1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Fallout: New Vegas Roleplay | Demeternetworks.me

Discussion in 'Communities' started by CPT. Maxii, Jul 7, 2018.

1. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

[​IMG]

Who are we? What type of community do we want to foster?
    Demeter Networks is a Clockwork roleplaying community founded as a successor to Valeika Gaming. Our philosophy is simple: originality and transparency is key. Our community is founded on mutual trust between management and players, we believe that administrators have a responsibility to facilitate roleplay in unique scenarios. Administrators on our server serve two roles, and the latter has to fade out over time. The first role being there to facilitate all the roleplay from an administrative point of view. This is administering bans, kicks, PKs, resolving issues and conflicts. The latter is faction management and administration, which is a role taken up by a lot of staff members. Over time as our server grows, the goal is to let faction management be taken over by responsible and hard working players who deserve that.

Roleplay Opportunities
    The day is coming in the Mojave. From across the Colorado river to the east, Caesar’s Legion awaits, awaiting the day to kick the NCR out of New Vegas and claim her for their own. To the west of the river, the NCR gathers its strength, attempting to keep its tenuous hold over the land west of the Colorado. But, from a shining beacon, a town of bright lights and splendor, Mr. House patiently bides his time in New Vegas, his brutal army of robots known as Securitrons enforcing his technocratic brand of order on the city of sin. This is the environment you, a pawn in a grand game of chess eke out a living in. We decided on the setting of Fallout, more specifially New Vegas as we believe it offers a suitable environment to craft interesting scenarios. Fallouts' design ethos of player freedom is also shared by us.

Lore
    It's 2275, two years before the First Battle of Hoover Dam and four years after the Ranger Unification Treaty. The NCR has just established itself throughout the region and is experiencing difficulty settling down. The Legion has his first skirmishes with the Vegas factions and probes it's defenses and weaknesses for exploitation.

As described before, we follow the Fallouts' design ethos of player freedom. The above timeframe for the server allows us to give the best to the players. Everything is recognisable as you know it in Fallout: New Vegas, but the landscape is still very rough and in the making. Players can shape and change the server to free will. The battle of Hoover Dam may happen sooner because of circumstances, or the NCR is booted out by a massive conglomeration of raider parties. This is what drives us as a server, the ability for the player to shape the wasteland.

Server Features
    The server offers plenthora of features, but for sake of simplicity and to keep a little bit of surprise I'll be listing just a few below:
    - Slotmachines
    - Plenthora of melee and ranged weapons
    - Power armour
    - Realistic hunger and thirst
    - Intense faction mechanics

I'm not listing them in the above list to avoid making a promise I can't keep. I've been struggling a lot as of late with an itemspawner, crafting and radiation plugin but they break everytime I get nearly close to finishing it. Those three features will be implented at a later date if not at release. The reason I am releasing without these features is because the server has been in development for quite a while and I don't want to upset my playerbase any further by extending release date after release date.

Factions
    Particular attention has been paid to the numerous factions that claim the wasteland. Each faction has a specific set of rules, principles and philosophical viewpoints that have been crafted to ensure an immersive, tight roleplay experience complimented by varied events and scenarios.

[​IMG]
    NEW CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC
    The New California Republic styles itself after the democracies of old. Compared to the rest of the wasteland, the NCR is a relative heaven. Citizens live lives that have some semblance of normalcy, trade is encouraged and a large army secures her borders and expands into new territories, bringing representation and hope to many wastelanders. However, the NCR is flawed in many ways, one of them being the weak and overbearing bureacracy that the NCR has crafted. This leads to nepotism, indecisiveness and inefficiency.

Born from a town called Shady Sands in southern California, the NCR has many links to the legendary figure known as the Vault Dweller, who is said to have saved the most popular president of the Republic, Tandi, from brutish raiders known as the Great Khans. Recently, however, it has come to blows with an anachronistic Empire from across the metaphorical Rubicon.

