1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

A look at Origins HL2RP

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by tkot, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Server IP: 162.248.88.143:27015
    Server Discord: https://discord.gg/vaUBmg9
    Server Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=483955823
    Server Map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=171962560

Origins Networks HL2RP

I would like to preface this 'review' by mentioning that before the day of writing, I had never played on Origins or any of the other servers EJ may have run in the past - though, as most people have, I've heard the whole story about how he once ran away with donation money. Despite this, it seems that in the past week Origins has gained a significant foothold in the community again and has a strong playerbase. I decided to join the server to check out what all this Origins hype has been about. End preface.

At first glance, everything was normal when I joined. Made a character, walked out of the trainstation, then I realized that I hadn't had any messages pop up on my screen from chat. For some reason, even with roughly 60 ping, I was having horrible chat lag issues, but a quick reconnect fixed it. Once I was finally settled and everything was working properly, I took off to explore the city. Which was pretty barren for having 35 players connected. In the main part of the city I saw about 7 citizens after exploring for a little bit - and then I saw a random free vortigaunt run through the city towards me. He told me he was OOC, and later explained it was because none of the staff cared enough about admin requests to teleport him to the proper area or even make spawns for the vortigaunt faction, leaving them to spawn on the default map spawns in the trainstation. Later, I saw this same vortigaunt get S2K'd by a group of units who cared more about overusing VCs and S2K'ing than actually RPing at all. The player roleplaying as the vortigaunt also expressed concerns (http://prntscr.com/k840qs) about getting shot by an Overwatch unit who failed to RP at all also. This turned me off a little bit - the lack of roleplay so far was making the server seem boring, and it seemed that roughly three quarters of the population were either in the Nexus or in the Sewers, which were meant to be off-limits to the general public - but through one of the map vents, I was able to gain access to the sewers.

In the sewers, I was surprised to find it, too, almost empty. I walked towards the beach, and found two rebels and a vortigaunt standing there - they paid me two thousand tokens to enter the beach and scout it out for them, which I did. I then proceeded to hide on the beach, and the rebels followed me out - only to immediately get S2K'd on the beach (it's a S2K zone while Overwatch is deployed) and promptly PK'd. One of the characters happened to be a superadmin - but not for long. Shortly after, he was demoted for general staff abuse, which started an argument, all of which happened in the global OOC chat, spamming the chat box. I took a break to write this review up to this point, eventually escaping back to the city through the sewers and through the NPC-filled Construction Zone to get rations.

So far, the jist of the server seems to be full of just - weirdness, set-up wise. The staff seems to be either unsure of what they're doing or simply ignorant - it takes several requests to them to get things done, in the hour I've been connected, they've accidentally charbanned the wrong people twice, and the previously mentioned staff member (a superadmin) was demoted, someone's character name was "'More powerful then Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin Combined'" for about fourty minutes - among other things I noticed. Now, to give it credit - the server is only five days old. But some of these problems only show that the decay in staff quality that would normally happen over the course of a few months has either happened in the short run time of the server so far, or the staff that were brought on as the server was launched were poor quality to begin with. The MpF is another odd aspect of the server - it seems to be filled with either players who have little care for legitimate RP, or players who don't seem to have a good enough grasp of the game-mode to represent the server as such a core aspect of the world. If there are good players who roleplay as the faction, they are nowhere to be seen - all that I've seen of the faction in my time here is S2K, poor roleplay, and overuse of voice commands. (Update: as I was writing the following paragraph, players were told to stop commenting on the poor state of the MPF on the server by the Head of Staff and presumably MPF lead, who claims to be making attempts at improving the quality of roleplay.)

I joined the discord, as mentioned earlier, and found a couple of things quite interesting. First of all, it seemed that the community made a previous attempt at a FalloutRP server in May, but that doesn't really matter much. Most of all what I noticed was that there was little actual stable formatting - I couldn't find a forum link on the discord server, so I had to ask in-game for one. I was given the link after about 4-5 admin requests, as expected, and still couldn't find what I was looking for on the forums - a set of rules! If I'm blind and just can't find the rules on the discord or forums, feel free to post them below in the comments and let me know. However, I'd like to continue discussing the discord. Here's a screenshot (http://prntscr.com/k84od5) of the discord posting rules, as outlined in the #information channel of their server. If you look at the screenshot, you'll see something mildly odd - in the red box lies their rule on NSFW content. From what it looks like, Origins doesn't even contain their NSFW content to a single, disgusting channel - from what the rule seems to me, they allow it in any channel as long as you simply say "Hey, this is NSFW." I don't need to say much more on this, other than that this just makes me sad at the state of this server while simultaneously reminding me of recent events involving other communities. Other noteworthy things I noticed were that the staff seem to have taken the side of a known carbonated beverage in the HL2RP community, defending him and silencing players on the discord who make comments towards him regarding his hobbies. They also seem to have made the choice to include donations through Paypal, despite any previous stigma involved with the server and donations.

