1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Sports everything fighting goes

Discussion in 'Other Interests' started by Generisk Løytnant, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Generisk Løytnant

Generisk Løytnant Moderator Staff Member Moderator

so recently, i got one fuckin' amazing deal and started taking jiu jitsu, kobudo, muay thai, etc, but as i said, it's recent -- i still have a long way to go.

the most i know are some really basic arm bars, triangle chokes, and guillotine chokes -- stuff like that in terms of jiu jitsu.
    it's all really just bare bones stuff but i catch on pretty quickly, and luckily most of it is no-gi so it's easier to apply to rl situations

does anyone here do any sort of martial arts, or any sort of disciplined fighting or some such?
    if so, what is it and how advanced are you?

also post fights and your experiences with them if you've ever gotten into them, or just wonky / odd sparring mishaps or drills
    everything fighting goes, save for firearms and shit, that'll prolly be another thread
    knives and shit like HEMA is cool in here (and if you do hema i'm rly jelly bc i don't have a place around here that teaches it)

2. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

i got hit with brass knuckles

3. Generisk Løytnant

what for, if you don't mind me digging

4. Daohlocks

Daohlocks The Bible is my favorite sci-fi novel. Active Member

i hit a guy in the head repeatedly with a plastic tupperware.

it was fun. wish there was a fighting style based around it.

5. Generisk Løytnant

there's no way this was a legit fight
    care to share the detes

6. Daohlocks

Daohlocks The Bible is my favorite sci-fi novel. Active Member

me and a friend were talking during our break. a wanker approaches with two of his friends and starts to disturb us. we try to dismiss him and move away, but he refuses and instead proceeds to taunt us. i ignore him and continue to talk to my friend, thus irritating the wanker. he tries to push me, but since it was our break, i had my trusty blue-lidded tupperware on hand. out of pure fucking annoyance i hit him in the gut with the tupperware. fast forward a couple seconds of "fighting", i'm on his back, arm wrapped around his neck while i try to break my tupperware on his head.
    i got a couple of small cuts, since the fucker literally tried to claw his way out, while he got himself a nasty headache and a couple of bruises.

not exactly a fight, but it illustrates my point that tupperwares should be classified as weapons of mass destruction.

7. TimTimTommy

TimTimTommy birds are my fetish

t. brazil

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  8. I do 11th-13th century medieval reenactment and we're taught how to fight with metal swords for shows and stuff - we do full swings which can actually hurt if you're not doing it correctly. ive been hit in the face with a sword before by accident, it wasn't a nice experience.

9. Generisk Løytnant

that is beautiful
    i haven't been to jiu jitsu in the last few days so i haven't learned anything new
    going tonight so i'll probably be able to post something
    also holy fuck the lot that i do the class with are great people they're not "insert my city here" people, or they don't act like it

• Like Like x 1
  10. I used to take Karate classes (pretty sure it was a scam, typical belt mill) and it was run by this super old Japanese guy who was shorter than I was but made of concrete apparently. He had a butterfly knife collection and kept swiping towards my neck with his knives to intimidate me while I did my routines. Very weird experience

11. Generisk Løytnant

i took karate for like a day
    i quit because it was way too like -- it wasn't engaging whatsoever. there was nothing in it. i just threw punches constantly. but then again, i was really young, and they were probably trying to teach us how to throw a proper punch
    idk, i can't bring myself to bother with karate. i've already brought myself into the mindset of "jiu jitsu/judo best martial arts!11!!" in terms of real life application.

(i have seen krav maga but i don't have any trainers where i live, nor am i particularly interested in it)

@Tommy what did you learn in basic -- does the usaf teach any sort of hand to hand, and is it extensive at all?

12. TheFancyAlchemist

TheFancyAlchemist World famous hl2rp connoisseur Active Member

I once punched a guy

Previous Readers (Total: 0)