_english.lua file that contains strings for all the texts, notifications, menu items, etc in the game.

To translate into other languages, you'll need make a sh_french.lua and so on in the same place or as a plugin, which will overwrite these strings. It will be very easy.

So on that note, who is a very fluent French speaker (or any other language) that is willing to help to translate once this system is ready! Let me know :)

And god damn, making the framework translatable is tiresome work! But it's worth it already :)

Here's a portion of what is to come, to prove that I am actually doing something:

[​IMG]

• Good Coder Good Coder x 2
  2. Mixed

Mixed Creating servers since 2013 Helper Clockwork Customer Active Member

I'm french and I'll be glad to help you to translate :D

3. kurozael

This is great! Once it is fully translatable I will message you on Steam if you can PM me with your Steam name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

inb4 100 russian and brazilian servers pop up with a daily playerbase of 70 players
    jokes asides though it's glad to see clockwork in other languages but i never seen anything asides spanish and russian on clockwork

5. dead flag blues

dead flag blues Clockwork Customer Active Member

Apologize. My England is poverty.

6. kurozael

Thanks to @MixeD2000 and @Řổşş translations for French and Russian are mostly ready... (MOSTLY)

Anyone know a Korean?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. kurozael

Okay, so after another day of the most boring work ever, I'd say it's about 95% translatable now. The next thing will be translating the schema itself, which is actually a relatively minor job now that the whole framework is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Doris

Doris gucci flames Active Member

i speak the korean

9. kurozael

Update:
    All Russian translations done (Clockwork + HL2RP)
    Waiting on French translations (Clockwork + HL2RP)

• Like Like x 2
  10. kurozael

Getting there (99% Russian!) :) please ignore the theme, there's been some updates and I haven't moved it over to the test server yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  11. Řổşş

Řổşş Helper Clockwork Customer Active Member

:oops:
    Future plans:
    Gotta make Belarussian and Ukrainian language translations.

12. Mixed

Mixed Creating servers since 2013 Helper Clockwork Customer Active Member

Great work, the French translations will soon be finished, I had to start again because my hdd have crashed.

• Like Like x 1