1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Add a shoutbox?

Discussion in 'Forum Council' started by Ralph, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Ralph

Ralph black Active Member

I understand this may be a stupid idea as in, people will get all cancerous in this "shoutbox" but it would give us a way to quickly communicate, and it could be moderated easily. Consider it my dudes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

this is true enough, but who's to say that anyone would want to moderate it?

3. Ralph

None only then Cash Flow Daddy. @cash wednesday dew'it

4. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

@cash wednesday is a joke. don't even think of insulting him, when they fucking started all that shit. And to think he is a staff member. I have fine communication skills thank you very much. I didn't ask for all of that. And for him to put me in the down side like that was bullshit. Have a good day. ffs

5. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Owner of UNDERWORLD™ GAMING Clockwork Customer Active Member

Please don't compare me to cashflow.
    Anyways, I'm not sure if kurozael even wants a chatbox, and I don't have the power to do anything other than edit the forum node / users / usergroups. I could ask kuro about it, but I don't think he'd jump at the opportunity.

6. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Active Member

this is a bad idea, and even if we wanted to, we can't. no one besides kuro has permission to add addons to the forums, and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows how that'll go.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  7. Ralph

Rip, just thought it would be a cool suggestion. Seeing as most forums have it nowadays. But C16 is no ordinary forum. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Active Member

the addon should already be installed, it's just not on afaik

9. They're hard to moderate since you can't remove posts. You could probably set it so you have to be a certain user group to post it, like active user or something. Only thing is we've had a legendary member attempt to doxx someone in the past, so who's to say that some guy won't use it maliciously? Like, what if someone posted a doxx link on it and we couldn't remove it? Do you have proposed counter-measures?

10. klark

klark α Active Member

thats pretty fucking stupid
    perma ban the user and remove the shoutbox as soon as possible? oh wait kuro will take to long

11. Unfortunately they don't work like regular posts.
    Even then it would just serve to upset me.

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of shoutboxes. However - C16 has attracted drama similar to what I described as early as two weeks ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. klark

klark α Active Member

i probably wasnt there can you explain i need to get with the times.

13. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Active Member

it was a doxx, we're not going to say whose it was but it's a good reason why we shouldn't have a shoutbox

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  14. klark

klark α Active Member

yeah
    also discord i kinda of a shoutbox ig

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sundown

Sundown Guest

perfect this way I can shitpost in real time

I mean... corraborate with my fellow Cloud Sixteen members on important topics regarding community related things.

if this is like even possible in xenforo that be it's always nice to just talk

16. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

woah what I hate to derail but what happened

17. Humblebumbled

Humblebumbled Active Member

How about getting rid of scrolling up.

Or

y'know

adding a delete function

18. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Owner of UNDERWORLD™ GAMING Clockwork Customer Active Member

I see perms in the ACP related to the shoutbox, and apparently mods should already be able to see it, but we can't for some reason.

19. klark

klark α Active Member

they dont make them nor do they know how to make them iirc
    and you usually have to pay for them so if you edit them you could get into legal trouble or something idk

20. Ralph

Previous Readers (Total: 0)