1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Atomic Society

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Amnis, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer Active Member

[​IMG]

So E3 came and Todd announced Fallout 4.76. Considering the thread for it has died, I'll take it people here are not really hyped up for it.

Today I came across something interesting: a social simulator game called Atomic Society. It's still pretty rough, but looks very interesting. Well at least to me, I really do find social simulators fascinating — with the exception of The Sims. So, the game is basically an in-depth wasteland version of Fallout Shelter without the microtransactions.

The game sort of has a Banished vibe to it.

Here's the description:

Love the background music, reminds me in part of the Oddworld series.

Store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/514500/Atomic_Society/
    Website: http://www.farroadgames.com/about-atomic-society.html

Thought others here might find this interesting.

2. Lucas Simms

Lucas Simms Clockwork Customer

If you like this game you would really like this game called Kenshi, its like a 3d Version of Fallout 1 or 2, set in a post apocalyptic world. Very fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

Reminds me of Lambda Wars for some reason. Probs because of the RTS feel to it.
    Also who's the lad on the pic?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Amnis

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

fallout 76 is gonna be fun imo and i'm preordering it
    i've played all fallouts and i'll think i'd enjoy it
    : )

6. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

Game doesn't look too fun for me. Just a reskin of banished, to be honest.
    I'm sure others will enjoy the game though, not saying it's a bad game.

7. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

I bought Banished and it entertained me for a good three hours before I got bored. Has a bunch of issues and there is a progression cap quite quickly. It also hasn't been updated in years.

8. Amnis

I wouldn't call it that. Banished doesn't have much in terms of social policies that you can enact. This game allows you to enact social policies, so it is kind of like a mix of Tropico and Banished (at least in style). You can literally go as far as sentencing vegetarians to death in this game I believe. You can even encourage your residents to wantonly engage in murder.

9. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

I didn't know that, I looked exclusively at the graphical/contextual feel of it. I'll give it a try, I'll prolly pirate it first to see if I actually like it, and if it's good, I'll buy it.

10. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

I bought Kenshi but it ran like dogshit so I had to refund it.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)