1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Great electronic music videos - Souvenir de Chine

Discussion in 'Creative Media' started by Amnis, May 17, 2018.

1. Amnis

Amnis Clockwork Customer Active Member

I've always been a fan of Jean-Michel Jarre, at least of his earlier work. He invokes great emotion in his synths. Souvenir de Chine stands out in particular.

The chronology of recent Chinese history and culture. The clash of traditional ways with the modern. The cognitive dissonance surrounding competing socioeconomic ideologies. An idiosyncratic mix of modern capitalism and state collectivism. A people once so inured in isolation now the centre of trade and diplomacy. The People's Republic of China, a country founded on a tragic ideology, is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing economies. While it has embraced many market reforms, their government still maintains a tight grip of political activities, trade unions, and critical economic sectors. As much as they may be criticized or mocked, they are emerging as a world superpower. For all the hardships the Chinese have had to endure, regardless of how one views their government or geopolitics, their tenacity at the very least can be admired. I feel the music video offers a glimpse into a world that is often considered alien to westerners - myself included.

Some background: Jean-Michel Jarre was the first Western pop artist to perform in China since after the Cultural Revolution.
    [​IMG]

2. Resist

Resist Fucking shithead Active Member

Ah i like his work aswell. I've always loved orient. Great song

• Agree Agree x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)