1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Dystopian Cloud Cyberpunk 2020 Serious Roleplay

Discussion in 'Communities' started by Savvyge Investments, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Savvyge Investments

Savvyge Investments Clockwork Customer

Ѣ ƻʘƻʘ ȒʘŁEƤˠ
    [​IMG]
    ⚠⚠⚠Please Play This Video Before Reading The Rest Of This Thread⚠⚠⚠

Community Recapitulation: <::SYNTAX AILIB LEAK::> re·ca·pit·u·la·tion /ˌrēkəˌpiCHəˈlāSH(ə)n/ <<::BARGE::>>
    Name:
    Dystopian Cloud Cyberpunk 2020 Roleplay
    Type: Non-profit. There are no donations.
    Funding: Domestically provided by the Senior Executive Administrator. (no financial donations permitted)
    Player-base size: 20-48 players (during active hours)(Our Steamgroup has 60+ idling members)

Gamemode: CW: HL2RP (Modified to resemble a Cyberpunk theme with the Rename Schema Addon to CW: Cyberpunk RP)
    Based: North America
    Server IP: 103.214.108.7
    https://dystopiancloudcyberpunk2020roleplay.mistforums.com/thread/server-rules-455259
    No Harassment, Spam or Unrelated Content
    No personal information or witch-hunting
    Don't attempt to bypass the filter/blacklist.
    No Brigading
    No misinformation.
    Advertisement
    Racist or Derogatory Term
    Not marked NSFW
    Blacklisted Content
    General Server Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (You cannot play an actual game as conveyed in the above photo. This is an artistic photo. A media player and Drone Controller were used.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Features:
    -> An attempt at a Cyberpunk ambient culture with what we have:

We use the map rp_caldern_tr_rc. While this map tends to be small and cramped, with the right people and the right mindset, this map can do it's job. We've done our best to dress it up. This is a classic roleplay server, so we believe in some traditional values.
    [​IMG]
    ->30+ Cyberpunk Themed Models To Choose From:
    [​IMG]

->Classic Roleplay:
    Roleplaying on this server is not complicated, and odes back to the good ol' days of roleplaying. Chasing that feeling of immersion, getting lost in the world, the city, the theme, and the characters. Everyday is new and offers potential for a satisfying day of character exploration.
    When we say Classic Roleplay, we think about it before everyone knew 'The Meta' per se. Now-a-days people know the ins and outs of a HL2RP Based Schema and it shows. Whether it be cookie cutter characters, the thoughtless one, pointless one, and sometimes selfishly menacing ones, or the rare golden 'I just want to Roleplay on a fair playing field" one. We're aware of diverse eco-system of players in the GMOD Roleplay Community.

As far as action content, their really isn't alot. Don't expect this to be fast paced. Expect to get bored easy UNLESS, you make it interesting yourself. The most we can do is offer a portal to another world to explore, while we use Garry's Mod as a tool to roleplay. Take advantage of Garry's Mod or else we're better off roleplaying on a forumboard. GMOD has limits but has its golden moments too. God forbid the weapons aren't in your hand, but they are in your inventory, in a world you can traverse, with believable graphics. Gmod is a TOOL for roleplay not a Roleplay Game Engine or Mod. Lua and Clockwork does it's best inside of it to provide a good system to expand past Forum Roleplaying or Image-Based Roleplaying. Use this 3-D world with the semi-customize-able variable. We are adding content semi-regularly and revising certain things such as gunplay, content and content delivery systems.

We encourage genuine, well thought out, story arch and goal orientated character creation and in general, players.
    We do not encourage someone who plans on attempting to get guns/scripts to try and ruin other Story Arch or accomplishing goals.
    We encourage people to Play2Lose accordingly with the rule-set and realistically with the world and attempt to lose the human concept of Will To Power.

