1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Fallout76 - Announced!

Discussion in 'Fast Threads' started by Gregory, May 30, 2018.

1. Gregory

Gregory Clockwork Customer

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Resist

Resist Fucking shithead Active Member

I'm surprised at how quickly this came. I watched the whole stream, tired af after it. I thought it was going to be some sort of Fallout 3 Re-release, but i'm glad its a original game. Cannot wait and will of course be picking it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

YES YES YES
    i never logged on c16 this fast
    i'm too hyped
    we needed another fallout game holy shit

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Resist

Resist Fucking shithead Active Member

Can i have a agree rating pls

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gregory

Hype is real lads, alot of things up in the air about it atm, notice the date? Ages before the bombs fell.... People think it's the enclave talking over. Also it's set in DC.... Must be? The please wait is the same image as fallout 3 but different filter. And in fallout 4 , vault 76 is in DC.

Done.

6. SireElite

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76
    everyone ANALYZE THIS
    we need to find out everything about this vault
    @Gregory you're getting me hyped
    what if enclave return, ncr? legion? more bos? fallout 4 crossover with fallout 76?
    so much possibilites
    so much bethesda cucks
    if this is coming out in 2020 i'm gonna kms

7. Gregory

E3 is gonna be lit. Imagine if they dropped a new elder scrolls game there too hahaha

8. SireElite

everyone is gonna forget about elder scrolls
    i forgot about e3 myself holy shit imagine fallout 76 panel there

9. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer Active Member

From what the teaser showed - probably points others have found as well:

1. The game uses many of Fallout 4's assets and from its recent announcement, this makes sense from a development point of view.
    2. That said, this game will likely take place in the South (from its song and visual theming - the guitar for example). Reminds me a lot of New Vegas in that both use the same engine and a lot of the assets from their prequel (Fallout 3 -> New Vegas | Fallout 4 -> Fallout 74).
    3. This game will be about rebuilding the world from the perspective of a successful control vault ("Reclamation Day"). It will likely not take place in a vault primarily, but begin in a vault and then extend outwards to create a new settlement.

Of course this is all just speculation, any of the above could prove to be untrue. The absence of people in the vault in the teaser (apart from the title guy) does give an lingering feeling that something wrong has happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. oper8or/TehDurpLord

oper8or/TehDurpLord Clockwork Customer Active Member Restricted

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Doris

Doris Active Member

I won't get hyped for this. After Fallout 4, I don't trust Bethesda with handling the Fallout universe. They've tried so hard to disassociate from the original Fallout universe, minus New Vegas although you could argue that's more so on Obsidian's part, that it's becoming ridiculous. Things don't add up in comparison to the originals, too many liberties are being taken. Stick to the script, it isn't hard, you have more than enough to work with. Look at New Vegas for example.

Feel free to disagree but Fallout 3 & 4 were horrendous. Did I have fun playing them? Sure, they're games after all. Are they good Fallout titles? No, not whatsoever. Bethesda is a joke and massacred what Black Isle Studios originally intended.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SireElite

apparently it takes place before the first fallout game
    holy fucking shit that is so crazy

13. Amnis

Honestly Fallout 4 grew on me. Initially I hated the voiced protagonist and I still dislike the dialogue wheel (that doesn't display exactly what you are going to say), but then after going back to Skyrim, I realized that having a voiced protagonist made the experience more stimulating. You're right that the newer games neglect the original canon (except New Vegas), but I'll give Fallout 4 a break for a very simple reason: it barely crashed during my playthrough. Gameplay-wise, it was much better and made for an overall more enjoyable experience. The movement and shooting mechanics are silky smooth and the animations very refined. That said they really could have done better on the dialogue for the player (no options for intelligent discourse) and making you start off as a lawyer was a bit limiting role-play-wise. Cosmetic customization of the character was great, although this was a given since of new technical features.

Never liked the Creation Club, but hey, it's a free market. Only thing that got on my nerves was the fact Bethesda stored locked content on your hard-drive.

The biggest thing that got me converted to Fallout 4 is really again the fact that it was a lot more stable. In Fallout 1, 2, 3, and New Vegas, I crashed a lot, although more so in 3 and NV. 30 hours of Fallout 4 - never crashed once and the bugs I did deal with could be fixed with console commands.

I'm excited for 74, but as for any product I'm going to wait until it is released and reviews are out. That and I seriously need to upgrade to Windows 7. Vista has been kind to me, but I'm going to quickly find myself incompatible with newer software (I run Fallout 4 on the pre-Creation Club version that actually does indeed work with Vista).

