1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

CubeNET - Black Mesa RP [Closed Thread]

Discussion in 'Communities' started by zoephixical, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

With that I assume there's prop clutter in general (I haven't joined to check for myself yet). Explains the content pack size. That should get looked into imo.

2. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

well, they have each one of lev's BMRP packs, each one varying from 10mb-80mb, and there's ~20 of them. averaged, i'd say lev's BMRP packs alone probably add up to at least 500mb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yep, they are needed though because else people without BM:S mounted will see errors.
    About the prop clutter, I will see what I can do. But most props are default map props, and I'm currently working on a new map from scratch which might need a longer time before I can release it.

4. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

Just the reception actually, I've been through a good portion of the server and the rest is just default map props. For that map it's good, some places are a bit unecessary empty. But when you leave spawn and enter the reception area you are forced inbetween a few fences that force you into the facility one way in and one way out. It's a bit unecessary and strict in my opinion and clutters the map.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. I removed the forcing of the fences now. Just kept a few to Indicate where a line may be formed.

6. Now added cameras accessable from the Security Hub (They are temporary as we are still developing the actual PC'S and Cameras) Thanks again for suggesting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

truly glad to see you are taking our suggestions to heart, not many people do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I am trying to get everyone who plays their needs they want :) If there is anything more you want me to add, Just let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aspect

Is it possible to reduce the content size by just a tiny bit in any way? I don't feel like downloading for 1 hour nor having errors & missing textures everywhere tbh.

10. I can if there was another content pack reduced in size including all models..

11. Aspect

So you are using only certain models in those content packs? Not all?

12. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

The high amount of models in their content pack should be expected for a gamemode and map using custom assets from the game, right?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  13. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

Could always try unpacking the .gma's and making your own addons from them. Cut the content you don't need, combine the stuff you do need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Freelok

Freelok Guest

I can't find the download link so here's a copy of mine.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yvwjxw2mxnvlscp/AACyFWBDDqHcKEJwlWyUZxFya?dl=0
    Making your own content is really, really easy. I linked you to the GMOD Publishing Utility, it's a lifesaver even if it sorta fucking SUCKS ASS. It makes your community look more professional and it makes the idea of joining your server more appealing. You can compress the addons easier and have an overall "smaller" content pack, at least from a visual perspective. If you need help feel free to add me on steam.

15. I already have GMPU, already uploaded some custom conntet before. Just need some time to sort out what we need and what we don't need.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  16. I saw that there were a lot of duplicated files, Over 5000+. I am currently reuploading the content in smaller packs with only the required content. Thanks again for suggesting, I hope this will help.

• Like Like x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)