1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Phase Four Cut-Throat Gaming

Discussion in 'Communities' started by Delman150, Mar 7, 2015.

?

Do you enjoy Phase Four?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The Server
    Our goal at CTG is to provide a smooth and bug free experience for all. With our version of Phase Four we have decided to focus on what really counts, fixing the bugs instead of adding content over them. Phase Four used to be a very popular schema back when it worked properly and large communities would host it. Our goal is to recapture the essence of those communities at their core, which is to provide a stable experience with minimal hiccups. On our server you will find that almost all of the included content is currently working without a flaw, some things that were included in the schema semi-functioning have been fixed as well. Some additions have been made to the schema, including an anti kevlar spamming system that is based off of the combat timer. A more inclusive list of changes and removals will be posted on our group page shortly.

The Community
    We currently have a group with over 100 members, and we are constantly looking for more people who are interested in Garry's Mod to join. Currently most of our admin staff has been inactive so I will be looking for new candidates for operator/administrator. Our group has been around for over three years, and we have hosted multiple Phase Four servers in the past, so we have experience in dealing with this schema. Our rules are currently pretty relaxed, but revolve around keeping players from getting griefed, you can find most rules in spawn on your way out. We will be putting up either a 24 or 32 slot server depending on demand. If you are interested in joining our group, feel free to click the "group page" link above, or use the information below.

The Revival
    After a lengthy break from hosting this schema, I have decided to give it another go! The schema is currently being fixed up and all bugs I am aware of are being worked on currently. If you want to give any feedback on the set up of the schema and server, feel free to check out the Steam Community page and complete the straw polls or leave a comment. If you are interested in playing a Phase Four server that actually functions correctly and isn't being forced into a role-play schema, this community will be for you. Feel free to leave feedback on the group page or this forum if you have any criticism or advice.

The Info
    Official Server Has Now Launched! Feel free to join using the info below!
    Map : rp_c18_v1
    Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Cut-Throat-Gaming
    IP: 74.91.113.211:27015

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. duck

duck Phant0m Legend

Fuck yes, Phase Four.

• Like Like x 2
  3. It needs some love, hopefully people are still interested in it!

4. Zoo

Zoo title

It's the one which is the Cockwork & DarkRP lovechild, right?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its only like DarkRP in the sense that you print money then buy guns and shoot people, besides that not really. Its actually quite fun to get into gun fights in this gamemode, and I've never had the same amount of fun fighting in DarkRP.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The page has been updated with the server info, the server is launching today at 3:00 PM PST.

7. Bumping thread because we plan to re-launch a Phase Four server in a few weeks, some time in Early to mid May.

• Like Like x 1
  8. To anyone who is interested in testing out the Schema and seeing what it's like, a Test server will go online tomorrow at 3:00 PST or 11:00 GMT (PM)

IP: 74.91.113.211:27015
    MAP: rp_industrial17_beta8 (Not Final)​

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  9. I'll be sure to check it out when it's up. Been itching to play some P4. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Admiral Soviet

Admiral Soviet Clockwork Customer

Never played Phase 4 before, sadly. After reading about it in the forums however, I've been keen to try it out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glad to hear you guys are interested! To keep up to date be sure to join the group page as I am very active with it.

12. Was fun being the top dogs of the server for a while. Though we could hardly get past the deagle stage due to the fact that the printer cycle is too long. Sort of reminded me why P4 isn't played all that much anymore, but it's upsetting because it also showed me what you can fix with P4, and the effects it would have on gameplay.

13. What would you change to improve it? I know you guys say the printer cycles are too long, but truly I believe that the population wasn't high enough, as lots of schema is based on player interaction. The main way you gain money in this schema is fighting and winning against other players in combat and raids. Since you guys were in a group of 4, you only had around 8 other players to fight and interact with, including another group of 4. This presents a number of problems that would lead to you guys relying on printers primarily for your income and equipment. I know we had a bit of back and forth where you guys were the head honchos for a bit, then we raided and won a few fights and the shift of power went almost completely to our group. In a server with a more active population, our group wouldn't become the rulers of the server, there would still be other groups to fight with. The printer cycle is definitely something that is still in the works and is a part of what we are currently testing out.

If you guys have any direct suggestions on what I can do to improve the schema and make it more fun for you, please be sure to let me know. I will be tweaking the print rates / timers based on your feedback.

14. Alright, I appreciate the feedback. I agree that there is a need for an alternative source of money, something more fun than staring at an entity for a few minutes until it spawns some cash. I'll be looking into possibilities for different ways to earn money, and maybe some type of leader board system.

15. We have officially launched our Phase Four server, feel free to join and check it out. If you have any suggestions or feedback please leave it here or on our group page, thank you.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  16. I apologize for the lack of moderation, it was the second day of the launch and I didn't foresee such a large population when I was sleeping. I've since hired some staff from different time zones so there shouldn't be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  17. It also doesn't help that there are no means of progression as once you leave spawn safebox you'll be immediately gunned down by some rag-tag group of boys who've been at it since day one. It creates what you said above and that's a problem with almost all P4 servers.

18. I apologize the server isn't set up to your liking, however you do have to realize that there's a large variance in how Phase Four servers can be set up. Not everyone will appreciate the same set-up. As the population shows however, people seem to enjoy it, as before this server launched there was no population for the Phase Four schema. I am open to suggestions and feedback if you have any as far as addressing these things goes. I am hesitant to make everyone start out with full attributes, as I don't think removing features is ideal.

19. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Legend Clockwork Customer

the people that enjoy it probably come straight from darkrp

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The server population has died down for now. I'm not sure that I will continue this project as there is a new community starting a Phase Four server, and it's truly more work than it's worth.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)