1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other CW Doc - An interim website to access Clockwork documentation (RELEASED)

Discussion in 'Development' started by RJ, May 16, 2018.

1. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

CW Doc
    http://cwdoc.jonathandroogh.com/

_______________​
    There's not too much to say about this project. It'll serve as a place that any user can access to see various documentation for Clockwork. Right now I've got the Hooks section finished up, I've still got to finish up the Libraries section (the JSON is formatted differently from hooks so my HTML generator I made for hooks doesn't work for libraries). Here's some pictures of how it looks (I'm using a basic Bootstrap theme, I didn't want to focus on the style when the contents of the website will be the main purpose):

Home Page
    [​IMG]
    https://i.imgur.com/zhcJZSk.png

Hooks Page
    [​IMG]
    https://i.gyazo.com/409e4b44aeb4b8fc7a2b3a09533a0056.png

Clientside Hooks
    [​IMG]
    https://i.gyazo.com/8331a00fe8b36c3bdc2fa25c45b0bf8b.png

Serverside Hooks
    [​IMG]
    https://i.gyazo.com/803d0855ac56282cfcc7c8d0a25c02ce.png

Shared Hooks
    [​IMG]
    https://i.gyazo.com/81e3484c69de7bf9745e256899ca2585.png

There's nothing to show for the Libraries section because nothing has been added to it yet. I still have to finish the HTML generator for Libraries. Also I'm not entirely sure if there's only one shared hook for Clockwork, so if someone could confirm whether there is or not then that would be much appreciated. If there's more than one shared hook then my HTML generator may be bugged.

So yeah, there it is. Release should be sometime this week. Feedback is welcome as usual.

edit: Are the images not displaying for anyone else? I'm getting a picture icon with an X by it, but things look the right way while I'm editing the thread. I provided links to the images just in case.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. matlock

matlock Active Member

Maybe try uploading the images to Imgur. That might help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Sounds great. I don't see the pictures tho, I have to click the link..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RJ

Maybe, but Gyazo always worked before. Gyazo is the same service I used to upload pictures for Clockwork Constrcutors and that seemed to work fine. I'll try out your suggestion if all else fails.

Yeah, I'll try re-uploading them to Gyazo to see if that fixes it. Worst case scenario I'll just use Imgur like how matlock suggested.

edit: Looks like Imgur doesn't work either. I replaced the first picture with an Imgur mirror and it's the same result on my end. :(

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  5. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Active Member

nice work RJ :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

Nice!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

As always, outstanding dedication @RJ, thank you for building something that uses the JSON generated by Codebase.

Edit: On another note I think I've "fixed" images although it's a hacky solution and I don't know why they broke in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  8. RJ

My pleasure! Also looks like images are working now on my end, thanks for fixing it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

Cool! Beats the many hours of slave labor that was the attempt of making the wiki. I can see you as the grandfather maintainer of this framework in kurozael's absence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RJ

A quick mock up of how libraries will look:
    [​IMG]
    https://i.gyazo.com/0269c61adcfffa1714080f62025193cf.png

Pretty similar to how hooks look, there'll just be one extra level of collapsible accordions per library. I've gotten the parser for libraries to work properly, it's just a matter of generating the HTML now. If all goes well the website should be releasing today.

11. RJ

12. cash wednesday

• Like Like x 1
  13. RJ

The next thing I plan on adding is a search feature, and I've also got to sort all the libraries/functions alphabetically.

14. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

i was just gonna ask about that
    WHERES THE SEARCH BAR.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Resist

Resist Fucking shithead Clockwork Customer Active Member

Look's good RJ.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RJ

New update: Everything has been alphabeticalized!

It was pretty easy and only a matter of adding these two lines:
    Code:
    ksort($decodedJsonFile['hooks']);
    ksort($decodedJsonFile['functions']);
    And this one line inside of the loop iterating over functions:
    Code:
    foreach ($decodedJsonFile['functions'] as $libraryName => $libraryData) {
            ksort($libraryData);

17. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Stickied.

• Like Like x 2
  18. cash wednesday

If they haven't already been, is there any chance for documentation on meta functions?

• Like Like x 1
  19. mallic

mallic Clockwork Customer Active Member

RJ, any chance of you adding pages listing the default item properties for different things, what they are used for, and examples of use? I think that would be the most beneficial for general setup for new people that use the framework. Would cut down on questions here if people like me didn't ask how to make items properly lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RJ

That's a good suggestion, I'll look in to it! But the issue I see now is that there's no properly formatted documentation on the meta functions from what I can see on the GitHub repo for Clockwork.

Another good suggestion! I'll see what I can do. It might not be possible right now because I don't think the CLASS_TABLE variables (e.g. item data) have been documented that much.

---

edit: Those things said; I or someone else will have to add in some more documentation and then re-generate the JSON table containing the documentation before I can start adding it to the website.