1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

CW: Chicago

Discussion in 'Development' started by Dr. Clementine, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Dr. Clementine

Dr. Clementine Active Member

[​IMG]
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[​IMG]
    CW: Chicago is a schema based around Chicago during the 1930s, during the Great Depression. It has been in development for around six months now, so I decided it was about time it got a thread here. It has been worked on by Aqscout and I, with help from users such as the lovely @NightAngel. If you're interested in helping, whether it be with the development itself, community management, mapping, or anything else you can think of, add me here. The RP itself will revolve upon the inhabitants of Chicago itself, whether it be the bootleggers fighting the prohibition, the various gangs roaming the streets, the Chicago police force, or just your average soup-kitchen worker. RP is planned to be much more fast-paced than most serious roleplay, but not without its limits. Everything is pretty malleable at this point, so if you have suggestions, we'd love to hear them.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [​IMG]
    The Chicago Police Department is one area of the RP we can be extremely accurate with, thanks to the wonderful documents such as these. It will play a very active role in RP, but will not be the sole focus of the entire schema. (Also, just a note here: how great is it that police officers used a 357 magnum as a sidearm in the 1930s? That's just convenient, man. Anyway, back to the post itself.) The PD will have its hands full, as weapons are everywhere - it's America. Prison is a very real possibility, as is court and lawyers. (Sidenote, if anyone would like to help out with keeping the law roleplay realistic, I've no legal experience, so I'd really appreciate it. ^-^)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [​IMG]
    Industry is a major focus in Chicago: foundries, soup kitchens, and all manners of industry. Labor is extremely cheap, since thousands are unemployed. This allows for the employers to have complete and total control over their workplace. However, illegal industry is manifested in the form of the bootleggers around the city, making moonshine and happiness. Got an idea for a shop you want to make? Let me know so I can make the items for it.
    [​IMG]
    The map has been a work in progress. It's mostly assembled from scrapped projects of mine, and is remarkably small currently. However, here, have some screenshots I took that highlight what's already made.
    [​IMG]
    Oops. There's only one so far. Sorry :p
    A lot's left uncompiled, probably should do that soon. I'd do it now, but I'm tired and going to bed when I finish this thread. Night night.
    [​IMG]
    If you'd like to contact me personally, here's a link to my steam account.
    There's a closed dev group here.
    There's an open announcement/hype group here.
    (Click 'here'.)
    Let me know what you guys think of the idea, I'd love suggestions. The only thing holding the project back right now is my terrible work ethic, so inspiration is helpful as well. Thanks!
    With that, my Deathwish Coffee is wearing off and I'm going to bed for the time being.​

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  2. Talked to the Dr dude, seems cool.
    I'll get people to join it, I know alot of people who are looking for something that isnt HL2RP.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zoo

Zoo title

Interesting idea. I'm assuming the Mafia will be included, as well as perhaps some bootleggers?

If you need any testers, hmu.

4. Dr. Clementine

[​IMG]

It's been a long time since, y'know, I actually did something Chicago-related.
    At this point, most of the factions are fleshed out, and most other things (other than the map) are either far into the planning stage or worked into the schema itself.

Today, the most basic alcohol system was introduced into the schema; get grapes, crush them, put them in barrels, ferment, ???, profit. The entire process takes around 1-2 hours IRL-time, though the player doesn't need to act for a good portion of it after the crushing stage.

5. Dr. Clementine

[​IMG]
    Update on the map, it's about 40% finished after four months of an off-and-on work, working on it for at least 1 hour daily as of late.

Here, have a screenshot showcase.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thought this project was dead.
    Either way, kewl

7. Dr. Clementine

If you'd like to walk around the map, it's been released in the content addon. It's still only about 50% finished, but it's a small city nonetheless.
    The content addon can be found here. Enjoy!

Sidenote, if lighting looks weird in places - do not be alarmed. Post-processing is used on the server to make things look nice, and to make this work correctly, the base map needed to be altered in places. Let me know what you think!

Also, the thing with the train has been fixed, this is just a sliiightly older map version.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  8. Dr. Clementine

So! We don't want to give pet flags to every jane or joe that joins the server, but we /do/ want people to be able to fortify buildings and such - so I'm making a fortifications system. In it's current, basic state, it enables certain props as items that can be placed, and then used as cover, ect. I might add certain things like 128 hammer unit-high walls, something simple like that to allow easier building customization. One thing that I'm currently working on is a sort of anti-propspam thing - the concern is that people will place these things and trap people inside them. To remedy this, the fortifications will have a sort of half-existent state that they are in when placed, until there is no player entities near them, when they will solidify.
    The fortifications can also be destroyed with explosives, or guns. Explosive damage is multiplied by 5, and fortifications have about 1000-2000 health, depending on the prop. They are placed from the inventory to the ground, so that players that aren't necessarily trusted enough for pet flags can still have fortified buildings.
    I'll admit, Chicago isn't using a set combat system. I think that, in all honesty, shootouts in base combat systems can be fun, without stopping to do /me's. This might be a little unpopular, but the players can choose - if they want to do a roleplayed shootout between each other, they can, but otherwise the default is an entry /me and then combat. I'd like to know what you guys think of this, because I'm honestly a little bit on the fence for it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tbh I think having the shootout thing with no /me's would be a good thing, prevents people stalling whilst the police arrive so stuff like hit and runs can actually be done.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. chuck

chuck king of private sector Crusader Active Member

SOUTH CHIRAQ NIGGA O BLOCK BANG BANG 3 HUNNIT REP SOOOOWOOOO

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Templar Clockwork Customer Active Member

Glad to see this resurfacing a bit more as of lately.

12. Dr. Clementine

Release 'Date': Christmas Break, 2016/2017
    Most of the programming for the schema itself is complete; all that's left is the map, now. If you'd like to help out, I'm getting a bit tired of making buildings - extra points if you're good at making nice-looking roofs.
    Here's a nice little image of the inside of one of the speakeasies - I wish I could make it into a gif, there's this nice little dustcloud thing near the top that makes it look awfully smoky and nice.
    [​IMG]
    And then I also made a nice-looking factory with the lights down dim.
    [​IMG]

• Good Coder Good Coder x 2
  13. 8bitMafia

8bitMafia Active Member

Yeah definitely like the idea of dark rooms, so you can use a flashlight, its more realistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vamure

Vamure ur dad is on grinder Active Member

love it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I'll be honest I wasn't all that interested when you first posted the thread, but these recent screenshots have got me excited. You can expect me to join up when it's out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dr. Clementine

[​IMG]
    WE HAVE AN OFFICIAL DATE! DECEMBER 23RD, 8:00PM EST!
    [FRIENDLY REMINDER: ANNOUNCEMENT GROUP]
    ^This is where most of the things will be announced, such as meetings and the like.

CAN YOU FEEL THE STOCK MARKET CRASHING AND THE PROHIBITION FAILING?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sounds really cool, would love to help out with the development if I could.

18. I want to die
    it opens at 1:00 in the morning for me GMT.
    fuck

19. Dr. Clementine

• Like Like x 4

Previous Readers (Total: 0)