1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Garry's mod Hosting Service

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Schulze35, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Is there anyone who can recommend me a good hosting service for HL2RP Servers ??
    And btw when your buying or ordering the service do you have to make a new server? Or can you use a server you have allredy made that your hosting on your home internet.

2. Aspect

Aspect Who I am depends on who you learn it from. Active Member

Uhh
    I know a guy who hosts for free (It's real)
    He hosts the server im making.
    And yeah you can transfer your files to the new server.
    I can link you his steam if you want

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  3. Glunar

Glunar Clockwork Customer

GMCHosting is the best in my opinion.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  4. Fear

Fear Clockwork Customer

If you want to have a good grasp of your server you will definitely not want to use a game host.
    Host your server on a VPS they usually start from 3-5$/month and are pretty reliable. You obviously won't have the ease of usability but trust me, running a server with a game host always leads to nowhere.
    From experience, I would go with either OVH or KMS.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  5. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

RJ's

• Like Like x 1
  6. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

Yeah dude, because someone who is looking for a simple solution wants to run a server off a VPS & setup a database for it. Genius.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  8. Fear

Fear Clockwork Customer

I am not saying it is simple, I am saying that is more reliable than a game server host. If you are dedicated enough you can learn how to properly do all these things. If not then IMO you don't have the dedication to run a server in the long run. No need to get pissy about this.

• Box Box x 3
  9. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

NFO Servers.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Box Box x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Digital Junkie

Didn't you run your horror server off that?

11. Fear

Fear Clockwork Customer

Nu I was running it locally, but if I had it finished I would have got a vpsfrom KMS probably

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Box Box x 1
  12. RJ

I disagree. There's plenty of quality game server hosters out there to choose from I'm sure, however I can't name any in particular as I haven't needed to look for any in a long time. Not everyone is tech savvy like you or myself. Sometimes people just don't want to be bothered with the hassle of it all, especially considering how tedious things can become if you come across any errors you have no idea how to deal with. Also what does not having/wanting the ability to run a server on a VPS have to do with dedication? That's ridiculous, and saying "no need to get pissy about this" is along the same lines of saying "sorry for saying this, but really I'm not because I'm gonna say it anyways."

I do recommend learning how to run a server on a VPS regardless, however things aren't as black and white as Fear makes it out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fear

Fear Clockwork Customer

While that is true, I just had too many experiences with people who couldn't keep at it with using game hosts. But this is my opinion on this, so you can make of it what you want. And I am sure there are people who have something good running from a game, no doubt about that.
    Also, I was saying that last bit because I am certain that the guy just came at me like this because I rated his post with "dumb" earlier. I shouldn't have taken it personally so I apologize for this inb4.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  14. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

You can literally tell OP is roughly new to running a server yet you reply with "use a VPS to complicate your life". Like he literally says
    "And btw when your buying or ordering the service do you have to make a new server? Or can you use a server you have allredy made that your hosting on your home internet."

Honestly, I think you just mentioned using a VPS just to see if you can show off your so called tech savvy mind. This guy isn't going to use a VPS so I'm not sure why you would reply telling him to do so. Now this is fine if you're stating it as general advice but for this guy, but nah... I don't think he wants to use a VPS.

Either way, for what this guy wants to do a game server host with reliable customer service is the go-to. NFOservers will provide quality hardware and quick support to negate any technical problems he may have. If he doesn't have the money then he should go with a cheaper alternative such as RJ's startup or SerientyServers.

• Box Box x 1
  15. Digital Junkie

Wow fear, that's low.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Well thanks for all the replies. I am not to familiar with all the services but I think ill go for NFOs. Dont go all crazy guys becouse you dont like NFO it looks easy, great and I got friends who recommend it. So ill look more close into that one ;)

17. RJ

One thing to note is that my game panel and web panel can be complicated to use, so it's probably best that Schulze35 chose a different hoster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

wholesome RJ

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Oliver

Oliver Well shit Clockwork Customer Active Member

If you're anywhere knowledgeable on either Linux or Windows server-side operating systems, I'd suggest SYS.

Some may say their Dedi's are overpowered for what you wish to do, but if your intention is to (potentially) start multiple servers, they're the best choice, and I've been hosting with them for years now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

peep the OP's timestamp homie

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.