1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

How do you think people should rebel in cityrp?

Discussion in 'Casual Discussion' started by sentry09, Aug 5, 2017.

1. I think starting a refugee camp and helping citizens escaping the city is a good way to do it.
    But I guess that depends on if the server is connected to an outlands server or something like that.

2. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

the only way i've seen that's actually worked and added to the experience is webuls shoot and scooting on units, usually not actually hitting them or at worst injurying them, it ends up stirring a bunch of units for a manhunt basically and it makes the environment tense and allows you to get away with some stuff if you need to because units are distracted

3. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

in order for me personally to properly answer this question I need to define the following:

hl2rp city: densely populated area heavily controlled by a military dicatorship with many checks to keep the citizens controlled
    "rebel": any form of directly oppossing the established military dictatorship to further the goals of "humans".

A HL2RP map only get's so big. And going out to shoot cops will result in a manhunt and have your rebel friends killed, or it ends up with everyone hiding in this "OOC Door don't metagame pls" area that will piss off everyone eventually.

The way I think is most fun to rebel in, which is less shotcop and more roleplay is to define the purpose of the MPF/OTA/CA and then oppose that.
    Which is simply to keep the peace and make sure the sector is producing whatever it is producing for the Combine.

Disrupting the peace is the best way. You can do this by:

1) Securing the citizens in extremely safe zones in the slums. If this is not possible you keep them in the city.
    2) Feed the citizens yourself, do not let them attend ration cycles.
    3) Not attending factory shifts and similiar
    4) Make loyalists feel unsecured. Don't kill them. Hang up posters near their apartments, throw a flashbang through the window. Make being a loyalist less appealing, thus thwarting efforts of the combine.
    5) Become self-sustaining. If you set up your own "black market/rebel economy" with low prices and availability, you deprive the CWU from income and makes people less inclined to work for the CWU/Combine.
    6) Give units a hard time by building makeshifts barriers near choke points, destroy forcefields, consoles.
    7) Kidnappings are also pretty popular, a lot of HL2RPs I played on liked to kidnap lower ranking CWU workers and take their belongings and leave them stripped in an alleyway or something else.
    --Just make sure you don't provoke a judgement waiver and have OTA come in to destroy the entire slum sector and have everything start anew.--

Aslong as you destabilize the city without having to die around every corner you will have 1) a very successfull rebel operation and 2) you are making sure you do not give the combine a reason to run into the slums with full arms blazing.

When the shit does hit the fan. No one has committed a crime bad enough you can't bullshit or run your way out of. You haven't killed any CPs, haven't shot anyone, shouldn't be carrying weapons or just hide them in secure places. That means you get arrested, serve your cycles/time and possible interrogation. Then when you get out you can run right back into the slums and keep the thing running.

I did something similiair, we were a very small group so we couldn't do 6, 4 and 2. But it was a lot of fun, and surprisingly, no one in our group died and we were going at it for two months.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Doris

Doris gucci flames Active Member

this

high energy
    it throws everything off course because you don't know if sally or joe rogan is gonna pull out a fucking 9mm the moment you stop them

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

1. seems a bit pointless to me, why should units care if someone is in the slums
    2. again seems pointless, it's a great idea if people NEEDED food but hey it's not like i came up with an idea for that*
    3. like number 1, i don't think units care that much
    4. i do like this a lot
    5. see number 2 :(
    6. don't see how that would work out without them getting anally raped by units
    7. kidnappings are really really good, but it does get lame imo when they constantly happen

*posting this again because somewhat relevant
    [​IMG]

6. Tyler

Tyler no one physically cares mate Active Member

/me pick up gun shoot combine!

7. dead flag blues

dead flag blues Clockwork Customer Active Member

^ Implying there's even a /me. :p

8. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

i always hoped to see some sort of riot somewhat similar to the LA riots
    streets trashed, some shit burnt, citizens fighting for freedom like a revolution,
    no am not talking about rebels with smg's and grenades kevlar heavy vest DvL armor and raiding the nexus and freeing citizens
    just the city basically in a shitstate like a national emergency, CP's actually fear leaving the nexus (lower ranks not high ones) from the citizens that'd outnumber them, ect
    having cps just running through the entire map and killing everyone off is a big no

im just grabbing some shit out of homefront the revolution, but causing issues in the city itself and alot of problems then having some sort of district ran by rebels or anti-citizens, or a district where even CP's would fear of entering due to the violence going on in there
    but nvm owner will give all ota whitelist and raid

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Doris

Doris gucci flames Active Member

can't have an alternative in these serious roleplay streets