1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important Manager Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by kurozael, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

Hello chaps, it's that time of the year again...

If you're interested in becoming the manager of this community, put your name forward here with a small piece of information about why you're the man for the job!

Serious applicants will be selected into a shortlist that will then be discussed by those with voting power in the community to become the next manager.

Peace.

• Box Box x 1
  2. Blizzard

Blizzard Community Manager Clockwork Customer

Blizzard;

I feel like I'm fit for the job because of mainly my experience in forum administration. I have been managing forum platforms such as Invision Powerboard, MyBB, Xenforo, and such. I used to manage a forum for a major minecraft community years ago called Dark Networks or something of the sort. This community had average around 500 players daily, and I ran their forum for them on the software Joomla, with the Kunena Forum Extension. I moderated a forum for a very large Gmod community back in 2014 named The Cube Server. They were a huge community that was composed of gamemodes such as Jailbreak, DarkRP, Sandbox, TTT, and more! I also ran a fairly large community back in the day named Argon Gaming. We were a very popular HL2RP that was very involved with the Clockwork community at the time. We had players from C16 such as Cash Wednesday, and even TheFancyAlchemist!

I have been with the Cloud Sixteen community itself for several years, dating back to 2014, when I joined my first HL2RP community. I actually also have IRL leadership experience, helping organize a community service project for my school, being within a Drill Team for my JROTC (cadets) unit, and also being a Staff Sergeant for that JROTC (cadets) unit. While I may not have top-notch leadership experience, I'd like to get more by being a manager of this forum. I am available several hours a day, as I usually am playing games or doing online school - so I can be reached almost anytime via PM on the Discord, Forums, or Steam with the ability to respond.

I take my positions very seriously, and usually if I need to leave, I do so on good terms. One of my biggest positive traits are that I do not like being on bad terms with people. I am the kind of guy that will add people who he doesn't like on steam, to try and resolve an issue. I am a guy who puts dedication towards his work, and I believe I have shown that with my almost two weeks already as Store Support. I hope you'll consider me as a community manager, and thanks for viewing!

E: I am also learning web-programming in PHP and Javascript! I already know CSS and HTML and a tad bit of SQL. eventually will be learning C#, and JavaQuery. I hope I can also help make several forum adjustments in the near future to make the C16 forums more aesthetic and responsive! I love helping the C16 community, and hope I can do so further by becoming a manager.

Regards,
    Blizzard

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Box x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  3. Doris

Doris Active Member

Doris,

I don't have much of an extensive "portfolio" compared to other people and I don't want to toot my horn so I'll keep this as short and concise as possible. I've managed a plentiful of communities in the past, be it roleplay or not, ranging from doing petty janitor work on the forums, to actually being actively involved with "higher-end" staff members. I've even dabbled in a few projects relating to starting up my own community in the past so I'm familiar with Xenforo and how it operates accordingly; All that jazz.

Obviously, I'll act accordingly when it comes to this position and will do what's expected of me. It goes without saying that a manager shouldn't be goofing around in public sections of the forum, ranting and raving about nonsense, or contents which would result in one's ban. But that's common sense so there's no need to expand upon that.

So, yeah, I know I probably pale in comparison to others applying for this position, but, I decided I'd give it a shot in the long run. Doesn't hurt to try.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

i have a computer

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lev

Lev certified honorable guy Active Member

why not just keep it as just @kief

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

Aberidius:

Not sure where to start.. I've been around C16 for a few years now. It is where my journey through the roleplaying universe began. At the year of 2013 i was a part of a Swedish community that consisted of 736 people. We ran 3 Teamspeak servers in order to fit everyone in, or atleast most of them. We were focused around a modded version of GTA IV where we roleplayed as the swedish police, fire department and paramedics. We had 2 servers on Arma 2 that needed to be maintained more often than you think. The first one was our own developed gamemode which was pretty much like Altis Life / Lakeside (Realism Roleplay). The second one was a Wasteland server. Both of these were crowded every single day. It sounds kinda unbelievable to have 736 active members in our community but it grew after we had merged with two other communities.
    My main objectives were to make sure that everything was working (The social environment of the members, Teamspeak, Website and Servers) with the assistance of other staff members. I designed the project plans whenever something new came up. We started to rent out servers eventually so we had to hire people so that we could keep up with everything.

