1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Half-Life 2 RP Models

Discussion in 'Other Interests' started by Dan22, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Sixx

Sixx roleplay crusader

Dan is literally the man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

You guys have given me the inspiration to make this model complete, I will continue to try and make this model look 10/10 in source, even if that means I have to paint the model by hand in photoshop! More updates to come.

3. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

UPDATE:
    Hey guys I have been working on this for afew hours and managed to get the texture looking nice!

BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

AFTER:

[​IMG]

This took hours of blending specular, normals and ambient occlusion maps to make it look realistic, also had to hand paint alot of details, hope you like it!

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  4. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Made a new model for hl2rp!
    Rebel Mortar Shell:
    [​IMG]

"Dr Breen will be shitting bricks when he sees this coming!"

In Game Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Lovely Render of model:
    [​IMG]

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x4v2ldxdagboc3/hl2rp_mortar_shell.zip?dl=0

Mortar gun coming soon!

Note: If any coders or anyone wants to help we could possibly make a fully working mortar gun for hl2rp use!

Let me know what you think and thanks!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. Daemon01

Daemon01 I've covered in wars y'know. Active Member

I like this.

6. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Just realised the mortar shell didnt have physics. just added physics and link is now updated!

• Like Like x 2
  7. johndude1

johndude1 Active Member

You need to add more definition to your model, as well as more grunge. The bottom part of the mortar is really well done and properly textured, but the tip of the mortar and the body needs more detail, take this image as an example.

[​IMG]

Your model just has flat, repeating textures with little to no variations, the exception being the bottom of it.

You should add more rust and other subtle details to the textures. Also if you're using DDO, use NDO as well to quickly add details without having to make a high poly model and bake it down.

8. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Yes, I was planning on doing a high res version for baking these bumps ect on the model but never got round to it, this was more of a test model for shadows and baking AO maps. Now as for rust and grunge, I used substance painter smart materials and I used a rust smart material for the bottom fin part and it covered it nicely however for the main body and tip it covered the mortar shell excessively. So I decided to paint on some dirt however for some reason it didnt come out well when porting to source.

Also I did add some bumps but they don't come out well when porting to source. It wouldnt only be noticeable with some cubemaps built.

9. johndude1

johndude1 Active Member

Ah, I see. You should also brighten the green near the edges to give the impression of reflecting more light at the sharper angles. Also bake AO if you haven't.

Other then that it's a solid model, I applaud you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Yep I did AO bake, I even grayscaled the normal map to add some more shadows and details but thanks :p

11. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

12. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

New model coming soon!

Rebel 81 mm M1 Mortar:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Its a cool telescope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

15. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

16. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

New model:

Low Detailed - Roof Machine:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  17. SirMush

SirMush cool kid

Gives me a HL2 Beta feel to it.
    I like it.

18. cool models, but i think what hl2rp needs is like, a proper set of models for all divisions and ranks of the cca, i hate seeing beta cops and retro cops walking around on the same server.

19. Daemon01

Daemon01 I've covered in wars y'know. Active Member

Eye-candy does not define a good server.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)