1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

A standalone Metro 2033 Roleplaying Game

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Aberidius, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Zig

Zig Guest

Honestly, I think really making your own platform of anything is superior to making any script in Garry's Mod.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

3. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

No. It just came out the wrong way. Check the Discord Announcements :p

4. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

thats what my mom said
    glad it isnt dead though

• Like Like x 1
  5. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

6. Erih

Erih Clockwork Customer

Where can I find a game client? Or so far this is impossible?

7. Aberidius

We have paused the game developed and moved to Garry's Mod instead for a while. The game will still be made but we want to organise it better. There was a secondary developer that i hired that tried to trash it all. But as i said, the game isn't abandoned yet, we're on garry's mod for now until we've finished organising.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Aberidius

The project has been resumed but we have left the direction of Metro and heading for new things.

9. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

What would these things be?

10. Aberidius

The new game has a steampunk / Bioshock Infinite style. It will offer an open world and free roaming. Our plan is currently to have a main city which is located in the sky, floating, there will then be the mainland that people can travel to. There are ships that can transport you between different sections of the city, you will also be able to purchase your own ships further into the development.
    You can buy household items, weapons and more at the marketplace. You will also be able rent houses and decorate them yourself with the things that you buy. I'm going to begin working on quests / missions that you can do if you are bored but the main goal is to provide entertainment with roleplaying.

I understand that some people may be disappointed that the metro project didn't finish but I hope that this new thing can be something worth checking out. All the development progress is posted in our discord that you can find here: https://discord.gg/FDca6xD

11. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

What map are you going to use. Or are you making the map yourself ?

12. Aspect

As far as I know, he won't be using the source engine or Garry's Mod to make this.
    Unless I read something wrong.

13. Aberidius

This isn't even in GMod. It's a standalone game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Ohh damn, good luck.

15. Aberidius

After finishing writing the base code for everything the majority asked to continue the Metro game project instead of the steampunk one so that's what we are doing. A lot of changes, yes, but they've been necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aberidius

Forgot about the existence of the thread even.

We had the first Pre-alpha 0.0.1 test a few days ago which turned out quite successful. 0.0.2 is coming out this weekend after the podcast.

We have also received legal permission from Dmitry Glukhovsky (Metro 2033 Author).

A quick shoutout to these people who helped out with the testing of the very first version.
    [​IMG]

Launcher was also updated.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. Aspect

I reminded you didn't I? ;)
    I was literally just cleaning up my mobile google chrome tabs and I came across this thread

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

Oh shit, where can I get my hands on this? Also all of the Discord invites are expired.

19. Aberidius

Oh, I'll update the link. https://discord.gg/ZNPjsDG

• Like Like x 3
  20. Aberidius

• Like Like x 3
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 2

Previous Readers (Total: 0)