1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Is there even any unique HL2RP servers now and any ideas to make a unique server?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ABRACADABRA!, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Mh interesting, did you use clockwork constructor or did you use a item skeleton?

2. cold

cold ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

i've just made them in the past so it wasn't very difficult.

3. Okay. Back on topic of the discussion

4. matlock

matlock Honorable Active Member

Just a correction, 1. I am Outro and 2. Security Detail WAS in Half Life 2. Either way, I'm glad that someone is doing a spiritual successor to it, and if you have any questions about how we ran Security Detail you can hit me up on steam. You might find some useful information.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198142743852/

5. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer

In my opinion, HL2RP isn't dead, but severely lack-luster at this point. I've helped with several HL2RP servers, and no matter what we did to make the server unique and more player oriented, it would just feel like HL2RP. Whether we used a new map like Terminal 6, incorporated a new faction to balance power between factions, or made a new way of running a faction or the "government," it'd always be like every other HL2RP: Rebels fight Combine, Combine oppress citizens, administrator administers punishment, and new players are completely confused what the hell is happening. I believe that HL2RP is flawed the way it is played out for a few reasons.
    For example, character development is watered down by the fact everyone is oppressed and that you can't talk or even walk near a unit in most servers without being arrested. Second, the reliance on Passive RP as a way to enrich a players experience is stupid. Passive RP shouldn't be a way to hide the fact your server has no unique content, and Passive RP can't create or replace content in anyway. Third, most HL2RP server break down to a point where everyone is just hogging scripts, especially guns. This is sort of because of my second reason, as the only fun thing to do in most servers that advocate Passive RP religiously is to mug and shoot units down, or shoot rebels if you're a CP. No content besides the vanilla items usually leads to this situation. Finally, the current environment of HL2RP is not good for player retention or attraction. Unless you come from a semi-serious to serious RP background, you won't find enjoyment in HL2RP. It appears that there is nothing to do, as the reliance on Passive RP makes an excuse to not include some sort of actual interactive gameplay element, and most players aren't patient enough to teach new players the ropes of RP. If HL2RP had more interactivity beyond the players around you, like a functioning economy or minigames for things like workshift and trash clean up, then maybe, just maybe, HL2RP would be much better, not just for the new player, but the entirety of RPers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree with these points. The only fun i get out of HL2RP now is just rebelling cause the servers I've recently played on have had like no workshifts at all and i eventually became a rebel working for a Organization with their aim is to mess with the Universal Union's plans. For example, we had broke into the CWU building (It was recreated as a Lab cause they had a Science faction) and shot the Director and breaching into their computer files it was fun.
    The Civil Protection units were awful though, this happened yesterday. I was trying to jump a cp with a friend but he kept trying to radio and eventually got banned cause i killed the unit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pistol P

Pistol P God Bless Eeben Barlow Active Member

Wish you luck ;)

8. cold

cold ej rockwell's worst nightmare Clockwork Customer Active Member

Thanks homies

9. I made a gym in industrial and I saw people using it. Just try to focus more on CitizenRP and do events for the faction. I made it on a corrupt server and the admins removed it because I played on a other server.

More Citizen based roleplay, less rebel roleplay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. The servers will never be perfect for everyone, everyone has different tastes and will severely hate on things that they don't like.
    In the end, it's up to the community of that certain server to decide what they want and what they don't want together in unison, random polls and other types of voting are one of the best things to do to improve a server. The hierarchies also depend on their staff members to improve the quality of their servers and the quality of the member's roleplay but they don't take into account that they are human and have a mind of their own meaning that they almost always will abuse in some way, degrading the quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Where'd you make the gym?