1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Begotten: DAMNATION

Discussion in 'Communities' started by DETrooper, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    COMING SOON

It is dark now, save for my torchlight. I can hardly see, but I know they are here... I can feel them as I write. This place... I awoke here not long ago, but already I can feel it breaking my mind. In my journies thus far, I have encountered many of the others who are trapped here as well. I can doubtless tell the effects this place has on one's mind, as the state of the unlucky ones who have been trapped far longer than I shows. There are others too, more malignant... wardens of this accursed ethereal prison. I know I must get out of this place before I end up like them...

The latest and last spin-off of Begotten before Begotten III, Begotten: DAMNATION is the spark of a new generation of roleplay unlike any server before it. Damnation could be considered to be innovative... radical... revolutionary.

Trapped within purgatory and smitten with amnesia, your character knows nothing except that they must find the eight lost tapes to escape. Countless horrors and monstrosities await, guided by a completely automated system built from scratch. Indeed, the entire server is automated from beginning to end, as each player progresses through Damnation's rich story independently of one-another.

• Complex main quest to find the eight lost tapes, complete with many cutscenes and intricate storytelling.
    • Custom NPCs designed to incite fear and panic, designed to hunt down the player.
    • Fully fledged sanity system which will affect the way your character perceives the world.
    • Custom UI and server intro.
    • Clientside features including dynamic fog, hallucinations, and more.
    • Character thought system.
    • Dynamic music system that responds to gameplay.
    • Journal tab to keep track of quest and story progress, as well as to keep notes on anything interesting.
    • Ability to hide in containers to evade NPCs/hostile players.
    • 'Save Game' feature and Left 4 Dead-inspired respawn feature.
    • "Senses" which allow you to see in the dark but only in a very limited radius.
    • Ability to lean around corners.
    • Dynamic fire-spreading which can engulf entire buildings.
    • Almost any item in the server that you think you can use as a melee can be used as a melee.
    • Custom encumbering system that slows down the player as more weight is added.
    • Custom weather system.
    • Doors can be opened slowly but silently, or fast and loudly.
    • Enhanced medical system that includes bleeding and better medical items.
    • Difficulty slider that affects gameplay.
    • NPC quests and puzzles to solve.
    • Overhauled storage and looting system.
    • Wooden planks to barricade doors.
    • Ability to cook food near entities that are on fire.
    • Low-key gore system.
    • Various cinematic effects.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OTHER INFORMATION

Begotten Discord: https://discord.gg/WmpJjrg

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BegottenIIIExtremeSurvivalRP

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  2. VerrockLedorBerk

VerrockLedorBerk Active Member

can't wait to try

3. sprite

sprite better run through the jungle Active Member

Can I get unbanned from the discord? Also, will the sanity system give worse thoughts and an uglier screen to look at or is it a bit more clever?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Excited for this one. I think I'll make a video about it when it comes out.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TrulyDivined

TrulyDivined Clockwork Customer

This looks really interesting I'll check it out for sure.
    Please do, I loved your last Begotten video lol.

6. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

"difficulty slider"

im already banned but wouldn't that just give people an easy way to the end? feel like that doesn't really fit within the server you're trying to portray

7. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Owner of U™N™D™E™R™W™O™R™L™D™ GAMING Clockwork Customer Active Member

the sanity system has been given a little more oomph since begotten 2.
    it's kind of hard to judge just looking at the thread, but there's a reason why we've said this schema is unlike any other that has probably been attempted (at least on clockwork).

8. sprite

Possibly a high risk, high reward thing?

9. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Owner of U™N™D™E™R™W™O™R™L™D™ GAMING Clockwork Customer Active Member

it'd be easier to equate damnation to a singleplayer experience rather than a roleplay server where you gather with other players to play it as a collective. in other games that offer singleplayer campaigns with difficulty settings you don't get much in the end other than a pat on the back and the feeling of accomplishment that comes with having beaten said game on the highest difficulty. and although in damnation you will be able to feel the difference that difficulty has, and it will shape the way your experience plays out, it does come down to the kind of experience you want, and you probably shouldn't expect more than that same feeling of accomplishment from picking hard mode. just like a single player campaign.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. This, how will this work? You state that DAMNATION will be a single player experience but how will you execute this? While I'm sure you'd prefer to keep it a secret until the server opens I just can't help but ask in hopes you'll sate my curiosity.

11. cash wednesday

you'll still be interacting with players and deal with the typical roleplay server concerns, but the mechanics that drive player progression and story make it a singleplayer campaign at heart.

12. zoid

zoid Active Member

Looks very interesting, the single-player campaign aspect especially. I'll be sure to check it out. Is there a release date planned out or is it just as soon as you guys get it done?

13. cash wednesday

more info pertaining to the release date will be announce shortly on the group page. (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/BegottenIIIExtremeSurvivalRP)

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'll presume you'll be having an application process like you've done with previous Begotten spinoffs. Are there going to be specific rolls/ occupations/ classes that we will apply for or does one simply apply just so they may gain access to the server in an attempt to weed out an unwanted crowd?

15. Applications are now up on the discord.

Go to #damnation-applications

16. sprite

awe fuck, bye. got banned off the discord

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  17. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

The server was extremely enjoyable and I had a blast playing through it. I beat it on the medium difficulty setting and I really wish I went through on it on the hardest. The story and the scares were wonderful and there were a fuckload of twists that actually caught me by surprise. Seriously, great work.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Story was great, never played an RP server with this shared-world singleplayer type gameplay. I thought a bit of it myself back in the day but I never had the coding knowledge to make it happen.

Going to make a video on this, since the plotlines deserve recognition.

• Like Like x 2
  19. zoid

zoid Active Member

a video i edited together that compiles the more notable experiences in my play-through of begotten: damnation

(also it's on the hardest-difficulty)

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  20. Generisk Løytnant

Generisk Løytnant Moderator Staff Member Moderator

sup folks
    don't shit on community threads

thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.