1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Insurgents War: The Rebellion (Military RP)

Discussion in 'Communities' started by ℬlack ℛose, Feb 11, 2018.

1. ℬlack ℛose

ℬlack ℛose Clockwork Customer

[​IMG]
    Report Mission: Operation Iraqi Freedom
    Date: 17th April 2003

After the successful raid into the capital city of Iraq, Baghdad, the NATO forces tried to establish a firm resistance in all other territories of the country, trying to stop the insurgents from causing destruction and casualties. Important intels suggested that the insurgent forces were gathering in the small city of Almaden, close to Baghdad, where it was presumed that it was the major regroup point, due to the high flux of weapons in black markets. Days after, the NATO forces decided to invade the city of Almaden, so to fight off the last remaining insurgents and put a stop to the massacre.

Pictures of the Map:
    20180211144504_1.jpg

20180211144356_1.jpg

20180211144524_1.jpg

20180211144549_1.jpg

Server Group w/ Lore:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/insurgentswar

IP:

95.246.3.132:27015

Why Join?

The server is new, and hasn't got a player base, but it has a lot of potential to be enjoyful; This is the only CW Military RP server with Insurgents war as a main lore, making the whole experience different, especially because it involves insurgent forces rather than an actual military one. The city is labyrinthic and has many accessible buildings, making ambushes and battles more intense, and since the map is focused around CQC engagement, choosing the right move is vital in order to succeed, one mistake can result fatal.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018 at 9:28 AM
  2. SmallS

SmallS Clockwork Customer Active Member

CW: Insurgency RP

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ℬlack ℛose

Hahah, yeah! I am a fond lover of Insurgency, so I pretty much wanted to test a sort of RP version of it!

4. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

"the NATO forces tried to establish a firm resistance in all other territories of the country,"
    why would an illegal invading force be described as establishing a "firm resistance"?

5. WestCoastKillers

WestCoastKillers all links to the manifesto Clockwork Customer

this isn't a reason, but okay. the map looks neat enough, but it's obvious by looking at the workshop entry that it isn't yours. what's stopping somebody more competent from stealing your content and making something better with it? what does YOUR server have to offer ME over some other schmuck that can upload a map and make a HL2RP reskin? is your script unique? are you an adept story teller who can mend player freedom and player experience together without making it feel like an on-the-rails shooter? all questions you should be answering, rather than begging for players on the merit that you need players alone.

edit: server isn't even up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ℬlack ℛose

I shall explain;

All Military RP work this way: Make a char, follow orders, get promotions, get to order around etc... but here's where interesting part comes! As an insurgent, you don't exactly have superiors, you only have roles instead of ranks. Like for example, the standard "soldier" role for the Insurgents is the Cbt. (Combatant) hence, not a rank. The insurgent team isn't a military force, but rather a group of people that have a common goal: bring down their enemies.

For the people who prefer a more classic Military RP feelings, they can join the NATO forces, but who wants to try something more "Anarchic" so to say, then the insurgents is the right choice! Unlike NATO, one insurgent may decide to head out from their base and occupy a point even on their own, without following any order whatsoever, altough, whenever reinforcement are needed, they can be called back to rendevouz in base if the enemy attempts to attack near their regroup point.

There is also a risk: Going alone and dying alone will result in a PK, nothing will stop an insurgent from going into battle alone, but this will refrain them from rushing out their base everytime, and instead wait for a team, which removes the PK risk. It's like a sort of 1 life only bet, and can surely bring some tension and feeling of danger if players desire so!

And yes, the server was off because of a recent urgent maintenance I had to take care of, now it is back online!
    Illegal? The NATO forces were there to fight against the Insurgent forces, this lore is based post the war of Iraq.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

??? i'm judging the way you worded your intro paragraph. it doesn't make sense to say nato forces established a firm resistance. it would make more sense to word it as "the NATO forces tried to establish a firm grip in the region", etc.

ALSO!! Iraqi Invasion was an illegal invasion because the casus belli was that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, but they didn't.

8. ℬlack ℛose

Well... almost every war had a casus belli that pretty much was never really true! Why? Weapons production = Money

Anyway, the "firm resistance" is to give an idea of how the NATO forces had to make their way into the battle, as much of the iraqi territory was pretty much under insurgents' control, thus, the wording is more than appropriate in this case. Hussein was also at the government that time, so calling it an illegal invasion is just simply like saying that a criminal is breaking into another criminal's house.

9. Digital Junkie

Digital Junkie Active Member

Looks cool...

But no players :eek:

10. ℬlack ℛose

Indeed, the server is pretty fresh so there is still no stable playerbase. But one by one, eventually, the server will gain its playerbase.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Looks great. I'll probably join one day. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digital Junkie

What are the pk rules.

13. ℬlack ℛose

PK will be given if:
    1- An insurgent goes solo out of their regroup point and gets killed. They are allowed to go alone outside their regroup point, but there is a huge risk.
    2- If a NATO soldier keeps deserting, or getting out their base without orders or squad and gets killed. Unlike insurgents, they are not allowed to get out from their regroup point alone.
    3- If someone does excessive team killing in either teams and gets executed by a superior.

For now these are the main ones.

14. Digital Junkie

So only solo pks only?

15. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

Sounds like ww3rp's AWOL rule.

16. ℬlack ℛose

For now yes, but future events will include PK so to add more feeling of danger to certain battles.

There is a similiarity, but valid only for the NATO forces. You see, if people had the opportunity of going out alone and kill their enemies, they would care less if they died without repercussions. In this case, going alone, doesn't only mean that you can easily be overwhelmed by a NATO squad (Since you are not allowed to go out from the regroup point alone as NATO, the case that you will see an enemy is because there is a squad), so keeping this in mind may refrain insurgents from rushing out all the times, and to adopt tactics instead of rushing into the enemy.

17. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

I've always enjoyed CW: Military RPs. It's just.. Well without players this PvP aspect will not likely succeed.

I certainly hope the PK rules would be more hefty, there is little reason to care about characters if they get NLR'd all the time.

18. ℬlack ℛose

Well... I cannot force people to join, I opened up this server to give it a try, to see if people might be interested in this new idea, a sort of 2 gamemodes in 1. If a playerbase won't form... at least I tried. I am on the server almost all day long, along with a dear admin which still spends time on an empty server, waiting for someone to join, but to no avail... not even a shadow of players connecting. Other than advertising and giving as many replies to questions as possible, I really have no other power.

You see, the PK is quite a hard strike on insurgents because they have no instant access to rifles, and they must do basic work or do missions to obtains renowns, if they wish to have character development, they shall not rush into the enemy or just play to kill without adopting any strategy or tactics, it isn't the way the roleplay is meant to be played. The only weapon the insurgents have instant access to is a pistol, but nothing more than that. the NATO forces have instant access to 2 standard issued rifles, so a pistol against a rifle, especially in distant engagements, is truly a huge handicap.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018 at 11:41 PM