I am fully self educated in html, css, php, jQuery / Javascript / Ajax and SQL. I am currently working for FrundTech, a roleplaying community on Garry's Mod that is set to launch in January.
    Here is just a sample of the front page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1097461285
    If there is an interest, i'd gladly design a personal look on the website for C16. I also develop my own forum software for the community i am part of just so that we can stand out in the crowd.

I have been educated in social care and i have worked within customer service for a while. I am online and available atleast 6-12 hours per day (I am currently working on something that doesn't restrict my activity.)

After @kurozael said that he was planning on making Clockwork available for S&Box, an opportunity opened up. I am in the process of learning C# and have gotten quite far. The main reason is so that i can help out with CW more than i ever have before. This is all a passion and i hope that i can have the chance of showing it. I would take the role of a Community Manager as serious as it needs to be.

I would write a longer application but i'm not sure if you'd prefer reading an application that is information-rich over a long one that has information scattered all over it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Box Box x 2
  7. cash wednesday

cash wednesday Owner of UNDERWORLD™ GAMING Clockwork Customer Active Member

I mean, I suppose? I left @kief in charge because I knew that of all people currently staff right now he would be the most competent. I think you should be worried about choosing new moderators, not a new manager. Lev and I working in tandem was alright, but sort of unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kief

kief kind bud Manager

Uhh, I guess I'll put myself up. I'd like the mantle for the sake of working out the community in the right direction just as I intended to with the ability of being a mod. I'm not going to fluff up a nice big inflated paragraph to make myself to be this all knowing and auspicious mod from the boards here. I know what I am, and I certainly know for a fact that I think I've done a decent job at what I do here even with what has been going on lately with everyone dropping. I don't exactly have a tight history here other than the work I've done with communities in the past and the various people I actually know here through some amount of networking. Also out of the group left now, I think I am one of the most experienced, but that is as far as I'll go as to toot my own horn for the matter of a position.

I'm sure @Lev, @matlock, @cash wednesday, and @Generisk Løytnant can all vouch for times I was left about myself and I was the only mod left to deal with problematic situations here on the boards. If you need a reminder, just dial back when Nightangel was clawing at getting public response here and when people were flooding in with questions about backdooring (which happened twice, mind you) and I was left one night just to break into it all to keep it clean (later with the generous help of @Generisk Løytnant). I'll admit some of my actions were brash, but not to the point of complete lunacy, I did what had to be done within reason.

Oh yeah there is the bit that I have here about me wanting to develop like cash already does. That'd be nice.

All in all I feel if you asked some of the older members of the staff they'd see that I'd be a decent person to carry the torch, but then again I somehow have the feeling I won't garner much over the newly selected staff base, I just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring to see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Tyrex

Tyrex Active Member

yeah but do you have years of experience on a computer such as i,, thought not, kiddo.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CQBgamer

CQBgamer That one guy who makes 100 threads in Support Desk Clockwork Customer Active Member

Not sure how well Ill fare against the other people who've put their name into the vote but eh whats the worst that can happen.

CQBgamer

I've been a member on the forums for almost 4 years now. Most of your know me as the "Guy who posts 1000 threads in support desk". And although I may definitely not be the best with coding clockwork, Im always on several times a day looking out for other threads that I can resolve with what I do know, and try to help out as many people as I can.

