1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Battlefront II Leaked

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Lev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Active Member

2. corrin

corrin hot boat sex Active Member

i dont trust kotaku do you have a more credible source
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Honorable Active Member

dice typically reuses assets from previous games (bf3 and bf4 especially) so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar with this. what I'm most worried about is the lack of conquest mode that made the original games so much more enjoyable. I can't play pvp 24/7 and I hope they decide against doing that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I only played the new battlefront game so I don't really have nostalgia for it, plus I'm not a giant fan of Star Wars. But I did have fun playing it and I have faith this one'll be better/with more content.
  5. duck

duck Phant0m Honorable

I'm really just hoping they go back to the old BF roots. I don't even understand how they could fuck up so badly with the new BF. All they had to do was recreate the original BFs with the new sounds and graphics and everyone's mind would be blown. Feels like the devs haven't actually played the originals. The visual and audio design in the new BF was crazy good. Combine those with the old gameplay and you've got a game that prints money for you.

If this game sucks as well, I'll have lost hope in the series.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

Atleast there's a campaign this time around but sadly I don't think there will be any clone wars. Would have been cool if they followed the original BF2 storyline but instead expand into the new trilogy. Sadly it looks like the retired clone trooper will never see action again :(

Ah looks like it actually is across all eras. Hopefully this game is good then.
  7. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy Honorable

I'm excited!
    I really enjoyed the first one, and like many people I enjoyed the old ones too.
    I really hope they send it more in the direction of the Battlefield series, with more "tactical" action, rather than the arcade-y nature of the first one. Still though, I didn't hate the first one but there was definite issues, so if those were ironed out I wouldn't mind it staying much the same.
    Definitely super excited for the prequel era content. I saw one comment on reddit detailing a theory that the game takes place during the First Order era, but the older battles are explained through a simulation First Order recruits are using. This simulation exists in established canon, and provides a convenient alley for a story-based campaign that doesn't span 70 years.
  8. Rhenz

i'd certainly be interested in a more realistic game. though, my thoughts still stand without conquest. there needs to be more than just a campaign like all battlefield games have.
  9. Rhenz

10. kief

kief kind bud Manager

11. EmperorJericho

EmperorJericho Slav Lives Matter Active Member

Being a Battlefield clone is the best thing that can happen to this game at this point.

The last one was nothing like Battlefield and it sucked cock.
  12. Rhenz

i know. at least its confirmed to have a class system like 1 and 2 and space battles.
  13. Doris

Doris Active Member

its gonna be garbage, its EA ffs

its sad that despite how blatantly dismal and lacking in content battlefront 2 will be, there are still millions of people who will pre order it, still millions of people who will buy it for whatever outrageous price EA demands, and still people who will obsess over it and defend it. it's some compulsive mentality where they just HAVE to have it based off of nostalgia without realizing they're being conned by the same company that attaches it self to a brand, sucks it dry and leaves it in the dirt, occasionally milking it for some bux which they know they'll get

it's just gonna be a re-skin of battlefront 1 with a few sprinkles of political correctness for the progressive market and use shill marketing to create a non-existent hype around their shitty product

u played urselves
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. kief

kief kind bud Manager

prob yes, and i wont buy it like i did the first new one LOL
  15. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy Honorable

So... The originals?
    They've always been Battlefield clones. The only difference now is it's literally made by the same people who make Battlefield.

Nostalgia shines very warmly on the originals. Try to go back to play them with friends: they're unbalanced as all hell, and Galactic Conquest is boring
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Rhenz

i quite enjoy conquest
  17. kief

kief kind bud Manager

originals were not battlefield clones, lol, and plus i still play battlefront with friends
    shits good
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy Honorable

let's play "BF2 or BF2?"
    - shooter released in 2005
    - 6 classes
    - variety of factions and environments
    - primary game mode is Conquest
    - map spawned vehicles

Battlefront was Battlefield in the Star Wars universe with less polish, doesn't mean it was bad.
    Loved the game to death, but denying the striking similarities between the two titles would take an incredible lack of awareness.
    What made Battlefront (2015) kind of shitty was the fact it went away from the Battlefield formula. No defined classes, vehicles were poorly incorporated, and the conquest game mode was neutered.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Doris

Doris Active Member

le funny reaction image!!
    see when you in november fucko
    • Funny Funny x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)