1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Know The Score

Discussion in 'Server Announcements' started by Sixx, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Legend

Hey guys,
    You've all been waiting patiently for announcements and stuff on the release date of the server, so I thought I'd put up this thread and board to clarify a lot of your concerns and put together a development roadmap so that the progress of the server is visible.
    • So far, there's a few things that still need doing, but a lot of the groundwork has been laid out. We'll be using @Saggy 's lore, and I'm glad to announce he's going to be the main event co-ordinator and lore writer for the server going forward. He and I have been talking about a really interesting opening event, which we plan to have span across a few days. This event will give you guys the time to apply for MPF, CWU, establish your characters, and will kickstart the long narrative that we're planning for the server. Think of it like Nebulous and their campaigns, which I know a lot of people here will agree are exceptionally written. We want to go for the same sort of thing, and we think we have some great ideas on how we can do it.
    • As for the MPF. we'll be using @Nick 's sterilized credits system, which you can find a guide for here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ainZyW7OTI0T8OzWeVrrPWepG14smXLLqpg0IBifQc/edit?usp=sharing. I really like this system, and once we get all of the categories for the forums sorted out I trust him to be able to elaborate on this guide in layman's terms and to take relevant questions on the system. As such, he'll essentially take "Headcop" position. We will also be using his Metrocop models.
    • The map is coming. It's taking some time, but it's coming. I should like to think I can get it out by next week and I can release it for you to all have a look around. Be warned, it's not a spectacularly different map, I have just made a few changes which I think make the map better, and added some new buildings.
    • We don't have any custom plugins or anything, while I think it would be good to have some, I don't really have time to learn how to program anything, so unless @Vortix volunteers to make some stuff we're going to be using a few plugins from the plugin center.
    • We had some time to discuss the workshop content used last week, and I think we came to a general consensus on a lot of things - we will be using beta weapons, HL2TS2 (which will be free and available to everybody from the start), and the Combine APC workshop addon. Other "utility" addons will be added when I get the time to put together a content pack. I aim to make this as small as possible, since I fundamentally believe we shouldn't have to rely on lots of addons to make a good server.
    • ERP will NOT be allowed on the server, take it to steam chat if you're going to do it at all.
    • We're handling the resistance in a way that will integrate into the narrative of the server, we plan to make them as covert as possible. We're open to discussion on this and taking in opinions on the next community meeting, which will take place this Sunday. We tried to continue the meeting a couple of days ago, but I understand hosting it on a weekday when it was still relatively early for US timezones probably wasn't a good idea, so I'm hoping for a good turnout again this week.
    • We'll be revitalising the CWU faction to make it far more inclusive to players than just shopkeepers and MPF bootlickers, a guide will be made on that by me.
    • The discussions on the Civil Administration posted by @Aspect are all good and I'm liking where they're going, so keep on that.
    • As it stands, we don't have a server at the minute - money is tight for me right now but I'll find the funding soon. We'll have one by the middle of next month, and after that we'll be able to work on integrating everything. This will give us a lot of time to continue the discussions around the server, develop the narrative, put the map and content together, and take on all of the applications for server staff, which will be coming out soon. However, unfortunately, I'm sorry to disappoint but you are going to have to wait a while for the server to launch. We plan to have a beta by the end of next month, a week or two after we get the server and we have time to furnish the server, finalise everything, and then afterwards we can launch straight away. The reason being, I'm going to be home for Easter, as are a lot of people I imagine, and I won't be at my PC for a good few weeks.
    Right, I think I covered most of the bases. I'll leave this thread open so you guys can talk with me about this thread. Thanks for waiting, I'm sure this is going to be great.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I'll be busy taking care of UWG for the next while, but I'll try to pop over and take a look at it when i can. Best of luck to you!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. The Real Arnold [Ðusk]

The Real Arnold [Ðusk] Clockwork Customer

How many slots is this server projected to have?

4. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

i haven't talked to sixx about this but i'm projecting somewhere around the standard 32-36 if i were to guess. when we have a bit more of a stream of steady funding we can extrapolate player count from that and increase if need be.

5. lol imagine paying for slots instead of performance

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  6. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

we don't even know what host we're using yet

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gregory

Gregory Money Mayweather Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

If you use crident use code RPNe..... yeah nvm just dm me lmfao. Seriously though Crident are a good host, so are Zare for full dedis. Depends how much you guys are willing to spend on the server

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rasputin

Rasputin Clockwork Customer

So so excited for this. I believe the foundations for this are sufficient enough to set this on a path to success.

9. this community is very alive innit

• Informative Informative x 1