1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP HL2RP Free in 2019?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Chobani, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurozael said he would make HL2RP free for all in 2019, but its yet to come. It could've been just a joke, but I am still curious. Any updates?

2. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

it said 2019, not January 1, 2019

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aspect

Aspect Damn, okay. Veteran Active Member

December 31, 2019.

4. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

Pretty much this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Moderator Legend

for a guy who doesn't care about Gmod RP or Clockwork anymore he's sure taking his sweet time removing the ability to give him money for it

i'm sure it'll come though. kuro works on valve time ya see

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

nothing wrong with maximizing profits

7. Savvyge Investments

Savvyge Investments Clockwork Customer

25$ is not alot of money people, even if you want to meme it or hate it. if you rate this box you are a hoe.

• Box Box x 10
  8. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer Active Member

Ooops. But in all seriousness, $25 can be quite a bit for some people, especially if they plan on hiring a dev or something like that. It is kinda weird that he still chooses to sell unsupported software with plenty of bugs for the price (GMod itself is cheaper, I mean c'mon), but at least it'll be free soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  9. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor Crusader Templar

Some people are never happy in all likelihood I’ll wait until the new tax year.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ○Frix

○Frix Clockwork Customer Active Member

I can agree on that, the fact that HL2RP has been on "sale" for like a year, and the price is 25$, it's kind of ridiculous, i know that business is business but come on man, a framework that isn't even properly working when you install it for that price, not worth it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  11. Beer

Beer Guest

Lmao. If you can't afford to invest $25 Dollars for your servers gamemode, you shouldn't host a server in the first place.
    There are other varieties for HL2RP. Not Only clockwork..IX,Nuts [Yes IK IX is modified Nuts].

If you want CW To be free. Just ask for it to be free, don't cry about the price. Its affordable for everyone over the age of 18 imo.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Schulze35

Schulze35 At 23, I bought it all just to make sure. Clockwork Customer Active Member

CW is a masterpiece, If kuro makes it free its really kind of him.... In my opinion he deserves the money. There is also ups and dOwNz with making the gamemode free. CW will then be way to available, everyone will make a server. We don't want incompetent server owners. However it will make more activity in hl2rp community again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TacticalToaster

The $25 price tag hasn't kept incompetent owners away. You all forget that kids love to steal credit cards. I've seen plenty of bad servers pop up in the past few years, and rarely is there an actually 'good' server that pops up. I'm not saying that I want it to be flat out free, but if your going to charge for it, at least try to make it fully working if your going to charge more than the supported game you need to get to run the framework. Along with that, you have to pay $15 dollars to just rename the schema. Of course, you don't have to do that now considering there are dev keys, but before that you flat out had to pay $15 extra just to change the name of the schema. What I'm more excited for is HL2RP going open source, since we'll be able to iron out all the bugs, but that requires it to be free. I just don't get how you can justify charging $25 dollars for a buggy framework for a game that is 40% cheaper and still updated. Like I said, I'm more excited for it to be open source since we'll be able to expand and fix the schema, but that requires it to be free, which to me seems more just. I'm not dissing kuro's ability, he definitely has done a good job, but a good cake with shit on top is a shitty cake, and charging $25 for a shitty cake isn't very right.

I also did come at it from an affordability standpoint, and that was my fault. I agree, for making a server, $25 isn't much, but I hope my restructured argument makes a bit more sense.

Also, I hope you now realize why I think just using another free framework isn't really applicable to this particular case now. It's not just about making HL2RP free so its free, its about how the framework is broke in some parts, the schema is also partially bugged, and nothing has been updated, and there is very little documentation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Savvyge Investments

"Ooops. But in all seriousness, $25 can be quite a bit for some people, especially if they plan on hiring a dev or something like that. It is kinda weird that he still chooses to sell unsupported software with plenty of bugs for the price (GMod itself is cheaper, I mean c'mon), but at least it'll be free soon enough."

If you work at the lowest possible pay per hour in america, 7.25, or in some cases Restaraunt waiters making 3$ an hour + tips.
    7x3 is 21, + 1 more hour, 28$.

I can afford Clockwork 8 times after a shift at work. 1 day out of 7 in the week, 365 in the year.

If you can work 3 hours of your life at a min wage job, you can afford a copy of HL2RP from Clockwork.
    While kuro had to CRAFT this for many many many more hours than just 3 hours.

If I can trade 3 hours of my time for his 200 I will.

"a framework that isn't even properly working when you install it for that price"

I installed my copy with ease. Absolutely no problems. The auth passed and I am put in my server with the ability to start HL2RP. The factions, classes, and base items all work.

" but a good cake with shit on top is a shitty cake, and charging $25 for a shitty cake isn't very right."

Okay also have you seen the framework? Do you know how to write LUA CODE?

kuro had to sit their and pipe all those text files in the right order, as well as the encryption area. The framework code is massive and I would NOT like to write it myself. If I did, I would definitely charge AT THE END OF THE PRODUCTS initial output, 25$ for my own efforts.

I think the people that complain and want it to be free just want to flag up as a combine and spam voice commands with their friends.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  15. Savvyge Investments

These people are hoes and cannot afford HL2RP from Clockwork.
    [​IMG] https://i.imgur.com/bdLs4gY.png

• Box Box x 4
  16. vexus

weird flex

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. TacticalToaster

If you did a little browsing, you'd realize I do know how to use LUA, since I've made a plugin for Clockwork (now dozens, along with a few custom schema's in the works). I love how you try to personally attack me without directly addressing the point I made: HL2RP is buggy, which ruins the good work put into it, yet nothings been done to fix the bugs.

Okay, they can do that on existing servers. Yeah, they'll be able to make their own when HL2RP becomes free, but that doesn't mean they'll be popular. Free HL2RP is already coming, I was just addressing why it should be free and why the price compared to the CURRENT, OBSERVABLE (IN A SERVER, FRESH INSTALL WITH NO EXTRA SUPPORT) QUALITY FROM SOMEONE WITH NO LUA EXPERIENCE is not justified. I've already paid for the schema, and I see the issues it has. I've tested the beta 0.97 version, and I've seen its issues. The current state of HL2RP feels like a Steam Early Access game that was abandoned near completion, where there are still a few bugs that need fixing.

Also, I like how you bring up wages, but forget about things like rent and other living expenses. If you made that much net income an hour, then anyone can afford a lot of things like HL2RP or other games, but of course, there are more important things you have to prioritize.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Savvyge Investments

my bad dude I didn't realize you understood LUA so much you can't fix the bugs or explain to me how the cl_kernel.lua works and how you can improve on it.

• Box Box x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TacticalToaster

It's not my job to fix a framework/schema that should be fixed by the people selling it.

EDIT: Of course, I do patch the bugs so I can run it properly without it messing up, but that doesn't relieve the owner's responsibility of making sure their product actually works as intended, and attempt to fix everything they can. If kuro released a final product 1.0, then yeah, it'd be acceptable, but the fact of the matter is he's selling an unfinished product that he has no intention of fixing. That's the issue here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  20. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Active Member

I'm just gonna throw in my own coin in this discussion.

I personally have no access to perform updates to the original products sold on the store so there's nothing I can do, even though I wish I could. While the gamemode isn't being maintained by kurozael anymore, volunteers are keeping it maintained on the github. I prompt those who make tickets on the store to give that version a try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.