1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Meme Simulator 2016 [WIP]

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Dan22, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Hello everyone, I am making a small funny game that you may have seen before under a different name and theme but has since undergone a huge change as of today in order to be able to ship it (perhaps one day) to Steam and Android. All the pictures you see are Very WIP. The game is made using the Leadwerks 4 engine and is coded in Lua. Most of the code is edited versions of the default code that comes with Leadwerks (I am not a proffesional coder). I have since teamed up with a coder and so hopefully my rubbish code will be replaced.

Here are some pictures (WIP LOGO):
    Main Menu:
    First Level (Kappa Level):

I will post a video of the game soon as pictures don't really do it justice. Also I know its not a very eye appealing game and its not suppose to be, its just a small project I made for fun and should obviously not be taken seriously. The aim of this game is to survive jumps and falls and making it to the end of the level (Subject to Change).

If you want to try make a new logo or assets for the game feel free to post of pm me and it may be used in the game!

And as always let me know what you think! Kappa
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Starkiller

Starkiller OwO whats this!

I didn't cringe physically.
    I cringed in my soul.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

That is normal, just embrace it.
  4. Daohlocks

Daohlocks The Bible is my favorite sci-fi novel. Active Member

you have my blessing.
  5. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

oscillator z - break it down for soundtrack
    make it drop that beat fam at the boss battle.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  6. klark

klark α Active Member

if you were my son i would kill you
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. is this the new call of duty?
  9. corrin

corrin hot boat sex Active Member

fucking christ
  10. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

The game is not dead btw, still being worked on and may come to steam greenlight soon!
    If you want to follow the news on the game follow the games twitter @MemeSimulator

View: https://youtu.be/u4WsNLAM69w

The game will be released to PC and possibly Android, and I now have another developer helping me on the project.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. willy pete

willy pete i'm going to cut off your face and wear it Active Member

maybe suicide isn't all that bad
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Make sure to give the game a vote on greenlight before you do that! ;)
  13. Squirrels Mcgee

Squirrels Mcgee fallout 4 = "power armour hoarding sim" Active Member

So this is basically just a plat-former with shitty particle effects and crappy music in the back?

Already better than 99% of the stuff on greenlight.
  14. Dan22

Dan22 Active Member

Pretty much, its just a small project I was making on my own to see if I could actually make a game whether it be good or bad (even with the lack of coding knowledge I have) which I was not going to release to the public at first but people on my friends list saw the game and really want it and so I thought it would be fun to share it rather than it collecting dust and not enjoyed by anyone else. I agree, the game is not gorgeous and the music is crappy intentionally, some of the songs I "hyper distorted" to give it that cringey meme feel to it and thats the style of the game. Obviously the game will be polished before release which is the job for my partner at Indieworx cleaning up the code, getting in animated textures and a good UI and maybe replace some of the sounds. All you see here is a placeholder and what you may perceive to be "shitty particle effect and crappy music" is the whole point of the game and is not meant to be AAA. Plus I am lazy.

15. holy shit fam, this shit is top of the line lit af.... 10/10....tbhg........
    it's not like this horrible joke that stopped being funny since 2013
    has been done to DEATH
    and you're not just beating a dead HORSE[​IMG] (into pulp)
    for some
    keep up that dank programming you absolutely web hooligan. you did it!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. EJ Rockwell

EJ Rockwell Clockwork Customer

Add in a quest where you hunt shia's flags across the map. Source: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ood-thing-pulls-off-the-heist-of-the-century1
  17. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Active Member

18. EJ Rockwell

EJ Rockwell Clockwork Customer

19. I think it's cool to see someone come up with such a creative idea to pursue in their freetime!

Previous Readers (Total: 0)