1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Fallout: New Vegas Roleplay | Demeternetworks.me

Discussion in 'Communities' started by CPT. Maxii, Jul 7, 2018.

1. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

I was given permission. I also use Lazarus’ map with permission. I also removed content from their addons I did not need and added stuff I wanted included. Thanks for contributing though @Sixx :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

yeah literally everyone has permission since jguitar doesn’t care about gmod lmao doesn’t mean you’re not still being completely unoriginal

3. CPT. Maxii

Okay :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

there's no other good fallout content unless he reaches deep into his ass, and he'll still find nothing

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

still, a little more effort other than "demeter networks falloutrp nr1" through 11 with the same picture and no description would have been nice.
    also, you will NEVER fill the lazarus map with a consistent playerbase, especially not on CW: Atomic (unless you're also using the lazarus game mode which wouldn't surprise me in the least). go for something smaller. like my map for instance :^)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  6. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

You got a competitor b

7. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

haha yes, i say retarded things then advertise my map

very epic gamer :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. CPT. Maxii

Lmao are you for real Sixx. You just lost all your credibility. And you lost most of it with your Cider 2 server, which should have run on a smaller map aswell, like this map for instance: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=131302441

The lazarus content is good. I still removed a large portion of it like sweps, npcs, scripts, weapon models and such, since I did not need them. Then I added other stuff, like vault models, map content, crafting models and such. I also don’t see how a few pictures and descriptions would have made a difference, almost no server content addons have that. The addons exist purely for the content pack.

And no I don’t use the lazarus gamemode, hopefully I did not burst your bubble there lol.

If you have actual in-depth criticism of what is wrong with my community and/or server instead of ‘use my map XDD’ or ‘lmao lazarus content why would u use that on ur falloutrp rofl’ I would gladly hear it and do something with it if it serves an overall better cause.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

cider 2 ran on rp_mecklenburg which is one of the smallest rp maps out there and we had a consistent 40-50 playerbase
    and THEN it ran on rp_rockford, a huge map, and it crumbled because players were always so spread out and there was no interaction.
    heed my advice, don't use the lazarus map, it's too big, huge file size and it runs like shit.
    it's about quality and how much effort you're willing to put in to make things look presentable, people want to know what it is they're downloading, even if you just add "Models included in this pack: NCR, Legion, Crafting Models" then if something breaks (because let's be honest it's garry's mod, something will break) people will know (and by that extension YOU'LL know) what the problem is and which addon has it. it's really fucking lazy if you're not willing to put effort in, just look at your OP, it's a header with a huge wall of text that inspires nothing and just looks really bland.
    okay great you're using a game mode that's no longer supported and as far as i can see you have no developer that does anything beyond fixing plugins, again, you're not showing us anything that sets you apart other than a payroll system.
    i don't see any difference in any of the factions to vanilla NV, you're telling us what the factions are but not anything new, it would have been cool if maybe you'd tell us who won hoover dam, maybe the legion are splintered and only act as skirmish forces, maybe the NCR has marshal law, something other than "the ncr are military pew pew and the legion are stabby roman slavers".
    unless you've actually launched today i've only ever seen 2/40 people on the server, which leads me to believe you've launched a community with no pre-existing playerbase or people that wanted to play.
    in fact, your forums show the same thing. you should always delay the release of a server if it means you have more time to advertise and get more people to join, that's how you have a strong start.

as a final note,
    oh no, a guy with 226 posts on an irrelevant roleplaying forum that's nowhere near as popular as it used to be is telling me i've lost my credibility, i am such a loser i should go back to counter strike
    behave yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CPT. Maxii

You really are predictable, lol.
    Anyways you make a few valid points and I'll work on them.

11. Doris

Doris Active Member

muh post count
    muh i've wasted more time on said irrelevant roleplaying forum than you but it used to be popular so it's okay
    good points but that really wasn't necessary, even if he did call you a loser

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

cough cough who asked you cough cough
    EDIT: fnv needs a saviour RP server like Lazarus or atlas 5 but you’re gonna need to put in a lot more work if you want this to take off, take my advice, postpone your server, don’t be scared to make drastic changes and get people signed up to a discord or your forums. if you can get at least 20 people to come to your future launch on a smaller map you can make it work and maybe have a successful server. i did it with eve and we had a great launch week but I just lost complete interest afterwards but if you’re serious about it and you stick at it you could have something great.

but seriously though work on your presentation. make some poses, write guides, get some features that aren’t just generic CW plugins like crafting and item spawning.

you’ll thank me later x x

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  13. matlock

matlock Active Member

What the fuck is your problem?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

is there ever a time you arent freaking out a like sperg then proceeding to tell someone to behave themselves?
    you're not my dad dude. you're not my dad. don't condescend me. i do what i want.

15. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

grrrr i HATE roleplay you SUCK be better!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Zig

Zig Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

guys. you have no hope. just run. i have wW flags.

17. Freelok

Freelok Active Member

well, uh, fuck, um, i have, um, sentry bot whitelist, so, um, sorry, :/

18. CPT. Maxii

i don't get it lol, sixx.
    not everyone shares your values of "make server like me and do step x y z and you'll be a big kid".

i make servers to have a fun experience with my friends and to make new friends with. i've made plenty of servers along the years and i've had servers with 30 pop and servers with 5 pop. and the most fun i've had as server owner was on servers with about 5 to 10 pop. because a low pop allows you to get out of observer aswell and enjoy the roleplay you helped create, which i find an extremely rewarding experience. like i said, i make these for fun, in my free time, to make fun with my friends and allow other people to get in touch with my community, so we all can have a rewarding roleplay experience., as friends.

to become huge, the best, the coolest, get the most features, players, etc, is not the goal and never will be. that's how i bring the message to my staff team and to the players.

that's what i don't like about a lot of clockwork communities, who run like semi corporations.

just a fun rewarding experience with emphasis on characters/roleplay systems instead of scripts is what i really prefer.

does my community have characteristics of a community that wants to grow big? yeah sure, we got 40 slots up, some complex bureaucratic tools for lots of players and admin organisation is pretty tight internally. but that's more like a far off dream, not a reality. if my style of a rewarding/fun experience works out and a lot of people like it, sure i'll branch off into a larger community. but if it doesn't, i don't mind slogging up the money and catering to a smaller group of people with the experience i've helped create.

• Winner Winner x 4
  19. Doris

Doris Active Member

eve was shit, eve's fallout roleplay was utter fucking dog shit. are we forgetting the cat girl bos or god knows whatever you let slip through the cracks. or the time you had an autistic meltdown because someone criticized lazarus. you're the last person to be handing out advice on how to run a "successful" server

get over yourself dude stop acting all high and mighty, get it together. you're being an elitist tard

• Like Like x 1
  20. CPT. Maxii

these things never happen to me.
    i don't get it.
    if you are an admin or an owner or whatever and you see something dumb, the first reaction is "change it", right? PKing a shitty character or changing a name/model takes 2 minutes and maybe 3 minutes of drama

• Agree Agree x 1