1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Clockwork Constructors - Construct your own items, factions, and plugins! (RELEASED)

Discussion in 'Development' started by RJ, Mar 5, 2017.

1. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

CLOCKWORK CONSTRUCTORS
    https://clockworkconstructors.com/

[​IMG]
    The first iteration has released! You can check it out here: https://clockworkconstructors.com/

You can track my progress of Clockwork Constructors here: https://trello.com/b/MHgKejT6/clockwork-constructors

So this is a small website I whipped up during a class in college. I didn't do anything with it since, but sometime yesterday I felt like writing a blog post about it but I ended up working on it again. This is meant to replace my program called Plugin Constructor and to add constructors for numerous things to make Clockwork development easier.

AVAILABLE CONSTRUCTORS
    This constructor is due for release first. The first iteration won't be able to construct a fully loaded item, but it will give you the basis for one. The second iteration will add in all (or most) possibilities for an item which would include base specific configurations (e.g. selecting an ammo type).

[​IMG]

Construct Faction (under construction)
    The first iteration will follow the same milestones of the item constructor in that it'll give you the basis of a faction (e.g. name, models, basic faction logo definition, etc.). The second iteration will provide more customization (faction logo upload and implementation), class creation (name, wages, decscriptions, etc.), maybe auto name generator for said faction, etc.

Construct Plugin (under construction)
    This part is the easiest and I'm saving it for last. It entails just creating folders and basic files and would largely be a copy/paste from my Plugin Constructor program. In the meantime just keep using the Plugin Constructor program since that works just as well.

OTHER STUFF
    _______________​

Downloading Your Construction
    Downloading is pretty straight forward. After construction you'll be presented with a summary page and given an opportunity to take note of your download link (it'll be removed within 30 days). Your construction will be in a .zip file that you can download by clicking the button at the bottom of the page or by clicking the URL.

[​IMG]

Stretch Goal Constructors
    I'm not setting out to create these, but it's possible (ordered from most to least likely to be created):
    • Command Constructor
    • Blueprint Constructor (for Clockwork's crafting library)
    • More Item Constructor bases (accessory, container, and generator)
    • Library Constructor (for advanced developers)
    • Menu Constructor (e.g. CW's Business menu)

Trello
    You can follow my progress on Trello here: https://trello.com/b/MHgKejT6/clockwork-constructors

MILESTONES
    _______________​

Clockwork Constructors has released! You can check out what's available here: https://clockworkconstructors.com/

Blueprint Constructor Milestones:
    • Initial Blueprint Constructor released (basic fields, Item Requirements, Items to Take, Items to Give)
    • Item Selector for Item Requirements, Items to Take, Items to Give categories
    • Copy/paste from Item Requirements to Items to Take

Item Constructor Milestones:
    • Initial Item Constructor released
    • Base Specifics fields added

Plugin Constructor Milestones:
    • Initial Plugin Constructor released
    • Colour selector for Author field added
    • Folders consolidated under the Folders category

Quick Construction Milestones:
    • Initial Quick Construction released (download links to .zips, bare necessities filled in for each type of download, e.g. an item would have all the fields but nothing filled in)

More milestones to be added...

So yeah, that's it! Questions, comments, concerns always welcome as usual.

For those that have seen this before and are wondering what's different, things actually do more of what they're supposed to do now (not as much smoke and mirrors).

• Good Coder Good Coder x 10
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Make an option to manually write Lua functions (such as OnUse, OnDrop, etc. Not just a yes/no checkbox) before you download the constructed version. Make an option to add custom fields to stuff (just a "+" button that lets you specify field name and it's value, also let those values be functions and let people write custom code in). It'd also be nice if you added syntax highlighter for aforementioned function editors.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RJ

I can probably add a Custom Functions section where you can enter these 3 things as many times as you want: Function comment (optional), function name, and function parameters (decimal separated, leave blank for no parameters). I'll be keeping the checkboxes for the most used functions (e.g. OnUse, OnDrop, etc.).

I can do the same as I mentioned above but named as Custom Fields. It would allow you to set the name, and the value would have to written out in its entirety for what you want it to be (e.g. if it's a string you'd have to surround your value with quotes [""]). I won't be adding any syntax highlighting as that is out of scope for this project.

I'll see if I can get those features added for the beta release of the Item Constructor, but more than likely it'll be for the final release. Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  4. cash wednesday

cash wednesday [UWG-Owner] [EpicBoii] [YeetNigga] Clockwork Customer Active Member

Looking forward to this, nice work @RJ!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. The Way Home

The Way Home Active Member

looks nice but most of the people/servers/communities this is aimed at are made up of uninformed simpletons who won't use it ;'(

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. RJ

I think it'll catch on. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. emms

emms eskimo Clockwork Customer Active Member

i appreciate it, RJ.

makes my job easier

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. RJ

Work is coming along nicely, also some slight UI changes...

A bar goes alongside the top, you can click Clockwork Constructors at the top to go back to this main page, also more buttons (some icons were shuffled around):
    [​IMG]

The constructors have their icons displayed when minimized (the ones that are ready to use), the [item] badge was replaced with just the word, I'm also using badges for omitted inputs (those orange N/A things):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  9. RJ

Alpha release will be delayed by 1 week (or less depending on how much progress I make). I've mostly been working on stuff that'll prevent people from abusing the system (e.g. spamming refresh to create a bunch of constructions) and it's taking longer than expected. Functionality is complete and what not, I've just got to finish the boring stuff... So yeah.

Now enjoy some more pictures (not too much is different, but this is what the alpha release should look like). :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  10. RJ

So I made the mistake of planning to finish this up the day after my St. Patrick's Day party. Suffice it to say, that didn't go as planned... Regardless, I have this weekend open so the first iteration should be release at the end of this upcoming weekend or sooner.

11. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer Active Member

Can't wait for this! I'm getting into developing for Clockwork to help add items to a HL2RP server and making crafting recipes so this will definitely help. Gonna save so much time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RJ

• Good Coder Good Coder x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SmallS

SmallS shut the fuck up smalls Clockwork Customer Active Member

HOly fuCK Yes Ffuck!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

15. RJ

Soon(tm).

16. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer Active Member

I officially love you RJ. LOVE you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. cash wednesday

cash wednesday [UWG-Owner] [EpicBoii] [YeetNigga] Clockwork Customer Active Member

Very nice work RJ! I probably won't see myself using this tool but I bet tons of people will get miles of use out of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. RJ

19. RJ

I (hopefully) simplified the Item Constructor page (albeit not too much is different), please rate your criticism:
    [​IMG] - It's easier to understand.
    [​IMG] - It's harder to understand.
    [​IMG] - It's about the same difficulty to understand as before, or not enough to notice.

[​IMG]

I also made item constructions a tad more informative:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  20. RJ

• Like Like x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017

Previous Readers (Total: 0)