1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Cloudsixteen Gamemodes

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by Macbacon, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Macbacon

Macbacon Cross Gaming Director

So, it's been a really REALLY long time since i have been here.
    I am curious though is the clockwork gamemodes still being worked on? I mean i don't know how long i have waited on Severance but gave up after sometime. Have that been shut down?

Also how is everyone?

2. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

Well, there's still HL2RP, Cider 2, Phase 4 and Atomic.

3. Macbacon

Yea, I got those except Atomic. But still anyone got news about Severance?

4. Aspect

Idk what that is, sorry :p

5. Macbacon

Oh, you haven't been here that long. It's a older zombie gamemode.

6. Aspect

Yeah I searched it up and saw in the wiki. Looks interesting. I've heard of a gamemode with zombie apocalypse but I never heard it's name.

7. Sixx

Sixx *silt strider sounds*

Severance was a miscarriage, expect it to come out when HL3 does. It's a shame, it was my favorite OA schema :(

• Like Like x 2
  8. Macbacon

It was one of the more better gamemodes. Had some real cool times with that gamemode.

9. Blizzard

Blizzard Community Manager Clockwork Customer

I am not even sure if HL2RP is being worked on anymore. Last edit was 12/18. I personally think kurozael should make it open source.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Why?

11. because nobody in management works on it anymore

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Why does that mean it should be open source? People who purchased it received a completed product. They aren't entitled to updates, and the public isn't entitled to the source just because it isn't being worked on much.

• Like Like x 1
  13. maybe stop making people pay $30 for a mod for a mod for a mod for a game from 2004

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

he has a point, clockwork is 4x the price of gmod itself lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Who is making you pay $30? Is there someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it? You know what I do if I think something is unfairly priced? I literally don't buy it. What a crazy idea. If you guys think $30 is expensive for an entire gamemode, gmodstore must be a nightmare for you. If all you guys do is compare things to the price of gmod, you're gonna be in for a reality check, because most addons for gmod are $5.00. gmod itself is severely underpriced, so comparing addons to it in the first place doesn't even make any sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer Active Member

Last time I checked somebody was poking around the severance GitLab . . .

17. nobody's forcing you to buy it, no, but there's a glaring lack of alternatives. n u t script is the only other viable option that i can think of, but it doesn't have the popularity that clockwork has.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  18. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Because it's inferior. It doesn't have nearly the amount of features CW has, and that's not me fanboying for CW, that's me telling it like it is. Ask anyone who knows how to read lua and every single one of them will tell you CW has more features.
    $30 is not a lot of money for an entire gamemode. Maybe it's a lot of money if you don't have a job, but if you don't have a job, you can't complain about how you can't afford things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. considering the fact that you can get garry's mod and half life 2 for under $30, i'd say that hl2rp is a bit overpriced, wouldn't you?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

How about it'll be $25 for as long as people will pay that for it, that is basic economics. Things only have value because other people are willing to pay that amount for them, as soon as sales begin to decline and a pattern emerges as such the price will obviously decline with it. It is very basic business.

The $25 you pay is not the same as buying an "end-user" AAA game from Steam. You're not buying a game, you're buying a license to host a gamemode FOREVER, and you can make donations from that gamemode that can earn your money back in no time.

P.S: OMG HOW CAN YOU CHARGE £1000 FOR PHOTOSHOP WHEN WINDOWS 10 ONLY COSTS £90

• Agree Agree x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)