1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

alexanderk does armachair general

Discussion in 'Creative Media' started by alexanderk, Oct 10, 2015.

1. So, as some people (or many) here know, I'm an avid ArmA 3 player. I recently joined a major ArmA 3 unit and I plan to push out videos and streams every now and then. I may post it here, so I'm curious as to how many like that kind of stuff. This is as close to military roleplay you get with brief mentions of "sergeant", but it doesn't stop gameplay. To quote the website of the unit:
    ------------------------
    The primary focus of the unit is light infantry combat in ArmA 3 utilizing real to life tactics, techniques, protocol, and communication.

At its core, a realism unit is a role-playing unit. We strive to promote an immersive and professional environment for members to role-play in by providing a unique and structured military experience. When in-game, members are expected to act as if they are on a foreign battlefield or in a domestic training environment.--
    To give an explanation of what this means, you are playing a role in-game as part of the realism experience. You want to role-play in game as a PVT, SPC, SGT, Infantryman, Medic, etc, etc. You are expected to act as if you are that soldier in that environment when you are playing.

This means that you need to be ready to immerse yourself in your role while in-game. From mission start to mission end you need to pretend that you are in a combat environment - no talking about your "fps" or "lag" or "teamspeak issues" unless there is a critical emergency that needs to be addressed. Don't talk about what you're watching on TV while you're playing or what other people around you are doing. These are all things that break the immersion that is desired by others.

Voice Activation - If you cannot control your voice activation, you will be required to switch to a push-to-talk profile. If you have loud TV or music in the background, or you eat or drink, or there are people or loud children that are constantly making noise, or you use speakers that feed-back through your microphone, or any other sort of voice activation issues you will be required to switch to PTT. This can be one of the single most immersion-breaking experiences and will not be tolerated.

It is our hope in the 506th that we provide the ArmA realism experience that you are looking for. See you on the battlefield!

------------------------
    It's definitely not for everyone, but I enjoy it. I'm planning on joining their airwing as an A-10 pilot, so expect footage of that if it happens. Until then it'll just be infantry footage. Some of it will be official operations ranging from 60-70 players versus AI, some of it will be on our internal fun server. I tried to record a bit today but I got shot down instantly after I started recording, ran to friendlies and then my game crashed. I've still uploaded it though, and you can find it here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIVf_UJ4to

My voice wasn't recorded in this vid, then game crashes at the 3m mark and I don't realise it's still recording so I turn some random music on. So after 3m nothing happens. I'll be setting up proper recording soon and hopefully push some cool clips.

Some other stuff that I'll post is images I think are neat. Either ingame or out of game. My favorite one so far is this:
    [​IMG]

That's an operation task force on official ops day. That's not even all of them. I leave you with this final picture!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

I've done one of these before on a different game. It's actually really fun if you like this immersive and serious shit. I might get back into it on ArmA 3 this time. I've been playing a lot recently.

3. We did a large scale one today, 60~ players on one server versus AI. I'm a Combat Engineer, filled in as security for the demolitions team today. Result:
    [​IMG]

We also took quite heavy fire from a Hind
    [​IMG]

Debrief
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We were one of two task forces, so we had 2x servers of roughly 60-70 players each. So roughly 120~ playing across two servers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bismarack

Bismarack The Roman days were the golden age. Clockwork Customer Active Member

I saw Alex on livestream today raping and pillaging with the littlebird, I haven't tried Arma 3 myself but I'll probably find time soon. Rad af

5. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Active Member

Someone buy me a 970 so I can actually play Arma.

pls alex

pls

6. I should have a clip of us blwoing up shit in that base, will check once I cole home from work

7. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy

WAIT FOR PASCAL

8. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Active Member

I just want a 970.

Even if, by the time that card comes out a new one will be better in more months which = more waiting time and I just wanna game, man.

9. SwiftingFinest

SwiftingFinest Clockwork Customer Active Member

Exactly, every time I go to upgrade my PC I get told "A new better one is coming out soon!" So I wait but soon after it comes out they announce an even better one. A 970 is solid for pretty much all games.

10. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy

-snip-
    eh tbh I should be on topic
    pm/steam for pascal rant

Wow dadexanderk
    great moves
    proud of you
    keep it up
    Maybe one day I'll play Arma with you

Is there like one good source of modern day/realistic content or is from all over Armaholic and what have you @alexanderk

11. I am not allowed to join the norwegian army due to medical stuff I can't waiver. I should have a short vid up later, too.

12. Finished tonights operation about 1 hour ago, took very few screenshots unfortunately.

After I detonated some charges I set by a fuel depot:
    [​IMG]

Task Force getting ready (we were some 60~ people in total)
    [​IMG]

I'll try to take more screenshots next sunday. Coming up: I'll be switching to pilot after the 23rd of November and will hopefully start recording some shit then if I do CAS runs.

13. GamCal

GamCal Active Member

Who wants to buy me Arma 3?

14. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

How did I miss this thread? It's rad as heck.

15. Forgot to mention, I'll probably not update this thread anymore (not that too many people will notice), but it was fun while it lasted on here. See you guys sometime later, maybe.

16. prom queen

prom queen Guest

Dit herinner my aan my tyd in die weermag, hoewel dit in 'n video game. Hoe uitstaande!

17. Ffs, Monkah, can you please stop advertising your virginity so hard?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. If people want me to keep updating this I will

19. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

yeah you should, it looks pretty sweet

Previous Readers (Total: 0)