1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other How to Test Clockwork Offline Without a Server in Single Player

Discussion in 'Development' started by NoahtheBoah36™, Nov 4, 2018.

1. NoahtheBoah36™

NoahtheBoah36™ Clockwork Retard Clockwork Customer Active Member

Hello all. I've been looking for an answer to this question for a long time, but could never find it, maybe because everybody just kind of knew it and didn't think it would matter, but whether or not I'm slow or whatever else, it took me awhile before I tested this method and figured out how to actually load up Clockwork in single player to test my code. My experiment worked and so now I'm going to explain how to do it so future developers that don't know this can test their clockwork code in single player or Gmod P2P without having to put up a server on their computer or rent a server just for testing purposes.

Step 0: (OPTIONAL) Combine your Clockwork and Schema Files
    If you want to make things easier and reduce the chances of you messing up uploads in the future, this is something I do to help me with that. Open up your clockwork files and navigate down into the garrysmod folder.
    Picture 1:
    [​IMG]
    Picture 2:
    [​IMG]
    If you see the gamemodes folder in both your clockwork and your schema files, as demonstrated in picture 2, you need only copy the schema files over to the clockwork files into that location in order to combine the two. Make sure that you copy the files from the right to the folder on the left in picture 2. If you do it in the folder depicted in picture 1, you will mess it all up and have to undo the copying of the files.

Step 1: Locate your GarrysMod Folder
    Go into your Gmod game files, which by default should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

There you should find the folders for all your installed games. Select and open the one titled "GarrysMod" without the quotes.

Step 2: Transfer Clockwork & Schema Files
    If you are now inside the "GarrysMod" folder, you are looking at the same top-of-the-hierarchy that you would see on a Gmod server, except that this is for your computer's game files for Gmod. Simply install Clockwork as you would normally, except here. For a guide on how to install clockwork, go to http://wiki.cloudsixteen.com/installation and follow the directions there.

Step 3: Load up Gmod
    Start Garry's Mod as you would normally through your Steam Client. Next, select Start New Game from the main menu. Look towards the bottom right and click on the button that should say "Sandbox" and it'll open up a menu that should look something like the picture below, where it lists all your gamemodes.
    upload_2018-11-4_15-10-9.png

As you can see, I'm using HL2RP as my schema, and sure enough, it's listed there in my gamemodes. Next step is to click that and set that as your active gamemode, then launch either your single player or P2P game as per normal. It should open up like you just connected to a Clockwork server what with the welcome screens and possibly the first-time quiz. Then go ahead and test out your Clockwork code to your heart's content!

I hope this helps. If anybody has any questions feel free to ask them here. I'm not the most knowledgeable person about Clockwork but I figured this out at least so maybe I can help. And also if I forgot anything or if you want to call me a retard for not knowing this feel free to add on in a reply.

To the mods: sorry if this isn't the place for this thread, but I figure since it's based off of the idea of being a Clockwork dev, it's probably the right place, but obviously if I'm in the wrong place please move it to the correct one and/or let me know where it belongs so I can repost it and delete this thread.

Update 1: (6 Nov 2018) Edited title to include the words "in single player" to help people who might be searching for this by adding them as keywords.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018