1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Citizen RP Proposal

Discussion in 'Lore Suggestions' started by Sixx, Feb 25, 2019.

?

Use this system?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

57.1%
  1. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Legend

I had the idea of removing divisions from the MPF like Helix, traditionally the medic division, and Grid, the engineering division, and instead setting up a new type of whitelist for these classes and RP types (I know a lot of people who really enjoy making shit and doing medRP) to basically hand them to citizen roles. Was your character a doctor, nurse, engineer or technician before the war? Why should your talents require you to join the MPF? These loyalist type roles would go hand in hand with aiding the MPF, and would grant anybody who has it basic level clearance to Nexus facilities. In the edit of C18 I’m building (though it’s not 100% we’re using C18 since the map is still tied), I put in a building which I think would be perfect for this purpose.

They would basically be a more “elite” workers union, where the CWU handles general businesses, housing, manual labour and citizen relations, this new whitelist would handle more advanced tasks. We could even have it so that the Nexus has citizen workers - from receptionists and maintenance workers, to people filling out arrest reports and documenting them in the place of a division like JUDGE.

I think we should put more power and roleplay to the main faction that will take up the server, and this is a great way to do it.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Duspende_

Duspende_ Veteran Active Member

Off-Duty units that can double as doctors or engineers in the CWU when not on the beat.

3. Aspect

Aspect Damn, okay. Veteran Active Member

Yes
    Just yes
    That's all I have to say

4. I disagree, the whole point of Helix and Grid divisions is to minimize chances of failure, say a SeC gets shot, if you bring him to a CMU chances he would get assassinated and killed during the operation are high, it is a classic hitman game where you disguise yourself as a doctor to kill the high value patient, or as an engineer to sabotage a vehicle and plant an explosive etc.
    This will just cause too much death and minimize secrecy within the units. Therefore I have to disagree.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Duspende_

Entertainment Value vs Realism Value is a classic problem. However, EV should always outweigh RV.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

the idea makes sense, but its obvious the MPF would not rely on citizens as medics for the force or engineers, so there should still be some sort of denotion that a unit has medical training or some other specialization, somewhat as duck said in the other thread.

other than that, i like the concept

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Duspende_

MPF aren't inherently more loyal or trustworthy than the Citizens. In fact, the Civil Workers provide more for the Union than the MPF does.

It's a very typical fallacy that people assume the MPF to matter more to the Union, or that they're the epitome of loyalism.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. eliminate the cwu and give general workshifts/events to citizens as opposed to catering to a specific (dead) faction that does nothing

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. This would be a step into making a "dead" faction, more active. The big issue with the CWU is that all of it's customers are Citizens, and citizens don't get shot too often, nor does the average citizen decide to RP a leak in the water pipes going towards their apartment. If the CWU is opened to a whole new market, in which their services are in high demand (Units getting shot/stabbed, making ammo and weapons, etc.) it would completely revive the faction.

10. Duspende_

That's because the gamemode is outdated. It was built for a different audience back in the day. The kind to buy appliances for the RP, and RP squeaky hinges on their doors, and lights flickering in their apartments and their drain not draining completely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lung

Lung Moderator Staff Member Moderator Active Member

The entire idea of this is refreshing. It would give a huge purpose to actually being a citizen. As I was saying in the discord, I've joined countless servers where citizens can't do anything. They eventually get bored and either start minging or doing something stupid just for the hell of doing something stupid. I think this would create vacuum tight roleplay scenarios where roleplay is always available. (mostly because no one knows how to passive anymore apparently) But I do get it, passive rp can be boring, I get bored of it occasionally. If it creates not only a more diverse citizen system but allows roleplay to streamline a lot easier I agree with this indefinitely.

12. Songbird

Songbird ❤️ Staff Member Moderator Veteran Active Member

I'll go and say this: I don't like passive RP. Roleplaying squeaky hinges and roleplaying to fix them sounds like an absolute nightmare to me, I have enough menial tasks to do in real life. I genuinely believe that you have to possess a really interesting and imaginative mindset to actually enjoy serious roleplay.

What made me fall in love with serious roleplay are the amazing roleplay scenarios that you can do. Just the sheer fact that you are basically talking to people in HL2 universe is amazing. Acting out camaraderie between the Civil Protection, acting out the paranoid life of Resistance member or acting out a stressful life of someone pretending to be a loyalist is what makes me want to play on HL2RP. It is the game of acting, not writing. I think the focus should be on creating more scenarios for people to act and fewer scenarios where you have to do /me actions.

Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sixx

This is 100% why it would be a loyalist whitelist
    Of course there will be units that can act as combat medics or field engineers but they wouldn't have the daily tasks of sitting in the medbay and performing surgeries on people, their roles would be far more generalised and their main priorities would be patrolling.

also everything that @Songbird said I agree with, I think CitizenRP is fully narrowed down to the pathways of either looking for resistance members and acting as anti-citizen as possible or making yourself a loyalist, there's no in-between ground and I think this would be a perfect compromise. These jobs wouldn't be terribly difficult to get into and we could have IC applications for them which would only generate more RP for everyone involved; if there was a loyalist in a high place of power who defected and wanted to throw a spanner in the works then they should be allowed to do that because it generates interesting situations. If the SeC is shot and the guy operating on him decides to "misplace" something or deliberately fuck up the operation and the SeC dies then it'll cause a good kind of chaos that will lead into further more enjoyable events.

Too many servers put too much love into the MPF and nothing into citizens besides some half assed CWU system revolving around a work desk and daily work cycles on i17. Give citizens more demanding jobs and roles and let it breed more roleplay than it takes away from MPF units.

14. Then what's the point of creating it, if rebels can't be undercover engineers or medics?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sixx

Rebels can be undercover engineers and medics, it'll just take more to get into than popping your name in a box and getting access to the jobs really quickly, that's all I meant

16. Capable Peach

Capable Peach Clockwork Customer

Previous Readers (Total: 0)