1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

How to set Default Factions

Discussion in 'Development' started by Zer0, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Zer0

Zer0 Clockwork Customer

Hello. I wanted to ask if somebody can help.

How do you set the default factions on the server? If I wanted the citizen to be whitelisted for example and make OTA a non-whitelisted faction. And make it the default action for when you join the server. I attempted to do this but failed horribly.

Thanks!

2. Zer0

Zer0 Clockwork Customer

When I turned off whitelist when people make chars they get this error saying that they're not in the faction.

3. Viz

Viz Clockwork Customer Active Member

In the faction file, there is a line FACTION.isWhitelisted. Set this to true for your OTA faction, and set it to false for your Citizen faction.

Code:
    FACTION.isWhitelisted = false; -- Do we need to be whitelisted to select this faction?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zer0

Zer0 Clockwork Customer

Sorry for the delay. I'm aware of this code and had this set. But when people make characters they keep getting this error saying they're not apart of this faction when it's not a whitelisted faction.

5. Viz

Sorry, my mistake. I believe the correct line is FACTION.whitelisted, not FACTION.isWhitelisted.
    You would set FACTION.whitelisted = true for your Citizen faction, and FACTION.whitelisted = false for your OTA faction.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  6. Zer0

Zer0 Clockwork Customer

Ahhh! I see. I got one more question if you don't mind helping. Where are static props at? We made a mistake and made a salesman we're unable to remove. Thanks.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Clockwork Customer

Thank you very much for the help btw.

8. Viz

You should find most saved Clockwork data in 'garrysmod/settings/clockwork/schemas/<schemaname>/plugins/'.
    Check the salesmen directory in there.

9. Zer0

Zer0 Clockwork Customer

Thanks!

10. Lockness

Lockness Clockwork Customer

Please help. I'm trying to do this for CCA and changing that line doesn't work. I removed the line from the MPF Recruit file and placed it in the citizen file. Players are still prompted with a Citizen character creation upon joining. Please help