1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important CivCraft: Worlds - Launching July 16th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kurozael, Jul 8, 2016.

1. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

Hi chaps. Are you interested in politics? Economics? Like the idea of starting a village, town, city, government? Or do you simply want to destroy what others have created?

CivCraft: Worlds is Minecraft for Adults. With a full suite of custom plugins that merge together to create a beautiful simulation of the world in Minecraft. There are no rules, everything is player created. Band together to create epic factories that output at greater efficiency, reinforce blocks with Smooth Stone, Iron, or Diamond to make them harder for others to break. Imprison other players for any duration so long as you have enough coal to keep them in 'The End'.

The possibilities are limitless. Join us on July 16th and help shape the world (or burn it to the ground.)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Tyler

Tyler no one physically cares mate Active Member

Is this vanilla MC or does it require certain packs? If so, download link?

Nevermind. Can't wait for launch!
  3. kurozael

Hey man, this runs on Minecraft 1.10 and you need to install no client-side mods. It's all done with server-side plugins and clever methods to display any custom menus to the client, too. So very easy to join and get started. However, it's recommended that you install JourneyMap so that you can set waypoints/mark locations/and generally discover the world a bit better.

Wiki: https://wiki.civcraft.co/doku.php
    Forums: https://forum.civcraft.co/
    Server (not live yet): mc.civcraft.co
    Megathread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft/comments/43k9xa/30_megathread/
  4. ShadowOfDoubt

ShadowOfDoubt In the grim dark future. There is only SCG.

Even if it's meant to be designated as "Minecraft for adults" I'm sure many of the angsty, younger teenagers and children will want to give it a shot and infest it like they did the normal version in the end.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. klark

klark α Active Member

i guess this is a new reason to get out my 3 year old account
  6. sloth_

sloth_ i swear im not slow Active Member

can you make drugs
    i want to be a drug lord
  7. Zig

Zig Clockwork Customer Active Member

No but, you can start wars and empires in business. At one time I was stealing mass amounts of bread, bringing it back to the town I was at which was very poor in food and I was selling it for loads of money. I was a bread lord. Even if that was a joke then whatever, still I know deep down inside you wanted to be a drug lord :(

To be fair, that was one of my main concerns when I first played it but to be fair I didn't run into literally anybody that was like that, maybe it'll happen at a time when the mod gets a lot more popular, but so far I haven't had any bad experiences with other people at all except when they were raiding or I was trying to kill people.

Just a side note, you're gonna need JourneyMap.
  8. sloth_

Just a query why're you advertising it? Not that I hate it or anything because it sounds like something I enjoy but are you (kuro) helping dev or something? None the less I'll deffo play, I'll make a 9gag empire
  9. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

wow minecraft what a nice turn?
    inb4 erp.
  10. kurozael

I'm not a developer, but I have followed and supported the CivCraft community for years, and the 3.0 launch next week has the potential to be massive now that the devs have put all their hard work into sharded servers. It's going to be amazing. 2.0 was a fucking blast and I lost a lot of my life in there. It's worth checking out. I'm advertising out of love for it.

We should definitely meet up in Discord on launch. Though I'm currently part of a 50+ man town/region called Danzilona (http://reddit.com/r/Danzilona). We'll be spending most of the first week finding a good place in the world and establishing our colony. New Danzilona will be awesome :)

I mean CivCraft 2.0 had thousands of players, the subreddit alone has 8,000 subscribers. You really need to read the wiki and stuff and learn about the different plugins in use, they're honestly amazing and how they all work with eachother to create the experience is just brilliant. If you come straight into it without reading about the plugins you might be very lost, but people are generally friendly.

Just watch out for the 4chan lot :p
  11. now you'd think thats out of the fucking window without a mod, but you can't stop the people from getting high. they'll, they'll just find a way.
    Pot (potions) has/have been a long treasured substance on the server. You could buy them at most cities and you'd see impromptu pot stores set up at some festivities and events to cash in on tourists that wanted to kick back and relax, y'feel?
    Different parts of the server treat it differently, you'll see some people confused or aghast that people nearly kill themselves for a little buzz, some towns make it into a national pastime.

In Danzilona the pufferfish trade thrived underground before its legalisation, people would gather on the pier in groups to fish for it together. Admittedly. Quite a few people drowned. After some minor street brawling between anti-puff protestors like Neondan at the house of noted pufferfish distributor Des23(and later city manager(mayor)), consumption of the fish was protected by law. All that because people liked the risk and (apparently) adrenaline from removing most of their hearts and letting the world swirl around them like a whirlpool. neat stuff
  12. sloth_

Cloud Sixteen Empire, Nazi Regime get it going
  13. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Honorable Active Member

i like this idea. ill be hitler.
  14. RJ

RJ no pay Honorable Clockwork Customer

i like this idea. ill be heinrich himmler.
  15. Rhenz

i like this idea. welcome, mein bruder.
  16. redcatjack

redcatjack Moderator and Map Developer Staff Member Moderator Clockwork Customer

I'm up for this
  17. Rhenz

jesus you ruined everything
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. sloth_

dibs anne frank pls
  19. Svensis

Svensis Guest

were you paid to promote this?
    • Like Like x 1