1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

[Clockwork] Diseases

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Atebite, Jul 11, 2014.

1. VeXan

VeXan Clockwork Customer

Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

Jesus Christ, this awesome. I'm gunna use this!

2. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

Mini-update to straighten out some sillies.

Chanelog:

Code:
    * Injecting vaccines into others is no longer an instant action
    * Clockwork.disease:CurePlayer() now checks if the player actually is infected with the disease before doing anything.
    * Changed progress bar text to "Injecting..." for it to be more vague and thus more universal/usable.

EDIT: Wording.

3. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

Update #3

Can't believe I hadn't thought of this before, but at least I have now.

Diseases will now wear off over time! Sadly, a cold won't be there to accompany you throughout your entire life, therefore diseases will now falter and leave your body (you'll be magically cured) after a couple of hours (real time, meaning you can leave the server over night and be rid of your cold when you wake up). Well, unless the disease you're infected with is chronic of course, in which case you'll just have to cope with it for the rest of your life.

Some diseases are more persistent than others, however, and that's why you can also give diseases a few extra hours in the poor infected guy or gal's body.

Changelog:

Code:
    + Added functionality for diseases wearing off over time.
    + Added number extraSickTime to the disease meta.
    + Added bool chronic to the disease meta.
    + Added config options for how long it should take before a disease wears off.

4. Polis

Polis Guest

I'll be making a diseases megapack in the coming week and will release it on my plugin thread. ETA Friday.

It will include config options of its own and high customizability, with many rare and common diseases. It will include immersive commands your average player can usd, while it will also include lots of items that are used to infect/cure a player with or against certain diseases.

Just a heads up. :). This framework is fantastic.

5. pchard

pchard Active Member

When infecting I get this:

6. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

Uploaded a miniupdate, see if it helps.

7. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

A vaccine often makes us temporarily immune/resistant to a pathogen by tricking our bodies into secreting antibodies.

Lets say, the swine flu shot (Which is obviously the most retarded one ever made in human-medical history). The swine flu shot contained chemicals and a dorment protein string of the virus's RNA which our macrophages and leukocytes would pick up and analyze. Once it analyzes it, it learns about the virus and creates antibodies that will hunt down and sterelize any organisms that are carrying that string of code.

Vaccines are often temporary as the hay-flick-limit allows our cells only to reproduce an X amount of times, once the cells that know how to kill/sterelize the pathogen has died, you'll need another shot/vaccine to teach your newer cells.

A vaccine doesnt mean that we're immune but it does boost our immune system by a high percent against whatever you were vaccinated for. A vaccine's effect can last from 1 day to 10 years. Or even more. It all depends on how your cells learn. It's extremly rare for our cells to reject the vaccine.

When we are vaccinated we might get sick or experience similar symptoms to whatever the disease we were vaccinated for. Such as fever, rashes, mood swings or whatever.

No it is not possible to be vaccinated once infected. Well, it depends. By infected I mean as in the pathogen attacking your cells, aka, you're sick. BUT, if it's like, lets say, Rabies, which takes 25 - 30 days before symptoms show, you CAN get vaccinated.

So, if you've contracted the disease, but show no symptoms, you CAN get vaccinated before the body reacts to the disease, if the first symptoms show, then nope, it's too late.

Hope this helps! :3

I'm a clinical science student and I LOVE ZE BODY :D

8. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

They cure the disease. I know it's not realistic but I found it necessary at the time since I hadn't implemented diseases wearing off. I'll probably get rid of that in the next update, which may or may not come in ages (I'm busy with other things, there's a massive world outside of coding in Clockwork when it comes to gLua).

That's interesting! Didn't know the specifics of how vaccines work.

While realism definitely is a goal here I don't want to forget the fact that Clockwork - in the end - is just a gamemode in a game. I'm trying to capture the big picture, not the specifics (and the big picture of vaccines is that they make you immune to diseases). I think that being that fine about how things work would be a bit too much unnecessary work, not to mention it makes it complicated for the users.

Then again, this is a framework, and since all the functions in the library are accessible and able to be overwritten, anyone is free to change it up to take it all to the next step. In fact, I'd love to see that.

9. VeXan

VeXan Clockwork Customer

You should add something like "Zones" with this plugins that will infect a player with a defined disease if they walk into an area.

10. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

1/100 of your character being diabetic? It would be more accurate if it'd be 12/100. (If you're aiming for real statistics)

Also, here's some food for thought for people who are working on this gamemode.

Influenza (The Flu) Is caused by a virus, there are many types of Flu's and new ones are being made every second as it mutates rapidly. It would be silly to have swine flu because if lets say you'd be infected with swine flu, then you infect someone else, the other one who you infected wont have "swine flu", they'll get a different type of flu. If you're implenting the flu as a disease then I'd suggest you keep it as a basic flu. Chills, fever, runny nose, sore throat, muscle pains, headache (often severe), coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. It can last from 1 week to 3 weeks. You can always be infected by the flu immediately after you've been cured. influenza is transmitted through the air by coughs or sneezes, creating aerosols containing the virus. Influenza can also be transmitted by direct contact with bird droppings or nasal secretions, or through contact with contaminated surface

A Common Cold (aka) Nasopharyngitis is caused by a virus. It attacks our respiratories and in some cases our gastric systems. You know the symptoms of this already. Once we've had a cold, we're immune to getting another cold for about a four - five weeks or so. This is because our bodies have built up a natural defense against the virus.