Control the natural, instinctual, and inherent desire for achievement, ambition, and the striving to reach the highest possible position in life, and you will enjoy roleplaying alot more. Basically just trump that feeling of 'I need to win this battle." and say to yourself "Okay he hit me, why not decide it a good hit, and count myself out? See where it takes me." *players are baffled by your new-found ability to play2lose and decide that you are worthy of their companionship and join the ranks of your enemy.*

Roleplay is what you make it, it isn't about scripts, it's about the experience you make.

We hope to attract like-minded people and will do our best to contain them safely while cordoning any malignant players.

All of these listed below help to provide some Tangible roleplay aspects to the server. They are by all means not selling points but note-worthy.
    ->Aesthetic Props and Apartment Variety, Some Pre-furnished, some DIY.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

->Cell Phones!
    We make it easy to communicate with your friends or foes over cellular lines. Purchase one today and see what kind of mischief or business you can accomplish.
    [​IMG]

->Passive-Income for being on the server.
    On your character of choice, if you idle on the server, you generate about 1 eurobuck per minute. Per the gear on the server this can add up quickly and within 7 days of playing on the server you can clear easy over 5000 eurobucks towards your favorite augment!
    ->Vending Machine Variety
    Each offering a take on something unique. These add alot of tangible items into the game, to prevent too much forumboarding or asspulling for occasion. Your characters have posessions. Take care of them. (More Items Being Added.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ->Lore follows the original Cyberpunk, mainly known by its second edition title Cyberpunk 2020, is a cyberpunkrole-playing game written by Mike Pondsmith and published by R. Talsorian Games in 1988. It is up to you to familiarize yourself with (Some Slang Words, Phrases and Meanings at the link below.)

http://www.wyldeside.com/rpgs/cp2020/info-slang.html

-> 5ym5 Combat System
    (GUIDE LINKED BELOW)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086840246
    (SPOILER SHOWS QUICK-GUIDE)
    (SIDENOTE: The attacks like firearms and melee will always show a location of the bullet impact and a number.
    If the other person dodges, you can still 'shoot' your gun OOC'ly if you'd like, just not at them. (To add to the RP and immersion).This also goes for if you DO land the shot: this is for the RP effect.
    Allow your partner to RP, don't kill them mid-/me.)
    [​IMG]
    (How Armor Works - See Below)
    In the case of an opponent wearing any form of armor, I shall explain what it takes to penetrate each type of armor.

Light Armor (and all the other armors) do not have to be hit in the same place for it to penetrate, after one (or however many) attacks it breaks due to the amount of damage caused. Same goes for the other armor types I am about to list. (For example, if a light vest gets shot in two different places, it would still collapse and break, regardless if it was hit in the same exact location.)

Any type of medium/subdermal armor - It can take up to two hits from a gun or melee weapon.

Any type of heavy/extreme protection-level armor- It can take up to three hits.
    Light armor only protects against 9mm, , anything better will penetrate instantly regardless of how many times it's been hit.

Medium armor/subdermal armor only protects against 9mm, 10mm, 5.56m, anything better will penetrate instantly regardless of how many times it's been hit.

Large/Heavy Tier armor protects against everything, (Excluding .50 AE, which it can only withstand up to 1 hit from.)

.50 AE/.Cal will instantly penetrate through light and medium armor.

WEAPON STATS DO MATTER!: When viewing the description of certain weapons like the Monokatana (that is strong enough to negate all types of armor, as listed in it's description) does matter in combat. Certain weapons can penetrate certain armors, judging by the description. (For example, the Katana or Longsword can break/penetrate through Light Armor!)

