1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Half-Life 2 RP Models

Discussion in 'Other Interests' started by Dan22, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Here I will post Half-Life 2 RP Specific models, they will all be free for use and I will hopefully provide a download for each one!
    Heres a model I was thinking of making:
    Gonarch:
    Custom concept art from: Martin Dubravick√Ĺ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think! Tell me if you think its a good or bad idea!
    More to come!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Looks really cool.

3. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Update:
    Just made and baked the low poly version ready for in game use!
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    Made the texture!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  4. Badhamknibbs

Badhamknibbs /me snaps neck Clockwork Customer Active Member

Presumably you're basing this on the Combine Big Momma Pod, which is awesome. can't wait to see final product.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 221boy221

221boy221 Kill22pro Active Member

This is totally awesome, new HL2 related models, epic.
    Could come in handy for our map ;)

6. NFPD

NFPD Plums! Active Member

oh god it looks like a ballsack
    OT: It'd be cool if you guys did character models that are actually good instead of just lazy headhacks with zero facial animations and stolen shit from other games, I frigging hate most of the TnB models, about half of them being all of the female ones.

7. CakeZ

CakeZ rp is for nerds right

Human facial flexes are very difficult to create and take a long time. Its hardly worth the effort for many people in the modelling community to create them from scratch instead of pulling from another game.

8. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

Is the Gonarch ment to be captured and mutated by Combine? I thought they took over part's of Xen and amputated all the creatures that were like Gonarchs.

9. CakeZ

How else would they produce so many headcrabs for their canisters?

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. So are you using ZBrush? Been looking to learn myself. The process is pretty slow, though. Such an unstreamlined software.

11. He got all this fancy software to use because his game development company paid for his liscenses. xdd

12. @Dan22 really cool picture, the art style is amazing and the graphic render looks really good too.
    Also what programs do you use? Just out of curiosity,

thx

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  13. @Dan22 - If you're still working on the Gonarch model, don't you think there should be some sort of tube/device to "harvest" the eggs?

14. Made some improvements, hope you don't mind.

[​IMG]

deze nutz

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

I don't think they have shit ton of amounts. Correct me if am wrong, but there eggsack become's empty I think, if not then just o.o

16. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

all game developement software I use atm:
    zbrush, mudbox, 3ds max, maya, substance painter, substance designer, gimp, leadwerks standard and indie edition, UE4, blender, photoshop, 3D Coat.

and yes, all paid for by investors of the company I worked at.

also about the hl2rp models, they literally look like dog shit when imported into source

[​IMG]
    I tried my best to make it look as good as possible in the port, I tried baking ambient occlusion ect, and after speaking with NoMoreRoomInHell devs they told me the best way to make textures for models is to paint them in photoshop which would take ages and is something im not use to so im putting it on hold for now until I find another way or learn to paint by hand.

Aka modelling for source is bad.

If somone has a good workflow of porting substance painter materials to source and have it look good, add me at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055240106/

17. CakeZ

What do you mean by porting the materials? Are there no UV's for the model to be wrapped?

Edit:
    Nevermind, I saw the UV picture. Is the model coming out just looking funky when you port it for source? Do you have speculars, normals, and the dif, or is it all in one texture? Cuz source won't pull well that way.

Double edit:
    Have you tried boosting the phong exponent?

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  18. cubemaps & specular lighting does wonders

19. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Yes this is something I have already done, but it shouldn't look this bad without, take the other hl2 models for example. They look good without as they are hand painted.

20. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy

You never cease to amaze me, @Dan22

• Friendly Friendly x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)