1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

City 18 in Unreal Engine 4 [Old Unfinished Project]

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Papabear3g, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Papabear3g

Papabear3g Clockwork Customer Active Member

It's not much at all but when I was younger I got bored and decided to create City 18 in a modern engine. I worked on this on an older engine version so not everything got imported into the new UE4 engine, so there's a lot of missing stuff now. I only worked on a few areas of the map which I didn't finish, but I'm just putting this out there for the hell of it.

Nexus Rooms - I exported the material and texture files from hl2 and worked on them in photoshop to create normals for some of the textures, which gave the metal a more pop effect that made it look more rough and metallic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CWU Medical Building - Again I exported some of the floor textures and gave them normals, and for others I replaced them with entirely new materials that gave it a much more realistic feel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spawn Area and Outside - Again it was a lot of work needed to be done and I was busy at the time, so I never really got to it. I made a decal and created a normal map for the concrete wall texture, then placed the decal over the wall which made it look really nice in my opinion, and the result came out good. As for the spawn, most of the props became missing so there's no point in showing that here, and the exit looked half finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Terminal Hotel Floor - Improved the original floor tile with a new one, added a normal map, added reflection, and wooden flooring although the transition from the marble floor to the wooden flooring didn't look nice.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

Sneak peak for how ported maps in S&Box are going to look.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Papabear3g

Lmaoo there's a plugin called Hammuer that imports source maps to UE4, I have a little experience with the engine but definitely need a lot of work. Here's a link incase anyone ever feels like making Stand Alone HL2 RP :D even though Valve frowns on stuff like that
    https://nte.itch.io/hammuer

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Simplizim

Simplizim Clockwork Customer

You did a really good job, i have to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Papabear3g

Thank you lmao

6. not bad at all.

7. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

This looks great man, I was actually thinking about doing something very similar using Unity.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lockness

Lockness Clockwork Customer

Really impressive- are you using the old textures or new ones?

9. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Looks sick man keep it up mate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BurningMadness

BurningMadness Clockwork Customer Active Member

Thanks for sharing, this look awesome, but scare me about performances for potatos PC

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

It's time to upgrade.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Will be nice when this can be done directly to S&Box.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BurningMadness

BurningMadness Clockwork Customer Active Member

Their said they want to achive a map building tool in or out of the game but still alowing a team to work together

14. I think Facepunch should hire you so you port their game to unreal 4 so players get even lower fps

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. great unreal skills this is greaet
    this would be awesome if hl2rp didnt suck

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Papabear3g

It was a mix of both, until I finished all of them.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)