1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Best (dedicated) hosts?

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by Oliver, May 28, 2018.

1. Oliver

Oliver Well shit Clockwork Customer Active Member

I've used my host for about a couple years now, as I feel that hosting on a dedicated server gives you much more freedom and customizing options than a regular server host does (Hence why I'm not really looking for one..)

However, my host has had intermittent issues with my payments not going through, usually resulting in my box being disabled and I got on the phone just in time with them to confirm my payment.

Since this has happened about 6 times now over the past 12-14 months, I'd like to see what other people think about their hosts, or ex-hosters who have a good experience with another company.

(Mind you that the company I use is a subsidiary of OVH)

2. Gregory

Gregory HAS VOTING POWER Investor Clockwork Customer

I've used Zare for my intensive stuff for Gmod, they are flawless, little pricey but fair in my opinion their machines are top notch, good support.

I've had experience making / setting up servers for nearly 3/4 years now within and without of a work enviroment

I currently use Crident though, which is rare as I have always .. Always gone for dedicated hosting, but crident really do just do a good job at hosting, and it's not even a quarter of the price of Zare boxes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

I've been with HostVenom for about 4 years now their service has been fantastic. Great prices and support with very reliable products, I've had practically no down time with them. https://hostvenom.com/

Keep an eye out for their deals/coupons to get some really good prices.

4. OfficialGhost253

OfficialGhost253 Clockwork Customer

When I tried my hand at going with Crident for a short amount of time I've had nothing but trouble. Not to mention the customer support over there was terrible. Yeah, you get good prices, but in reality you do get what you pay for.

I currently use Serenity for small-time development stuff when I decide to try and fuck around a little bit. It's flexible, the prices are good, and the performance is great. Though one downside I will admit is that when Serenity gets DDos'd on one box, some of the others will feel it's effects as well. However, Serenity has the integrity to keep you in the know about all issues, even when you put in a ticket just to ask a question. The support is everything I can ask for. So that's something to think about if you're looking for something not too pricey and decent service. But if you're looking for something with higher performance and have a little bit more of a budget on you, I'd go with someone else.

5. Oliver

Support is something good, but over my years, I've never made a critical mistake I couldn't undo. SYS is also self-reliant, in the sense that when you rent there, you get zero support, or very limited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

never had a problem with linode or vultr

7. Gregory

Gregory HAS VOTING POWER Investor Clockwork Customer

Sorry to hear that man, I've only had 2 issues with them, one for taking awhile to pay me my referral money and 2 not allowing DLLs. Yetbtheybaddss them themself a few months after... But performance wise and support its its good for me for the past 9 ish months

8. matlock

matlock Active Member

I swear by NFOservers. Their pricing might be steep compared to other hosts, but their DDoS protection and server stability are integral if you're gonna start a high-profile community.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I don't host servers very often at all, but some of the cheaper hosts are actually surprisingly good. My usual one is EUGameHost, slots are cheap as hell and the support is surprisingly good. It's not quite at the scope of hosts like NFO, but you get what you pay for, and if you know what you're doing it's a good starter. Definitely go for a more well-known host if you're running a big community, though. I've used NFO and for large populations they're fantastic.

10. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer Active Member Restricted

NFO or bust. It's rather expensive compared to others but man you really cannot beat what they have. Really easy to use interface, ticket response times measure in single digits, ddos protection(uwg has been hit like 18 times with no crashes or lag lasting more than like 5 seconds) and the customer service is great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

He isn't looking for a managed server.

12. hint: if you want good responses, post what you need. "Dedicated server" is a pretty broad market, at least post a budget and what kind of location and resources you are looking for

13. Sly

Sly Life is wasted on the living. Clockwork Customer Active Member

NFO has un-managed servers as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Yes, the unmanaged servers that he wasn't talking about when he mentioned cheap slots.

15. EUGameHost do un-managed too. Still good prices.

16. Oliver

This was merely a discussion regarding dedicated hosts and what people use, so I can reference it to my own host currently.

Price and location isn't as important, although European or Canadian would be preferred.

17. BurningMadness

BurningMadness Clockwork Customer

I also use Crident network, i never had any problems, its simple and functional, i even have a lifetime promo code, you just have to know how to manage your space, for exemple if you host an halorp with 300 addons expect to work with like 15% of your allocated space since the addon take it all.

Also i used serenityserver in the past and never had any problems, the only reason i moved is for the promo code, also serenity provide a knowledgebase support extremly useful for newbies.

Crident have a community on discord, i got support one day from them but that's it, i don"t really hang in their discord because i'm like that
    Also very helpful, serenityserver used to offer a nice web hoster as a bonus for your garry's mod server but idk if they still do it anymore. I installed worldpress and got my own forum on it, was extremly helpfull and i had zero experiences in web hosting

18. OfficialGhost253

OfficialGhost253 Clockwork Customer

Yes, they do. You can usually get a free basic webhosting service along with purchasing a server host. Also don't quote me, but I also think you can get free webhosting if you purchase server hosting outside of Garry's Mod. (IE. Ark, CSGO, etc.)