1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Dying Light

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by EJ Rockwell, Sep 7, 2017.

1. EJ Rockwell

EJ Rockwell Clockwork Customer

This is exactly what dead island should have been, and better. Its a mix of Dead island, Far cry, Assassins creed, Mirrors edge, and much more. And more importantly, It performed as advertised. I would give this a 9/10. What would your review/score be?​
  2. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

cool game
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. robot

robot Moderator Staff Member Moderator Store Support Clockwork Customer

I would give it a 7/10 without "The Following" and a 9/10 with that. One of the games I enjoyed most.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. EJ Rockwell

EJ Rockwell Clockwork Customer

I am currently trying to go for 100% completion.
  5. Havent played it, is it worth a buy? If so can you write a detailed Review or link me one. Thanks.
  6. Rhenz

Rhenz What Comes Next? Honorable Active Member

The overall story and setting is fantastic. The characters are pretty dynamic, Crane isn't just a standard hero, and he develops more and more as you play. The difficulty settings are wonky, though. If you play on hard+ standard zombies take forever and a day to kill with basic weapons. Perhaps that was the intent, but it gets very tiring to have to waste an entire weapon's durability on a single common infected. This does get fixed later in the game as you get more weapons that do an insane an amount of damage, but the build up to that point, assuming you're doing all of the side quests, can be gruesome. Speaking of which, the writing is sloppy for some of the side quests, and I often found myself being angry that they were even added to the game. For instance, a particular one that stands out to me is the "Gasmask Man" quest where they make you fetch a bag that has nothing in it to explain why he wears the gasmask, and then sends you off to the nearby settlement to talk to two more individuals and the quest ends. There are a few that are like this, but others are much better and make the game a whole lot of fun. For example, the quest that involves you obtaining a firearm for a character is fun, albeit a bit challenging to someone who doesn't know where to find one, and gives a pretty nice reward at the end.
    There are a few characters that make me scratch my head and wonder why they were even added into the game to begin with. In the early levels you'll run into a character that is mentally retarded, and they intentionally make you run around fetching items until you realize the true intent, which must be a way to make you sympathize with the character, but it left me rather angry my first playthrough.
    Other than those points, I think the game is great. Combat is fun, parkour is fun, and the co-op is a blast. At this point in time I would say to get it while on sale unless you have a large sum of money to spend freely, because the game really is great. If you have friends that also have the game, you might find it a bit more enjoyable than playing alone.

And beware the night. The night is scary.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Seem's cool. Might just have to pick myself up a copy.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Oliver

Oliver Well shit Clockwork Customer Active Member

From someone who's got the game and DLC, it's not bad. Better have a good PC.

Story felt meh at times, and some missions are insanely hard to work through while the next one is easy as shit, making for a rollercoaster-like feel in difficulty.
    • Funny Funny x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)