Overall, the server started off as a sort of mystery to me, not having had any real involvement with it in the past and only having heard about it and the owner through friends or people who were directly involved with it in the past. I came into it with good expectations about the roleplay quality despite what I had heard, and things slowly deteriorated to boredom and disappointment at the quality of the server and its roleplay opportunities.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gabs

gabs Clockwork Customer

EJ Rockwell is the rightful ruler of shitty HL2RP servers. Dethrone Underworld and restore the true power.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  3. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

I won't write 6 paragraphs about this, but I joined today for the first time also. Here's my POV.

I join the server with a friend of mine (I won't say who). He joined faster than me so he started without me. He aventually got locked in the CWU Headquorters for some reason, but it doesn't really matter since he was let out afterwards. Since we just spawned, we wanted to find a CP to assign us to apartments. There were (from what I remember) around 10-15 CPs online, but NONE of them on the streets. The Staff claimed they were training, but there wasn't a single RCT online.

Anyways, we end up going to a store to RP while waiting for the CPs to get out of the nexus. Oh and not to mention, the plaza was mostly empty as more than half of the civs online were rebels or were at the sewers. I bought a coffee. Then someone comes in and mingegrabs the coffee. I call for an admin but I get no responce. The CWU worker locks the door so he can't leave but the minge tries to glitch through it with an anim. The CWU worker called for an admin also but still no responce. Finally, after another player asked for an admin, we got a responce. The situation was dealt with after at least five minutes of waiting for an admin. Anyways, there wasn't much RP going on but then I hear AR2 shots. I check the scoreboard and there was an OTA flagged on, probably fighting rebels. (I was in the server for about two hours and the shots never stopped). Since there was not much RP, I decided to take initiative and create an RP situation. I got scared from the shots and dropped my coffee, spilling it on the floor inside the store. I expected everyone to RP along, but someone even got mad at me for it (OOCly).

Skipping along, I finally find a CP and ask them for an apartment. We look for one but all of them were taken. I thought this was weird, but it wasn't anything important. I found someone that I talked with for a little bit while staying inside, waiting for the shots to stop. (They didn't). We then meet with another citizen who was nice enough to let us use his apartment to stay at. Then rations were announced. I wrote a decent /me about applying and the CP didn't even RP handing me the ration or placing it down. Pointless to say, that's how most of the CPs acted. (Oh and the radio emit spam in the chat was very nice also). I then disconnected as there wasn't anything left to do.

In conclusion, I wouldn't recommend this server at all. The Roleplay quality is low and it's one of those servers who only care about the S2K and RP on other factions rather than focusing on citizenRP.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  4. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

I joined their Discord last night solely because one of my friends was spamming me saying pepper played the server (I don't like him). I went in, bullied Pepper over VC- the usual. I DMed the server owner (EJ) so I could get on with developing for my server.
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/16f71f9fefeb335118df07d6b7c9597e

I posted all my videos of the big P in their #D4nk Meme$ chat along with some images. After a while, myself and two friends got pulled into a channel with the owner and an "operator". The operator had a loli profile picture with the "Hentai Haven" logo on it's chest.

https://gyazo.com/f5681b24d9aba7bc07e8a4c7b405e13f

What happened after this disgusted me. Pratty, the operator, denied pepper was a pedo and "personally sifted through all the videos". He also began to defend pedophiles and tried convincing me and my two friends that liking loli is in no way pedophilia. After this, I was moved out of the channel (along with my friends) before getting banned several time by Pratty. EJ never did anything, and overall that experience in the Discord left me with a very sour taste in my mouth. I didn't record it, but it was seriously fucking bad. The owner didn't do anything about a pedophile being in his server and an operator banned me and several other people whilst defending a pedophile. My friend also told me the servers roleplay was utter shit- all in all I wont give the server a shot, the Discord itself was bad enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer Active Member

HOLY SHIT lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer Active Member

it appears that they enjoy peppers presence
    [​IMG]

pepper tried rping as a very young girl and openly asked people to erp in public on a server I played on, and that of course is not okay, so I have a sort of grudge against him. actively defending him isn't the best choice in my eyes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. oper8or/TehDurpLord

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer Active Member

Well, we did something.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    oh, and pepper pretty much showed himself my justification after asking me why I did the shit I did
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. There was just a small 'raid' on their discord server targeted against our aforementioned carbonated friend. I don't condone raids or support the fact that it took place on the Origins discord, I think it's necessary to point out that both Pratty and EJ seemed to support our well-known soft drink, and also tried to simply silence the event ever happening instead of dealing with the problem.

With all this being said, it would likely be best if the direction of this thread turned away from drpepper and continued being focused on Origins as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

Lmao ima troll him

11. oper8or/TehDurpLord

12. gabs

gabs Clockwork Customer

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. oper8or/TehDurpLord

14. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Dr Pepper's acts is not something new and it's truly disgusting, however, please keep to the original topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. oper8or/TehDurpLord

LMAO

lifespan of a solid minute in the discord. dont mention money to EJ boys

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gabs

gabs Clockwork Customer

Isn't there a rule against replying with only a single image or video? If so that would account for more than half of benders posts. Someone should get on that quick!

