1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Mass Effect: Galaxy At War - Military

Discussion in 'Communities' started by Nick, Jul 1, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, 2183

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our Content (WIP)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This server will be ran in a similar capacity to a Halo or Starship Troopers RP, but the large expanse of various races and backgrounds culminated in a single task force allows players to apply for and play different species that are otherwise not allowed. There is also the added bonus of it being such a large universe, and one that depends on choice, we hope to include the players in the major mission-making and decision choosing process. Do we save X or allow them to die in favor of Y. This is a rudimentary example at best, but it reflects the core of what we're putting forward here: choice. Something many military or militaristic roleplays do not allow you.

Yes, you are a Marine. A crewman. Someone of fighting capacity or serving a role aboard a ship within a war, but understand if that isn't your thing--this isn't for you. We want people who enjoy that military oriented and driven RP, we want people who like large and small events, good and bad events (because shotbug is where it's at) and we want to build upon this familiarity.

credits @Filtershakes for an absolutely excellent job on the map

@my boi deadeye for a fantastic fucking roundabout with models
    @Mark for models too
    @me for bein a fuckboi

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. Reagent

Reagent The Reagent Menace Active Member

I'd spoiler up the images tbh. .
    Looks ok, could use a few more details like timeline etc. Seems pretty barebones.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  3. Our map is coming along smoothly, click HERE.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pistol P

Pistol P God Bless Eeben Barlow Active Member

I'll be there when it comes out, would love to play as a Batarian. I just really hope you keep all the EUPRP assholes out, all MERP servers I've seen are plagued with those self-absorbed idiots.
  5. kief

kief kind bud Manager

even though i dont play merp much, anything the owner of euprp runs isn't too great
    so yeah, i kinda agree with the sentiment

thread looks okay though, hope your stuff works out
  6. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

Yeah, MERP is a bloated schema with a butt-load of the same people playing the same characters with little variance of personality or play-style. As if they are consumed with an inability to 'switch things up'. Though It looks like Nick runs servers with a playerbase alternate to this, so I don't doubt it'll go alright.

If it makes a difference the EURP 'Battle for Earth' server's final like forum post sort of 'closed circle' ending was a wedding between the owner and the communities token female player's character
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Breaks into a cold sweat.

Yeah, uh, n-no token Shepard characters here...

In seriousness though, I dig military RP and I've already done a couple SSTs and the odd Halo tossed in the mix. If this doesn't pan out, I'm either doing Aliens: Colonial Marines (which I've put off about ten years) or a new-and-improved Starship Troopers with fresher content. Or something else.

But I have some faith I can take the Reaper War and twist it into an actual player-driven narrative with conducive choices.

As for keeping people out man, shit, every community has retards. We'll see what's up and how it turns out.
  8. Pistol P

EUPRP in particular had a "free range" banning policy, where frequent players were allowed to demand bans of any user. I played for an hour and got banned for "Nigger" because someone didn't like me.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Good Coder Good Coder x 1
  9. You're pushing it Nigger. I might have to ban you.
    • Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Good Coder x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Pistol P

Will you have faction-specific armors from multiplayer? I really like the Batarian Slasher set.
  11. ill check out the multiplayer sets although p much everyone is going to be clad in some variant of alliance military uniform as per regs
  12. We're still alive people and we're still kicking. Map progress is nearly there, here's some screenies!

13. Mixed

Mixed C16 Support Staff Staff Member Store Support Foreign Moderator Clockwork Customer Active Member

Good work, keep it up.
  14. Pistol P

Looks a lot better than Constantinople, which looks like it's a hospital or something. I'm excited to play.
  15. this is still being created albeit at a slower rate mainly because of work and shit you know whats up

you know real talk, I often worry about the amount of time im sinking into this hobby of mine and feel worried because my love for the server and genre happens to be niche, and I don't think many ppl out there enjoy mass effect as opposed to half life 2 or starship troopers

the truth is I used to be that guy that told people to just quit and not try making a server because their idea is dumb and retarded, and tbh, I regret saying that to guys because now I understand what its like to be on the opposite end with an idea you love but others not so much. ya sure people have bad ideas but at the end of the day, its okay to let them fail on their own, it's only gmod, and maybe it'll take off and they'll expand on it and succeed from that failure.

I look back on all the toxicity I spewed alongside others and idk, doesn't feel right

hey at that daemon who was part .dust but smoked so much .hush, if ur out there, im sorry I said ur soviet rp was balls and I hope it does well

now that I got that random mumbling off my chest how about photos to keep ur interest piqued:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  16. cash wednesday

cash wednesday mothership reconnection Honorable Clockwork Customer

Haha what did he mean by this
  17. Blizzard

Blizzard Cold Hearted Staff Member Manager Clockwork Customer

An interesting concept...

I personally love Starship Troopers RP, and wish a more serious server would come out for it. I played on another framework for Starship Troopers RP and it was quite fun, but lacked seriousness. Looks pretty good thus far.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  18. @cash wednesday essentially what I was saying in my random af spewing was the server itself, and mass effect, are a very small demographic of active roleplayers that enjoy that kind of setting as opposed to half life 2 for example, which has garnered a following in the 100's and yet still struggles for a majority of up and comers.

and on a secondary point, that I used to frown upon small servers that consisted of niche players aka mass effect or when worlds collide or other shit, and would actively discourage people not to try and create them. now that I am actively making one, I have received the same type of discouragement and understand what I put people through by being that way myself.

and I was apologizing to daemon for that,

that's tldr for you

@Blizzard thanks
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  19. chuck

chuck king of private sector Active Member

hahah what the fuck are you talking about dude

those are cool screenshots though. MERP is riddled with edgy 14-30 year old players who like to ERP in the beds of the ship, so be CAReFuL.

also daemon is a huge faggot and all the servers he makes suck ass

Previous Readers (Total: 0)