1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Fallout76 - Announced!

Discussion in 'Fast Threads' started by Gregory, May 30, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    "It will have quests and a story, like any other game from Bethesda Game Studios, a developer known for meaty RPGs like Skyrim. It will also feature base-building—just like 2015's Fallout 4—and other survival-based and multiplayer mechanics, according to those sources. One source cautioned that the gameplay is rapidly changing, like it does in many online “service” games, but that’s the core outline."

" When Bethesda first teased the game on Tuesday morning, fans and pundits speculated that it might be a Fallout 3 remaster or a New Vegas-style spinoff in a new location, but as Kotaku reported that afternoon, it is in fact something completely new and completely different. The teaser might lead Fallout fans to believe that this is a traditional entry in the series, but according to our sources, that’s not the case."

2. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

an online fallout game.. oh boy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. [​IMG]
    I don't like the guy personally speaking but he has been pretty solid in the past in terms of leaks. We'll never know until e3, though.

4. SireElite

"kotaku is blacklisted by bethesda"..?

5. Apparently, the story is that Ubisoft and Bethesda blacklisted them from press related events and revoked access (free copies) to review their games due to Kotaku leaking Fallout 4 before it was announced, other things such as that.

6. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer Active Member

If it's true Kotaku did in fact leak Fallout 4, I don't blame Bethesda.

7. SireElite

i'm praying day and night that it won't be a shitty ESO copy
    whats worse is that the facts it literally set after the bombs (20 years, real early)
    there aren't gonna be that many factions, pretty much the enclave will only exist and this point and they suck fat dick

8. Amnis

The date doesn't bother me, if anything it could be really fascinating to see civilization pretty well right after the bombs fell - at least relatively speaking compared to the other titles that take place at least 100+ years into the future.

That said, the leaked info that the game will be online - although to what extent, I am not sure, has definitely made me lose a lot of interest in it. If it really is a "Rust" clone, I will not consider buying it. I am not against multiplayer games, I just have no interest in games like Rust.

9. Sly

Sly Life is wasted on the living. Clockwork Customer Active Member

This makes my penis the big penis

In all actuality, I'm incredibly hyped to see what Bethesda has to offer with this. I'm part of the rare breed that also has enjoyed all the previous games however so I'm bias

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. SireElite

the date bothers me because i don't want to be the only faggot
    you'd literally be in a world of ghouls, super mutants and possibly enclave
    there is a high chance BoS won't exist, because of how early we are in the game, any other faction hasn't been developed yet at all or created
    however i do agree, the fact that it said it'll be online put me off alot, however kotaku has been known to be in shady shit with bethesda, lets hope it isn't online.

11. Sly

Sly Life is wasted on the living. Clockwork Customer Active Member

I'll become the world's first Tunnel Snake

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. SireElite

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Amnis

I hope it is just co-op for its online component, but I guess we'll find out soon enough come June.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Notables, as in seen in previous games? I doubt the Brotherhood of Steel would be out and about twenty years after nuclear devastation in West Virginia/Virginia. The Enclave are stationed in their oil rig, plotting and sitting in absolute isolation. They're still perfecting their secret society in terms of inbreeding between families, experimentation, etc. They don't land boots on the ground until around Fallout 2 which is 2241.You'd have tribes, that's about it. The rest are dead or ghouls, majority feral.

Also, Super Mutants wouldn't be a thing considering this is twenty years after the war and The Master 'nor his Super Mutants didn't come into fruition until the next century give or take. Fallout: 76 sets you in 2097. In terms of factions and lore, everything is very bare bones. Most vaults designated for release, aside from 76, aren't even close to their release date.

If this "leak" has any merit to it; I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda turned "numerous retcons" into re-working all of the Fallout universe to suit their spin off title.

15. Amnis

Wow the last part went right past my head. So, if that leak is true, Bethesda is planning on limiting mods to the Creation Club? That would be about the dumbest decision I think they have ever made. They would literally invoke the wrath of the Nexus legions. Would suspect an attempt at an all-out boycott if they announced something like that at E3 or later.

That said, attempting to restrict modding to CC would probably be futile anyway. Especially for the mods that the leaker claims Bethesda finds distasteful. When people are given literally no other option, they will and have found a way.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)