Origins had only 32 slots yesterday, but since there's so many UWGers migrating to that server they bought even more slots, probably from donation money. It's always great to see these power shifts in the lower tier mediocre HL2RP community, especially when it makes cocky server owners realize just how loyal their extremely casual crowd of players are. The top dog suddenly dies and all those players flood the second most populated server on the list, and soon it's like that server never existed in the first place. Unless you're TNB or Lemonpunch your server will be completely forgotten, another *GenericName*Gaming server erased from recent memory.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Box Box x 1
  17. I'm one of the HOS, currently newly appointed to make the "considerate" decisions in the server atm. Despite the hate, I'll update the current situation at best. I can guarantee everyone here that despite the server's large amount of playerbase, we are a fucking mess. However, given the situation at hand, I am now attempting to repair the quality that's slowly degrading, and ofcourse that includes trying to revamp the primary face of the server which is, undoubtedly at this time, the MPF. Yes. There was training, however these units were not recruits (except for one). There were two Sectorial Commanders (and numerous Divisional Leaders before me) that failed to uphold their boundaries of tackling the problems related to the quality of said Civil Protection units. As I am now in charge of the MPF I will take that mantle of responsibility to actually get these shotcoppers into shape, or so help me will I probably break a gasket.

First things first, I've decided out of best interests to remove the Elite Protection Unit rank from the server, avoiding the edginess they prescribe plus fixing the gap in the command roles from a field battle unit and field command unit. That was my first step. Also noted corruption in the staff, and I for one am not pleased with the performance of it which is also I am clamping down on. This will take time to bypass as well as other numerous issues that plague the community at this point. The good news is, I've banged a corrupt member of staff after investigating spawning in high amounts of weapons, ammunition and various other illegal equipment spawned from salesmen to give towards his rebel friends. Albeit, some people will say this can be argued, however said corrupt member of staff had known that another person was doing the same (his friend), and upon failing to answer the appropriate question of why he did not report the situation towards myself if he did not do it, staying silent, was demoted from his position. That is a second step.

I don't doubt anyone in here about Doctor Pepper, because as far as I am concerned he's openly admitted to doing this before and it's plastered all over the web. 4chan, websites that include pleads for assistance about a formulae of pedophilia, that sort of stuff. I know he's guilty, however my objections in this case were overruled no matter how loud, even though that each of you here can definitely provide the proof necessary that can lead us into a right direction, I do feel there are some people who are quite overly sensitive to that response, and I also feel some people don't deserve to be around anyone relating to this type of behaviour. My suggestion would be to simply do it anyway.

As for the current situation regarding citizens, I am attempting to also diverse time into a statutory revival of citizen roleplay. Whether this will take a few days or weeks and hopefully it doesn't come to that, then I believe I can root out the main issues that are befalling Origins.

A few of you will know me from other servers, a handful won't, but I can guarantee that you can come to me with doubts, queries and problems that need to be focused primarily. I've made mistakes aswell, learned from those mistakes. Trolls and minges appear to be normal, despite the fact that I've had numerous members come forth stating that these trolls or minges actually appeared to be new players to the game mode with no experience, or simply individuals festering to screw up the system and bringing out the worst in people. I won't lie, that's working but it won't be for long.

See, I come fae Scotland, UK. Timezones are a bit fucked considering it's a US based server, however I do remember the time where the server upon its first few months of release was showing both promise and possibility of expansion. That went wrong when differing ideologies through merges collided and causes a literal tsunami of problems... and I know that some people will question why I exactly stayed, even after I posted up that big fat announcement stating to stay very far away. Turns out, most of the situation had changed. Rumors went around that I sent death threats to the very individual who owns the server which would be EJ... that lie was very much defunct the moment it was circulating but rest assured we've been trying together to actually narrow it down towards who actually did do that and take a course of action later. But that's not in our best interests. Some of you will question aswell "why I am friends with this scammer". If you need the full story, I may speak on his behalf but I can't say the full situation here. Speak towards him if you need the full story.

HOWEVER ONTO THE SERVER AGAIN. It's said old staff members keep getting re-elected despite hazardous nature. Some individuals keep retaining their positions in character in differing factions and proceed to commit the same acts over and over again, causing stress and tension to people, and anger. Now I will admit, we're no where a perfect server, we just collect population, but I will stay in contact with everyone here to say how the situation is going.

And if I'm going to be hanged by C-16, I understand the situation, however I need people to bare with me for I am setting up fixes that *might* just ensure the community is not only active, but might one day be less than a fucking sesspool than it is so it might be enjoyable.

Thanks for reading, keep you all posted, no matter how fucking crazy it goes. Taking one for the team, bois.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Pepper has been taken out. I got him bois.

• Winner Winner x 3
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  19. VerrockLedorBerk

VerrockLedorBerk Active Member

I will kindly ask you to negotiate with me about nexus and not ignore the situation, I will be clarifying my criticisim so you can atleast note that if you really hate me for defending an innocent and probably gonna spam report and box me for posting this, the chance of help. we just seek purity not an ape jungle

20. VerrockLedorBerk

VerrockLedorBerk Active Member

please censor the logs I dont think they're allowed are they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.