1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important Free Dev Keys

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kurozael, Dec 5, 2017.

1. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

Hello Cloud Sixteen community,

We are pleased to announce today the distribution of free development keys in perpetuity for all Clockwork fans and developers. We are still working out a few kinks and guidelines, as well as putting together documentation on how to get started with a blank Clockwork schema from scratch.

If the community would like to put together their own guides on how to create a Clockwork schema from scratch, please help us out by doing so and posting your guides in the Clockwork Developer forum.

Register Your Schema
    You can register your schema by visiting the Work In Progress developer site over at http://authx.cloudsixteen.com/developer/ but you will need to Login via Steam. You will receive your key instantly once you submit your registration.

Folder Structure

Your folder name should be like "cwMySchema" when you enter it on the registration site, and the actual folder on the filesystem should be a lowercase version of it. For example garrysmod/gamemodes/cwmyschema.

The name of your schema should be short, and sweet, and can not be like any official Cloud Sixteen schemas. For example, "My Schema" is fine. You'll need a file called the same as your folder name within the folder itself, like all Garry's Mod gamemodes. This file will contain a name property that must be the same as the name you put into the registration site.

Clockwork to Use
    You should always attempt to make sure your schema works with the latest version currently available on GitHub over at http://github.com/CloudSixteen/Clockwork

We do not guarantee support for older versions such as 0.96 which will eventually be phased out. So be sure to make sure you keep up to date and help support the Clockwork community by submitting pull-requests!

Official Schema Code
    You may only use code from Official Cloud Sixteen schemas such as HL2RP if you own a licensed copy of that schema and retain credits to Cloud Sixteen for that work.

Selling Your Schemas
    You may only sell your schemas through the Cloud Sixteen distribution channel. So please message me if this is something you would like to do. You may use the free CAX service at http://authx.cloudsixteen.com to protect your server-side code.

We hope this brings you joy, and Merry Christmas.

• Winner x 10
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Hm. Where could we find a skeleton schema to work on though? Or are there no tutorials yet?

3. cash wednesday

cash wednesday mothership reconnection Honorable Clockwork Customer

4. kurozael

I don't recommend using this only because it's 4 years out-of-date, although it will give you a basic understanding of the structure. I will be making a new Skeleton framework soon which will be distributed alongside Clockwork in the main repository with some handy guides in the GitHub Wiki.

This will all tie in nicely with me finishing off the Clockwork Documentation Site, and then once I've got Clockwork to 1.0 and the HL2RP update out in the new year, I will be stepping away from GMod for good (although I will be returning once S&box is released to start fresh with a brand new framework.)

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  5. I guess I'll wait for that then. =)

6. BananasTheKing

BananasTheKing Clockwork Customer

How long will this be going on for, will this expire after the holidays?

7. Mixed

Mixed C16 Support Staff Staff Member Store Support Foreign Moderator Clockwork Customer Active Member

@BananasTheKing

Second line of the thread:

8. kurozael

Example schema can be found here and will be updated as development on CW 0.98 continues and fleshed out as time goes on. If anybody else wishes to contribute and make pull-requests to help document the example schema or add in better examples please be my guest!

It's actually included now in the Clockwork repository itself to make it easier to access and keep up to date with version changes.

https://github.com/CloudSixteen/Clockwork/tree/master/Clockwork/garrysmod/gamemodes/cwexample

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. cash wednesday

cash wednesday mothership reconnection Honorable Clockwork Customer

This user was banned for this post (asked to be banned.)

10. Redbully14

Redbully14 Clockwork Customer

I'm a bit confused.
    Are we able to just register a key and throw it into our own gamemode that we made from a skelenton?
    If so then hey, that's pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. redcatjack

redcatjack Moderator and Map Developer Staff Member Moderator Clockwork Customer

Yup, that is exactly how it works.

• Informative Informative x 1

Current Readers (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Fixator10