1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

A Review on HL2RP as a whole.

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by 6 Dogs, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfficialGhost253

OfficialGhost253 Clockwork Customer

Then why not have kuro just sign over the copyright and permissions to officially develop and distribute to someone who wants to pick up these schemas and make them into what they can and should be? It's evident that he's already gave it up. And that's fine, we all move from something eventually. But CW Schemas are broken and when people pay 20+ USD on a product, including myself, only to find out that additional payment/work needs to go into fixing it, that's where a massive problem arises. This also creates a chain reaction causing not many good servers to pop up throughout the community. It's due to the additional maintainence that goes into buying a broken product in the first place. And for many people, they buy it, and do not know that it's broken all hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Well, the DRM is running out soon so I guess that's as far as it goes. I can't answer the other things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vented

Vented Guest

-snip-

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
  4. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

vgui is done the same way as every where else, so I don't know what you are talking about here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The documentation is bad because it wasn't done in place, it was done after everything was already written. Normally, documentation is written as you are writing the actual code. Since clockwork had no documentation when it was developed so much, a script was made to generate the documentation based on how things were used in the code. There is a massive difference between writing documentation as you are writing code, and writing documentation for a gigantic amount of code that already exists. It's an entire endeavor in its own right, and something which isn't even worth doing. You are asking someone to document thousands of pieces of code for what amounts to basically no payoff. It's not like there's some prize at the end of the tunnel, so why would anyone bother documenting anything?

RJ's website isn't actual documentation. If you go to it, you will see that it tells you nothing clockwork didn't already tell you. The site just displays it in a nice manner in such a way that things are easily viewable. Everything is still missing a description. The website is a good step in the right direction, but you are acting as if it's this huge deal where RJ personally went through everything in the framework and documented it.

Clockwork has a lot of problems. It is coded in a way not like other addons, and there are questionable features in the framework, but you don't have reasonable expectations at all. Clockwork is easy to edit, but you can't just not know any lua and then complain that you can't edit clockwork.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 3
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. 100 hours? Dude, all I was saying is to put the minimum into making the UI look good - like editing the gradients. I don't expect anyone to spend 100, or 500, or 1000 hours on entirely custom VGUI.

6. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

First of all, I spent a good month updating the entire Clockwork codebase to support multi-language which was a crazy amount of effort. Then, I updated my Codebase script to generate documentation .json for every function and library in the code, which is what RJ uses to display the data on his website.

I built Cloud Sixteen and Clockwork through a process that totals almost a decade and dedicated a large chunk of my teenage years to the community and to building probably the most popular and commercially successful serious roleplaying script for Garry's Mod; only to have ungrateful shit-bags like you come along and shit all over my hard work.

I've already announced my retirement, and my plans to release Clockwork to the community over time, but yet everything I do is never enough for people like you.

Saying shit like "I doubt kuro himself knows how to fix that piece of trash" just proves how much of a retard you actually are if you aren't even going to acknowledge the countless hours and sleepless nights that went into the creation of this community and Clockwork and HL2RP over the years.

I'm fed up of people coming onto my forums and shitting all over my legacy. If you don't like Clockwork, go elsewhere, you don't belong here anymore and I won't tolerate it.

Finally, get fucked and never return here you ungrateful piece of shit.

The rage aside, because I'm pretty emotional right now due to what I'm going through:

@Aberidius now has an idea as to what I'm going through IRL right now that is the main reason for my absence. But going forward once this is resolved, Cloud Sixteen will be primarily moving forward with my main project and Garry's Mod will eventually take less and less of a role as Clockwork gets slowly released out to the community. Clockwork will then be developed primarily by a few trustees from 0.98 onwards and the theme system will be even more fleshed out to make custom UI work a breeze.

As you all know the reason I am releasing Clockwork out to the community over the next year or so is because it has taken such a chunk of my life and dedication to get it where it is today, and even though GMod updates broke more and more of it as I lost interest in maintaining it, it is still a prize in my portfolio.

So one big thanks to everyone who has stuck by me in recent years, and to those Legends who have contributed and helped the community thrive even when real-life and our careers have taken priority.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Box x 1
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  7. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

damn, you're almost as fired up as FPtje Falco when he argues with twelve year olds on the DarkRP github.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

Lol its annoying when people who couldn't make anything close to Clockwork's complexity start shitting on your hard work. Needed to rant!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

you should do an AMA

10. Bradley 2

Bradley 2 Clockwork Customer

If you know that you've done amazing then that's all mate don't listen to people saying this is shit or crap as i've played your Hl2RP gamemode so many damn times and it's bloody amazing.

Whatever it is your going through I hope it works out for you!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

Welp, another one bites the dust.

12. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

chucks legacy is coming to an end

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

You're a legend mate, don't let anyone do any harm to you. You work has changed gmod rp forever. My thousand hours of fun on Gmod is thanks to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Based kurozael shows his teeth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roth

Roth C16's furfag mascot (better than Cinder)

didn't kuro just prove his point tho

16. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer Active Member

Fucking get 'em kuro

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Roth

Roth C16's furfag mascot (better than Cinder)

hold on hold on

kuro's getting people to 'make it easier' and that dude was complaining about it being hard... so didn't you just... prove their point?

and let's not forget that the only time kuro ever interacts with this place is to ban people over totally being trolls (totally not related to something else entirely...), yet whines when people rag on their work? what about the multitude of bug reports and and quality of life improvements you could work on? if you don't like people ragging on your work, why don't you make an effort to fix things? or pass it on to someone else? is your ego that big, or are you just too lazy? can you please explain what is going on that hinders you from that? hell, you're more active on your reddit account or playing rust than on here. it's not hard to just say you don't care dude.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer Active Member

images.jpeg

• Box Box x 6
  19. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Owner of U™N™D™E™R™W™O™R™L™D™ GAMING Clockwork Customer Active Member

Hey man just ignore the h8rs bro :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

Well a substantial portion of his life was dedicated to OpenAura/CW/etc. and I can understand how one would lose his passion in such a project that's been going on for so long. Sometimes things just lose their interest over time so ya gotta move on to more interesting things. It does look like kurozael plans on passing along the reins considering his most recent blog post: http://kurozael.com/timefuser/

Who knows? Time will tell.

• Agree Agree x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.