That's about it! (Will update when we receive an updated combat system.)
    ->Rage Cage! (See below Spoiler)
    A Take on an S2K Event that is good for Media, Bets, Training, Boredom, Excitement, Fun, Nausea.
    Rage cage is an 1v1 Bracket Elimination Game hosted by some insiders. They pit people against eachother with various forms of weapons and trickery. Place bets and even claim titles as the best fighter in the Rage Cage! This can help drive roleplay and story arches. It enables passive roleplay opportunities as well as S2K. Leave the S2RollPlay outside of the cage and have some fun.
    -Protip, Media can capture fights on camera or take stillshots, and submit them in for Eurobucks on the forums. A sort of Sell-Your-Footage deal if you have the in-game item Mark-v Media Camera. All footage must have appropriate watermarks provided by the SWEP Camera Weapon you will recieve as a Media Class.
    [​IMG]

Factions:
    ->Neo-Tokyo Tactical Police:

Perform tasks according to the standard of Society and do you part in the role.
    -> Inhabitants:
    The default starter Faction. Everyone begins or creates their character with the notion that it and it's arch and goals are in its infant stage of development. This is where your story begins.
    -> Plenty Of Sub-Roles: Your character may be able to delve into. (Read about them at the Link Below.)
    https://dystopiancloudcyberpunk2020roleplay.mistforums.com/category/character-roles-539215

Links:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/cyberpunk2020
    https://dystopiancloudcyberpunk2020roleplay.mistforums.com/
    (Yes we use the dreaded mistforums. However it looks fine and does its job.)
    https://www.instagram.com/cyberpunk2020roleplay/

(Content Pack Preview)
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1474586436

Disclaimer: Server has Low Administration. (Server Needs Administration. Server Needs police(empty roster) . Low Current Playerbase. Small Map. Slow-Progression based on your own presence during crucial peak RP hours. NO ERP Allowed. Custom Maps Being Designed. Server is Not Perfect. Occasional bugs. Prone-To-Player Crash Attempts. Not Everything Listed is Final, Expected, or Set-In Stone or all we have to offer. The server evolves randomly with the playerbase. We have tried to put more efforts into it lately. Server has been up before. Iteration 1.05. Please join with good intent. Do not join with bad intent, bad roleplay, needy roleplay.)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  2. Aspect

Aspect Damn, okay. Veteran Active Member

no
    also

ok

Edit: But nah to give an actual reply, this looks pretty decent. I'd join if the content pack wasn't 70+ addons.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  3. Michael Sandwich

Michael Sandwich Get your free TVs! Active Member

welcome to the own zone

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Savvyge Investments

Savvyge Investments Clockwork Customer

I will be replying here.

The addon pack is quite large. I have reduced it to the core needs, am unaware if I could repack. I even need to add more..yikes I know. *necks*
    Also the playerbase section, I got caught up thinking about it and meant as it functions its best at 20+ and maxes at 48. I'd edit it but I'll just acknowledge it here instead. I wouldn't say some of the previous iterations didn't survive, but due to some poor choices on my end and some uncontrollables coming up, it has fluctuated. This isn't a server launch thread, but it just went live after some maintenance periods. However it's the first public presentation of it i've done anywhere in terms of shilling myself. This is also my first server(all funded by me).

============================================================================================================================================================================

Cheers lad. I may or may not be afk if you join, tuseday is a weird day for me but I will be available on the server in roughly 4 hours.

It is hosted from LA. However I am sure my company is in canada and either has hardware in LA or beams the network from canada-LA-players. Not a bad company not a bad price not a bad service. (DM for host provider details)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  5. Gregory

Gregory Money Mayweather Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

"Senior Executive Administrator" That role name made me laugh.

Looks alright, something I haven't played before so will come check it out, is it US based?

The contradiction of player count made me laugh.

Eh big content pack.

Will come on today / tonight and give it ago and report back on this thread of what I see / Experience.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. SwagstylerS

SwagstylerS Clockwork Customer

I have played on this Server a while ago and loved it.
    It has much to offer and is packed with moments that stop you from being bored.
    Due to me living in europe i can't tell what it looks like on peak player Count but it's probably better then what I have experienced yet.
    (also love the yellow text ;))

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

every time you make a post i get a brain aneurysm, the server looks good though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hmph, viewing closely at the details you're at least following some of the main details from the CRB. Though somethings here and there seem more streamlined. Will there be instances of using the expansion books instead of just running CRB?

Previous Readers (Total: 0)