Rabies is a viral disease, it's one of the most deadly diseases known to man and most animals. The virus is invisible to our immune system and once it's inside our body, it travels its way up our cerebrospinal fluids to our brainstem where it hijacks our neurocytes and cause us to go insane and eventually orders the brain to shut down our organs. The virus is highly contagious, some reports say that it can be contracted from as much as touching the patients skin with your own, and in some cases it requires the infected host to bite you. It's often transferred by bodily fluids such as urine, sweat and saliva. The virus can infect humans and many other animals like dogs, bats etc. Just as all other viral diseases, Rabies is uncurable, but it does have a vaccine. The vaccine is ONLY effective once you're infected. If a dog with Rabies bites you, it often takes 30 days till the first symptoms show up. Within those 30 days, you are perfectly healthy, but you'll need the vaccine, because once the first symptom shows up, you're dead meat. There's no turning back once the first symptom shows and all you can do is wait for nature to take its course.

Gangrene can occur if a wound goes untreated. Gangrene is caused by ischemia or infection, mostly its bacterial but it can be parasitic aswell. In most cases it's caused by a bacteria known as Clostridium perfringen. This bacteria is all around us, in filthy water, in dirt, on our hands, it's not really dangerous unless it blooms inside a wound. The bacteria releases toxins that cause necrosis of tissue, it makes the wound rot. Gangrene CAN be fatal as it can cause blood poisoning or spread to your vital organs if you don't treat it. You can treat it with light antibiotics such as cephalosporin or pencilinium. The symptoms for gangrene is, tissue necrosis of untreated area. Fever. Aches. Weakness. Nausea. Vertigo. Diarrea. If Gangrene is untreated and you're unlucky, it can develop into "Clostridial myonecrosis", it's when you swell up and blisters full of toxic necrotic fluids build up all around your body. This stage is irreversable and has a mortality rate of 94%. Unless you amputate the infected limb and treat the patient with stronger antibiotics. If it's not a limb then well, sucks to be you. - Tags - Gunshot wounds, stab or cut wounds. Gangrene cannot be transferred.

These are very crude descriptions of the most common killers and troublemakers to mankind. Feel free to add me on steam, I'd love to elaborate and even tell more! :)

IMPORTANT:

A virus CAN NOT Be cured with anything but our body itself.

Antiviral drugs are just experimental and havent shown any concrete signs of actually working.

Bacterial pathogens CAN be cured with antibiotics.

Ways to prevent getting sick.

Viruses are often not affected by cold weathers/temperatures, nor warm unless we're talking about burning hot. Detergents, UV Light(Sunlight), Antiseptics and Vaccines are the only way to avoid being infected by viral diseases.

Bacteria is slightly different, as UV Light can in some cases boost the bacterial blooming, and so can temperatures, however, Bacterial diseases are much easier to inactivate and cure at early stages.

11. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

This is awesome, by the way :)

12. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

r8 changelog:

Code:
    + Added version tracker.
    + Added function OnInit to disease meta.
    + Added function OnUnload to disease meta.
    + Added blindness as example disease.
    * Minitweaks.

13. Re: [Clockwork] [BETA] Diseases

Finally, the Ebola outbreak can begin!

14. duck

duck Phant0m Honorable

I see you're using version checking. If you want an easy way to check the plugin's version, you can use this serverside if you're using the GitHub version of Clockwork:

Code:
    PLUGIN:InitializeCloudScript(url, callback)
    It POSTs the plugin's name and version (the version can be set in the plugin.ini, e.g, version=1;) and the callback function is passed the response. You can set up a PHP script to read the POST data and check if the plugin is up to date or just use pastebin. I like to setup a pastebin for each of my plugins.

http://i.imgur.com/1Eh777D.png

You can set your URL to a pastebin and set the callback as print or RunString, as a few examples. Or you could make your own function and handle it in your plugin's files.

15. Mixed

Mixed C16 Support Staff Staff Member Store Support Foreign Moderator Clockwork Customer Active Member

Any fix for this?

I've been trying for a few hours.
    Code:
    [Clockwork:Diseases]
    The 'Think' hook has failed to run.
    lua/includes/extensions/table.lua:150: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Code:
    [Clockwork:Diseases]
    The 'PlayerCharacterUnloaded' hook has failed to run.
    lua/includes/extensions/table.lua:150: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

for the smart guys: necropost is allowed in plugins section

16. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

He's been inactive for a long time. I don't think you'll be getting support for an outdated plugin. :(

17. Mixed

Mixed C16 Support Staff Staff Member Store Support Foreign Moderator Clockwork Customer Active Member

I know Atebite is inactive, It was to know if it's a known issue by another guy.

18. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

Ah. I personally haven't encountered this issue. Sorry.

19. Mixed

20. dead flag blues

Sure. Post your Steam and I'll send it over that.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)