1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Appropriate Character Personalities for Owners

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by NoahtheBoah36™, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Vented

Vented Guest

i think hes being sarcastic man

2. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

Fellas, you gotta stop taking this shit so seriously. This is a hobby and at the end of the day it should be fun. If you're gonna be a little twink and try to scheme on an alt-account on your own damn server, you're kind of retarded. Just try to give everyone an enjoyable experience. Judge toxicity on a case-by-case basis. Some people have legitimate complaints voiced in the absolute worst way, that doesn't make the complaint not realistic or true. If you act like because you are the owner, and by extension some public figure.. Kill yourself, like now. You are nothing more than the guy who gives everyone the chance to have fun.

Events gotta be fun, and you need to facilitate passive. I guess don't be a lazy butt and play to the strengths of your playerbase/theme.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SamWillington

SamWillington Clockwork Customer

[​IMG]

So for using alts to stop the owner from being both harassed and hated, I need to kill myself and am retarded? o k l o l

This has totally sidetracked from the original answer. Can we return back to topic already?

• Box Box x 12
  4. Generisk Løytnant

Generisk Løytnant Moderator Staff Member Moderator

taking offense to things doesn't mean it's off-topic

unnecessary

generally, i've found that as long as you're not a cunt or naive and easily swayed, then you can do whatever the fuck you want (within reason). i've never once had an issue with roleplaying a character, while running a community. if people take issue with you roleplaying a character, it's probably because you're doing something wrong. ask around to the less hot-headed people for their opinions, and if they just suck up to you, ask the ones that are personally peeved by your roleplay. if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't be running a server in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

the majority of owners just create a hl2rp server to be snowflakes with whitelists that they couldn't have on a server they're not owner on. sorry it's 100% true and if you're denying it then you're probably one of those owners.

proof: filter cw:hl2rp and notice how 95% of the servers up are 0 population then 4% is 1-5 pop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Vented

Vented Guest

if only people listened to this

7. Generisk Løytnant

Generisk Løytnant Moderator Staff Member Moderator

tbh, if they wanna waste money on something that'll never take off, more power to them. it's their money, after all. i regret not taking the time to take newer folks under my wing and help them out with writing skills and whatnot.

e: i'm not claiming to be a great writer lmfao

8. Pistol P

Pistol P Active Member

I try to avoid any meaningless conjecture of who, how, or why a server owner operates the way they do based on a character. Doesn't matter if its a female character or whatever, I just focus on if they have the same general competency of any other player.

The way I operated my servers was that I tried to make my characters useful in the grand scheme of events, but other than the rank or status required for event implementation, I just played my characters as I played in any other server, just with a bit more focus. I chose how I played these characters very carefully and I tried to avoid getting between players or trying to push the narrative of interpersonal drama outside the bounds if I wasn't controlling an event.

I played multiple characters in Site 86, some male, some female, some Level 1, some high Level 4 characters, you name it. Didn't matter to me at all how I presented myself because I knew that these characters were from my heart and they weren't just made for fantasy fulfillment. That being said, the general trend of characters can in fact show a lot about an owner depending on how they utilize them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NoahtheBoah36™

NoahtheBoah36™ Clockwork Customer Active Member

You're right, of course, but unfortunately like 95% of players I've met do not share your discipline when it comes to judging owners by their merits.

10. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer Active Member

maybe you aught to start looking at how you manager your servers and how you interact with your players then, what face you put out as the representative of a community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  11. NoahtheBoah36™

I'm pretty sure everybody does that lmao, I was asking a question on the philosophical standpoint because I was wondering if anybody else had ever thought of this.

12. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer Active Member Restricted

I usually go around and harrass CPs with my citizen characters. Can be funny for other people to watch me get my ass kicked and it gives the CPs something to do other than walk around with their thumbs up their asses.

• Box Box x 3
  13. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

We already know you're a good owner.
    All that blacked.com on your nsfw channel showed your true black colors. Your roleplay reflects this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  14. oper8or/TehDurpLord

• Box Box x 5
  15. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

you guys should stop bulling the underaged foxfucker shillworld server owner, alright? hes got a big server to manage, doesn't have time for any of you..
    [​IMG]
    oh wow.. dont fucking look at the start of the slope decline, don't fucking look at it... it's an anomaly, shillworld is perfectly fine.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  16. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oh man you totally got me

• Box Box x 6
  17. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer Active Member

If you keep talking like that, I'm going to have to sick the HL2RP Hitman on you. He's always looking for new contracts.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  18. oper8or/TehDurpLord

• Box Box x 8
  19. matlock

matlock Active Member

Are we in 2010 again?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  20. NoahtheBoah36™

Why did the bs about a server review get leaked into a thread about the philosophy of a server owner's behavio-- actually I get it, but still, keep that drama away from here, nerds!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Box Box x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)