1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important Community Server Vote

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sixx, Feb 21, 2019.

?

Server

1. HL2RP - Merge

36.8%
  2. HL2RP - No Merge

63.2%
  3. Cider 2 (Or some different kind of Cider 2)

5.3%
  4. Atomic

13.2%
  5. Phase Four

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Both HL2RP and a second server.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Staff Member Manager Legend Crusader Active Member

I'd like to clear the air about this server; we are not definitely doing HL2RP, but I'd like to argue my case, and throw down the gauntlet for you guys to decide on.

My idea was, if we talk to another community, we could possibly merge their playerbase into ours, and vice versa; we would have a server with a pre-existing playerbase that we could add onto and it would be under the C16 banner. I met @FPSPrussia, who has been on C16 since 2015, and I looked at his server, which has a strong community which were friendly enough even before I told them I was the manager here. His server seemed genuinely fun to play on. I asked him about it, we discussed it, and we had a lot of agreements in common - HL2RP shouldn't just lay down and die while there are still people who find it fun to play, us included. Prussia also plans on releasing all of the plugins and assets used in the gamemode for free, so it would be a good way for him to get more exposure for his content. We would get an official server to play on, which will be managed by Prussia but with our community input. Quid pro quo.

C16 has had a surge of activity recently which I would like to continue, and I figured the best way to bring in more activity is to bring in more players, and if we merged with another community we'd be able to do this aptly. But, a lot of people have seemed to be against the idea, so I'm making an official poll, speak your peace here and we can sort something out.

If people are not too against it, I would also like to propose the idea of two servers - before you get the pitchforks out, understand that this isn't like a normal community, where two servers would split the playerbase. This would essentially mean that the HL2RP guys can do their thing under our banner and garner more players for both us and them that way, and if you guys wanted to we could also do our own thing, such as Cider 2 or whatever else you all had in mind.

Vote below, let's get epic roleplaying.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Templar Active Member

vote atomic or piss off

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gregory

Gregory Gregvestory Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

I'd like to go with no merge but HL2RP, enjoy the gamemode, but I want the c16 server to be run by c16 ... makes sense .. not ran by anyone else. Community merges always screw up eventually too. Maybe he could share his content with us if he's willing. However whatever the decision I will be supportive of. Just am very heavily in favour of staying our own thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. what he said, servers that merge die quickly

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. This would be ran by Cloudsixteen in a joint project to make ALL of Half Life 2 Roleplay better. Automate mechanics that make most servers die and for developers that would work towards this, tell them that with their permission we would release their content publicly in a way not to monopolize against servers that wish to compete. We only seek the goal of not letting so many servers die and to make the gamemode more appealing by introducing features that would prolong servers by requiring less staff involvement.

• Box Box x 1
  6. Gregory

Gregory Gregvestory Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

I completely get what you're saying but this here:
    "will be managed by Prussia but with our community input." Says it is not ran by c16. Which is what this server was kinda supposed to be.

I do however highly respect you for not wanting it to die, it's a great gamemode and I haven't played enough for it too die yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. No matter the vote, I support this new Cloudsixteen initiative and I hope even without a Merge @Sixx and I could still work together! I think people fear dictatorship, and don't realize my past with allowing more democratic forms of community. I'm not going to just place my staff above people and will revamp my community in guidelines with Sixx and Cloudsixteen as a whole.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Vortix

Vortix Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

I do like the idea of a HL2RP server, but I am concerned that making one will only serve to create competition in a struggling space, and may damage it. If it was done, I personally wouldn't mind a "merge". I think it'd be the best way to minimise the negative impact of making a server, whilst providing a good base to work from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wooooo boy. This is gonna be interesting

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Songbird

Songbird ❤️ Staff Member Moderator Investor Active Member

What kind of merge are we talking about? I don't get it. Is there a pre-existing server already?

11. i think thre is a server that’s up now and it stays and basically if it merges, c16 almost becomes like a sponsor so more players and shit

12. Songbird

well that's a bad option tbh if that's the case

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. maybe

14. The details are not even in writing. This is to gauge the Community's opinion. The idea seems to be (Not Confirmed yet) that we'd be like a sponsored server. Cloudsixteen would have input and we'd use Cloudsixteen forums as our official forums for the community. All plugins would be publicly released with their author's consent as to not make a monopoly of a server. We intend to make the server not so staff intensive through new development. That way servers don't become so toxic.

15. Sixx

@FPSPrussia I'd like to propose new terms for a merge.
    • C16 makes its own server.
    • We take on your staff and players.
    • We take on your civil protection players.
    • We make it C16 funded.
    • We use your story and lore, but we maybe change the way the MPF work.
    • We use your new map that you have in the works.
    See if this is maybe more agreeable to everybody?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Let's get this vote done first, but these seem agreeable. Of course we should have our new development done before we officially start migrating players. Make them think this was worth it. I appreciate you approaching us

17. Songbird

Using unvetted staff and Civil Protection players? I am sure that they are qualified, it just seems a bit sketchy to just put people we do not know in charge. Like, I feel like Cloud Sixteen community should be in charge of, you know, Cloud Sixteen server like that worked so well in the past before

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Sixx

I'm sure @FPSPrussia understands that I'd have full capacity to remove anyone unfit for the role.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. See the problem with having ONLY Cloudsixteen hosting this new project is that it might just die from infighting before it got off the ground. With this new management there needs to be a stable community to back what is going to be one of the greatest movements of all time in Cloudsixteen's history. We don't wanna screw this up. Many people have their eyes set on Half Life 2 Roleplay's ultimate demise. All we ask here is that rather then trying to keep the old, allow a little change to promote Half Life 2 Roleplay further, make it playable for the average Gmod User, and get it back to it's ultimate heights. Half Life 2 Roleplays too often suffer from internal conflicts

20. Songbird

I guess that makes some sense, and not like my word means anything but I'd be down for it if @Sixx would vet highest positions (Headcop, staff, GM) and recruit some from the community for those roles to make it 50/50 mix I guess.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.