1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

CubeNET - Black Mesa RP [Closed Thread]

Discussion in 'Communities' started by zoephixical, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Launch

We are a few days away from launching our custom clockwork schema "Black Mesa RP", with custom coded plugins. And we are looking for people interested in applying for Head Factions within the server, which is required before we are able to launch.

The Applications Format may be found here:
    https://cubenet.hxane.com/index.php?threads/leadership-application-information.8/#post-8

About Us
    Cubenet is a small community which currently hosts Black Mesa RP. This community finds an high interest in Semi Serious Roleplaying, meaning our servers are mostly extremely serious. Our community in general isn't super serious out of character so don't worry about that :) .

Black Mesa RP
    Black Mesa is currently set in-game on the date 1998, before any mayor incidents or disasters happend. Ofcourse we have events every now and then (Including an AMS event).

We also have an Xen Included:
    [​IMG]

Other Information And Links
    Forums: https://cubenet.hxane.com/index.php
    Discord: https://discord.gg/FGfxgnm

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. Lucas Simms

Lucas Simms Clockwork Customer

This looks very well put together, I used to really enjoy playing on Clockwork Based Black Mesa servers, but all too often they lacked a playerbase, I really hope your server does well. +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

Hm. I might give it a look!
    Btw nice loading screen (No sarcasm).
    I thought I was the only one who was copying neb's loading screen

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. We are launching soon! (Planned dates: Today, alternative date: Tommorow)!
    [​IMG]

5. tone the colors down on the forums

6. Safety first : Literaly authorizes a dangerous experimeant even tho they know that emerigency shutdown is not working and it may even cause an end to this planet

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Countdown: https://cubenet.hxane.com/launch/ Until Server Release! If the web page shows up as (Nan) on The Time. This means that the browser used is unsupported.

• Like Like x 1
  8. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

if this goes well it will 100% become my dedicated server. it's been far too long since a good BMRP was made.

are there any previous qualifications required for faction heads? director of biology piques my interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

It's NaN for me. Firefox is an unsupported browser on your website? That's pretty weird.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  11. vexus

joined for the first time today. pretty fun event with a cascade occuring, however when the events and action really started to pick up, nobody really reacted very well. shit was exploding, orange flashes from cascades ongoing, etc., but nobody really did anything. the whole experience would be pretty lackluster if i wasn't able to passiveRP my way through the event and barely talk to anyone. admins did a good job managing the event, however they too didn't really participate much in it. after the event occurred i sat around for about an hour just doing nothing because there was nothing to do.

server was fairly active, however most of the people i interacted with didn't seem too keen on roleplaying.

just a first impression.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

i didn't play very long.
    my character was called smith something.
    i attended a training for the security cadets which really lacked in any experience whatsoever.
    the trainer's first question towards us was "if we wanted long training and rp or quick session". which is understandable, but what followed was an incomplete training with him calling out the ranks and reception duty. Many spelling errors were made, the training took extremely long for very little information, the chief was there "supervising" but told us in OOC he didn't have time to properly train us because of administrative duties, but he was able to track us all the time IC'ly and OOC'ly. I also asked questions about the things the trainer mentioned but he had no idea himself aswell. I asked him if he was using a pleonasm and he simply responded "yes that's why we do reception duty". I also asked him what a laser hazard was and he had no idea, when he went to ask the chief, he didn't know it either. he mixed up the ranks. he also wanted us to train with pistols, while we are not authorised to use them in daily duties till we get promoted two times.

When I got enough of it I asked for a toilet break, after walking out the chief ran after me to ask me where I was going and he confirmed over radio that I was taking a toilet break. So I simply DC'ed, right before seeing the owner whitelisting himself with every whitelist on the server and creating an "espionage agent" that I assume, he was going to enter the facility with moments after my disconnect. The atmosphere wasn't healthy and it felt very hostile, especially with the chief running after me to check if I actually am going on a toilet break.

Server is riddled with spelling errors, bad roleplay, unecessary props clutter the reception area, salaries are very weak, so the economy is bad. There's no extra scripts such as camera's or computers like in BLT's bmrp. it's incomplete. it's as if, when the server was made, they went along with it, and never went back to check on things again and see if they did the right thing and if it's all proper.

it's a very meagre experience, how I had it. it's average, do try it out if you like bmrp but don't expect the most thrilling, rp-intensive experience.
    they made some changes to clockwork, how it feels and looks like, that was a nice change, so I have to give them that.

• Informative Informative x 5
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  13. I have played it, and I have mixed opinions, the events took to much time to handle. and I think it just needs some fixing and it's done to a great degree, wasn't so thrilling but I believe it just needs some a bit more setting in and it's great going.

14. Thank you for your informative feed back, I will surely look into this and talk with the Security Chief.
    Also we are currently working on a custom PC plugin, and a Security Camera Plugin where you are able to send emails ETC.
    I will also take your suggestion of Increasing Salaries and the time of when salaries are handed out.

Thank you for your feedback as well, I will make sure Passive RP will be more possible in the future, and that events will be more clear. We are trying to keep people active. But mainly as Scientist you can participate in projects which will also bring out the fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2018
  15. Lower stamina drain will you? thanks.

16. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

Thanks a lot for taking the feedback to heart, let me know if you've made any changes and I'll play next time it's busy and update my experience based on that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. vexus

i understand what you are able to do as a scientist, however none of those opportunities ever arose or were presented to me or anyone else for that matter, from what I saw. unfortunately, the problem was that it seemed like the majority of the RP was selectively cut off from some people and given to others. i really barely did anything most of the time, and when I tried to interact with anyone to try and get some of my own RP going, nobody responded. not your fault primarily, but the players on there are pretty subpar.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. I will see what I can do to resolve this problem, I understand what you mean.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)