14. Doris

Doris Active Member

That's why I enjoyed playing Fallout 4. Despite some aspects of gameplay being watered down in terms of roleplay. The sole thing keeping me somewhat interested and optimistic is this:
    [​IMG]
    If he's involved or anticipating Fallout: 76 to some degree then it can't be that bad. Considering he worked on Fallout 2 and New Vegas.

15. Gregory

Personally, i think bethesda may have learnt from Fallout 4, wasn't it a new engine? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they used fallout 4 as a test dummy and this break off will be better, like you said Fallout 3 - kinda trash ----> Fallout NV - Good. Same process for fallout 4 and fallout76?

Maybe so

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Doris

Doris Active Member

Just some food for thought; I don't understand Bethesda's hard on for 1950's Americana. You see this transition from the irradiated wastes which gave birth to monstrosities such as The Master to 1950's America except here's the catch, we're in the future and everything is whacky. For example, in the beginning of Fallout 4, you're thrown into a stereotypical 1950's neighborhood. You have white picket fences, the American suburb and the nuclear family lifestyle. Why is Bethesda's Pre-War America completely negligent to the Resource War, annexation of Canada, Europe being a dried up dust bowl, etc. You'd assume this would have some impact on daily life, no? But I'm assuming that can be pushed to the side by saying the American government was simply putting the wool over the populations eye? Even then, why does everyone remember and cherish Pre-War America? No normal denizen trudging through the wasteland cared about America or barely knew of its existence, those who did were relics of the past such as the Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel. The point was moving on. To rebuild, to begin anew, not to roll around in Pre-War nostalgia.

A good comparison is The Master and Liberty Prime. On one hand, The Master, despite his mutations has enough humanity to recognize the destruction mankind has caused. He cares about the future of the wasteland and decides that humans are inherently flawed so he must rebuild a new race of man from the ground up, using what is available to him. On the topic of nuclear weaponry, he believes he will never have to use something of that capacity due to the devastating effects. Although "he" isn't a major plot point character, Liberty Prime, he's a tool used by the Brotherhood of Steel. The same Brotherhood of Steel who were originally concerned about preserving technology, making it unavailable to the masses as to prevent something like the Great War from breaking out again, be it on a small or large scale. Except now, they restored a giant robot who tosses nukes around like a football coupled with shoulder fired nuclear catapults, stomping around going on Cold War era rants about Communists. The purpose? to defeat the Enclave. The Brotherhood of Steel would rather render one of the more technologically advanced places in the American wasteland a series of craters, debris, and more radioactive activity without preserving any beneficial technology just to defeat the generic bad guys.

Honestly? It would be nice to see a return to how the originals were. The likelihood of that happening is low, of course. Still, I feel that would provide more content and gameplay than what we already have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Amnis

Nostalgia is very powerful. Despite the fact that life pre-war was far from perfect (rampant corporate and government corruption), since it had the appearance of abundance and relative security (compared to getting raped or murdered by roaming raiders) people have a tendency to think the past was better. Of course people often forget that the past is what made the present. The past was awful - it destroyed itself after all and left civilization in a radioactive ruin.

There is also sort of a branding thing as well. Retrofuturism IS Fallout. And it is difficult to return to the style of the originals without moving back into a 2D medium. When you look at the buildings of Fallout 1 and 2, they were clearly designed within the limits of the engine. Honestly, the design of Boston in Fallout 4 is probably the best environment I've seen yet in a Fallout game. It was extremely overwhelming exploring those city ruins with sprawling skyscrapers and "skyways" for the first time. It was a completely surreal experience because for once it felt like you were moving through living concept art. I couldn't believe that I could actually go to the top of many of those buildings and even traverse those elevated highways!

Fallout 4 had the problem of being too detailed in its world design, so much that it would often tank performance, but hey, it looked really good.

I just hope Fallout 74 doesn't give you power armour right off the bat. I can understand that Bethesda wanted to show off the new power armour design, which is in my opinion in every way superior to older designs - even if it does violate the canon. I just would prefer not feeling like a tank at Level 1 when I'm supposed to be in a struggling apocalyptic world.

18. matlock

matlock Active Member

The only good one was FNV, simply for player choice and the faction dynamics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

fallout 4 is fantastic with the FROST mod, because then it's literally not Fallout anymore.

20. SireElite