Relavance to the Server
    The NCR features prominently in the server, it being one of the two main factions gunning over Hoover Dam. The NCR has two functions: being a military and police force and protecting its citizens. Players can join the NCR's military, serving a term and making money as they do. The NCR offers a directive that is less strict than the Legion. Players can enlist, retire and re-enlist at will. The NCR is essentially a lighter Legion, being an excellent place to start out for a character. As example, the NCR offers a starting player a solid salary and some other features for him or her to start out with and get properly introduced to the server. Here you can see our salary administration system: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TA1O744OjWeslITiyDIxhk3oOBuZo6giBMgaxwL-PVo/edit#gid=0 it might look a bit daunting at first. But it works, and is administrated by the admins. You get a salary and vacation days based on work and by staying longer you can get payed more.

Example of what I'm talking about
    Frank is new to the server. He just made his character two minutes ago, and needs a little bit of direction before he dives in. He enlists in the NCR Army, seeing it as a way to get some action and earn money for it at the same time. He serves a term, earning 500 caps for his time in the army. With his newfound experience with firearms, he becomes a gun for hire, but gambles his new found wealth away. Disillusioned, Frank's character joins the Legion and is indoctrinated, becoming a diehard Legionary. The NCR serves as an initial outlet for new players to the server.

[​IMG]

CAESAR'S LEGION
    History of the Legion

The Legion is a totalitarian state based out of Flagstaff, Arizona that takes direct inspiration from Ancient Rome. Founded and led by the charismatic Edward Sallow, ala Caesar, the Legion has led a swift and brutal conquest of the lands east of the Colorado. Caesar takes direct inspiration from, well, Caesar and Hegel. Sallow discovered ancient history when he went on an expedition with the Followers of the Apocalypse to study the local tribes with Joshua Graham, a devout Mormon from New Caanan. Sallow was disgusted by the local tribe, the Blackfoots and decided to train them in warfare. With their new found skills, the Blackfoots mercilessly conquered the surrounding tribes. Caesar reorganised the tribes, pressing them under the crimson and gold banner of the Legion, marching westwards.

Relavance to the Server
    The Legion acts as a counter to the NCR, and provides an outlet for players looking for a more committed and more strict RP experience. While the NCR is intended as a good outlet for new players to get familiar to the server and recieve a bit of direction, the Legion is a concrete, heavily maintained faction. Disciplined and heavy, the Legion is the NCR but heavier.

LINKS
    Curious about the server? Want to ask questions?
    Our Discord: https://discord.gg/UGY22g
    Our forums: http://forum.demeternetworks.me
    Our content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1405230702

RELEASE
    We release at 20:30 Paris time, this night.
    IP = 185.38.149.161:27035

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Viz

Viz Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

Glad to see you've finally got the schema in a good state. I'll try to hop on if I can.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. CPT. Maxii

Thanks for playing today @Viz was fun to have you around.

4. oh [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gregory

Gregory HAS VOTING POWER Investor Clockwork Customer

I'll be sure to check it out.

Also fucking lmao at the post above.

6. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

don't use xenforo if you're not even going to make an attempt to make it subtle that it's cracked

just use mybb or phpbb

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

Nice to check this out today. Not often you see a decent NV server. Keep up the nice work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. CPT. Maxii

Lmao what, let me get that resolved. I don’t like these things to happen, people abuse character sheets/character documents way too easily....

Shit I’m busted

Never tried to hide it. It’s too expensive and mybb/phpbb are too bland and require LOTS of work to be good. I might buy Xenforo in the coming days if the crack is too much for people to handle.

9. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

plenty of addons for mybb :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gregory

Getting an issue, saying the server is using a newer version of Gmod than me, but no steam updates coming through 0_o

11. CPT. Maxii

That is strange. Last night my server status on CPanel was "unknown", I informed the server host of this. He told me he "sorted" the issue. This happened before and the server didn't "update" because of it. Can you add me on steam? I'll try a few random things and see if it works for you.
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/11236101123/

12. Gregory

Added you mate, will show up as Archer, I had to update my own Gmod server last night.. but so far no updates on my client end or for anyone else I know..

13. CPT. Maxii

These issues have been resolved as of now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

mybb is exponentially simpler than xenforo, you can make it look nice within like 30 minutes

15. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

[​IMG]

my spider senses are tingling...
    someone's reposted lazarus' content again!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. who cares

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

who unbanned you, blockhead

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

i was unblocked last year you swine

19. Freelok

Freelok Active Member