1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other I'm trying to get into contact to ask pre-sales questions

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Vaas Kahn Grim, May 5, 2018.

1. Vaas Kahn Grim

Vaas Kahn Grim Clockwork Customer

So I'm looking into purchasing clockwork however I have heard conflicting information on it and this has left me with some rather difficult pre-sales questions that I'd like to know before getting into using clockwork. I tried asking in the discord however it requires the phone verification for me to even type in there and I'm not really sure who to speak to specifically about the questions I have.

2. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Ask away.

3. Vaas Kahn Grim

So I've heard that the actual clockwork framework was closed source, however I don't know if this is actually true. I've heard its closed source aswell as that some people can view the code but can't edit it?

I've also heard that it was a C++ addon that you use to make your own gamemode with and while I like the idea of C++ I don't know really how I would go about doing anything with it if I can't interact with the code to work on building my gamemode ontop of it

and my last current question would be this. With clockwork I've heard that a specific addon I use won't work with it, the Advanced Lightsabers Combat System. This leaves me a little concerned atm for 2 of my servers if I can't get that to work right, would leave me with 1 server using clockwork.

while not really questions persay I kinda have these few things giving me a bit of trouble to really figure out how to work with

4. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Clockwork uses CloudAuth that required a serial key for the gamemode to work aswell as to load all the data required for making the gamemode run. This however is slowly being removed.

I've never heard of such a thing. You can modify an existing schema (HL2:RP) which is in LUA and can be fully viewed w/o restrictions.

I cannot answer for that. Not sure what would be conflicting.

5. Vaas Kahn Grim

So wait your telling me I can make edits to clockwork then? I'm a little confused on that one still, I thought there was a ToS on that. least thats what I was told anyways.

And just to clarify on the schema thing I'm looking to slowly move my servers off of DarkRP. I currently have 3 so this is a bit good to hear that I can modify things but your 100% certain its allowed for server owners to make modifications as needed right?

6. Aberidius

You shouldn't edit / modify Clockwork. Clockwork is just the base. You can do all the things you need by modifying the schema, alternatively making your own from scratch.

7. Vaas Kahn Grim

I'd definitely prefer from scratch but even tho I shouldn't modify clockwork I'm mostly concerned with am I allowed to modify it or not. reason being I always try to seek improvements where I can and pushing things further and further. Kinda trying to cover all my bases and know what I'm technically allowed to do with it before I end up doing it and realizing I wasn't allowed to do that

8. Aberidius

Let me be more specific.

Clockwork = Base, do not modify it.
    Schema = The actual modification to Clockwork where you do your modifications. You can go as wild as you want with modifying it. It's the only thing you need to touch when editing anything.

9. Vaas Kahn Grim

ok thats a bit more clear, thank you for your time. I'll be purchasing tonight most likely and getting prepped for converting addons off of darkrp for it

10. Aberidius

Glad to hear :)
    Make sure to make a ticket for your customer permissions after you've purchased CW. Just say that you want the customer role and provide your forum name. (discord too if you have it) It will give you access to a hidden section with a lot of useful discussions and it should also help you track any bugs or errors that people have solved.

11. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

@Vaas Kahn Grim I think you are allowed to edit clockwork, but you shouldn't because it might break (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

The schema may also break if you edit it directly. You should always edit the schema / framework using plugins. Plugins overwrite original schema / framework functions and if they break something they can easily be removed and the problem will be fixed. but if you edit the schema / framework's files directly and something goes wrong, it might be harder to fix and may sometimes require a full reinstall.

12. Aberidius

That fully depends on how custom he wants to go. If he's confident with coding LUA and bugtracking he doesn't need to do it via plugins. When I wrote custom schemas I never did it via plugins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

Here's the full ToS: http://cloudsixteen.com/tos.html

The only mention of not being allowed to edit things is with regards to the credits:
    You're allowed to edit the schema/framework directly, however that is not recommended. Instead it's recommended that you use plugins so that the content you're adding is modular and can be removed easily if things break. You can use my Plugin Constructor website I made to help you with making plugins: https://clockworkconstructors.com/construct-plugin.php

There's other developer tools on the website that you can use to make things like factions, items, etc. I hope that helps!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Vaas Kahn Grim

ok yeah I believe that might have been the biggest thing causing the confusion then is not noticing the word "credits" in that

Previous Readers (Total: 0)