I do have a relatively solid understanding for the backend of Xenforo and its moderation controls as I've been in high ranking staff position in two communities using Xenforo. (Gamer's Republic & Unification Networks) as well as several with MyBB. (REDACTED Gaming, Undisclosed Gaming, Phoenix Servers) I've put many hours of my own time into making sure each of these communities was run properly and can assure the same thing for C16. I think im very fair when dealing with conflict between members of communities im a part of and I always try to work things out between them before going straight for the kill in the form of a ban, and for the most part im usually successful in it.

I've noticed a slow decline in CW: HL2RP popularity over the years, due to just a general loss of interest and other frameworks popping up and that isn't something I'd like to see as it is hands down my favorite game-mode on Gmod, and I want to see it return to it's former popularity, and as manager I believe I would have the means to attempt to do so. I would also try to encourage the development of the other frameworks which due to a decline in popularity have started to fall apart (Not so much Phase Four cause kuro has been updating that lately. Thxs for that bb ;) ) and so we can see more unique servers using them once again, because as much as I love HL2RP, these other frameworks have so much potential. I never played Phase Four till I got my free copy as part of the investor program, and the first time I loaded it up onto a server and messed around with it I was amazed and had so many ideas on how to make it fun and exciting. I'm sure with some TLC we could do the same thing to Atomic, Cider Two, and maybe even some new ones with the input from the community. And to quote a great man:
    Thank you all for your consideration.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  11. kurozael

Thought it is only right to use voting for this, it seems @kief is on track the voting starts tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

Max here;

Going to keep it short and simple. I have been a member of this forums for years, going back to 2014 or even earlier (lost the account, cant check for sure)

I am online /the entire day/, I read everything but don't post. I know this community, it's in's and out's as a longtime lurker.

As a manager I will keep things stable, not do too much and just work on increasing activity on the forums with advertising and interesting boards. In the meantime I will keep lurking and keep y'all in check.

Peace.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. redcatjack

redcatjack Moderator and Map Developer Staff Member Moderator Clockwork Customer

redcatjack;
    I don’t have a whole lot to say to be honest, but I have been around in the Cloud Sixteen Community since the 5th of February 2013 (And lurked before I even made an account), back when we still used SMF. I have never been banned from Cloud Sixteen, nor received any warnings from any of the moderators.

I've ran my own communities before, roleplay and non-roleplay, as well as being a high-ranking member in other communities, I have also managed different types of forum software too, in the past I’ve used MyBB, SMF, XenForo and Enjin (God I hate Enjin!) so I have a good understanding of how to do administrative tasks within forum software. I also have a good grasp on installing Clockwork, addons, plugins and providing general troubleshooting, and would be able to provide technical support to people in need (I would answer store support tickets if I am able to assist), I also have a degree in Computing Technical Support.

I feel I would be a good Manager as I would try and engage the Community as much as possible and I would like to try to keep the Community up-to date as possible with important information regarding administrative decisions (Unless they are private), and I would also listen to the Community, I would take their suggestions, concerns and anything else they would like to mention, and bring it up with kurozael and other members of the staff team, taking a vote if necessary.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, and I appreciate your consideration.
    -redcatjack

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Aflac

Aflac Big Guy

Vote Aflac for Social Justice and Wholesome D4nk Meme$

• Box Box x 1
  15. Aberidius

Aberidius Chief Technology Officer Staff Member Administrator Store Support Clockwork Customer

@kief is probably the most suitable one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. dead flag blues

dead flag blues "...ours is a world of nuclear giants..." Clockwork Customer Active Member

Just vote in @kief already. He's level-headed enough for the position.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. kurozael

Well we'll have the vote, and an additional vote for 2 moderators from those who applied here.

• Like Like x 6
    • Box Box x 1
  18. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

I dont know i liked @Blizzard `s Post Vote him i guess XP

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Blizzard

Blizzard Community Manager Clockwork Customer

lol voting is only for investors, moderators, honorables, managers, etc.

but thanks hehe

• Box Box x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Schulze35

Schulze35 Clockwork Customer Active Member

Ye i know i was kinda telling them to vote XD

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Box Box x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.