1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Important Mod Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sixx, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixx

Sixx presidential #1 Legend

Hello guys, we're opening up the pipeline for forum moderators, since we currently don't have much of a staff team. To apply, copy paste the format below and open a new conversation which includes myself, @Aberidius and @robot. Just as a disclaimer before you begin furiously bashing your keyboard and knocking out perfect answers, please be honest with your responses, answering the questions with the ideal responses is nice, but often the ideal is far from what would realistically happen.

General Questions
    • How long have you been on C16? How active have you been since you joined?
    • Have you ran any servers in the past? This isn't necessary experience, but could help your case.
    • Why do you think you would make a good addition to the staff team?
    • How willing are you to actively engage in community discussions?
    • As a Moderator, your every interaction will likely be closely scrutinized, are you prepared to take on a professional role and attitude?
    • Have you had any altercations with previous staff members or C16 users that we should be aware of?
    • What timezone are you in?
    Scenarios
    These scenarios are purely hypothetical, some of which may never happen (or at least, not to you), but you should try to respond exactly how you would act as a moderator. I have tried to make these scenarios less "You see someone posting something that clearly breaks the rules" and more about dilemmas that would realistically happen and require an intuitive approach. Saying "I ban them" outright might not always be the correct answer, so think carefully about your actions!
    • You encounter a post before any of the other moderators which involves one user claiming a community is using cracked clockwork, but has little to no evidence, how do you react?
    • You encounter a post which you can clearly see is simply a pit-war between two parties of users, both of them are in "the wrong" and there seems to be no end to the arguments. What is your first course of action and how do you resolve it?
    • You think another member of staff is abusing (or is otherwise unfit) for their role, and decide it's time you made your opinion known about it, how do you proceed?
    • You encounter a community thread which hasn't broken the rule of quality standards, but many of the users who replied to it have taken up arms against the owner. You see some of the accounts which defend the community were made recently. What do you do?
    • You encounter an "exposure" thread, where one user is ousting another for some sort of poor behavior. They have evidence to back up their claims, and think they should be banned. They have came to you directly for a response. How do you react?
    • The same encounter as above, but this time you agree with them, the person who acted wrongly should be banned. However, one of the other staff members has already said that he doesn't think they should be banned. What do you do now?
    And lastly, the all important question, would you rather fight one horse sized duck, or 20 duck sized horses?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ShadowUnholy

ShadowUnholy Professional Nepper Active Member

I don't think I meet the requirements or I am just too lazy to read your thread

3. Sixx

Never hurts to apply and find out man.

4. ShadowUnholy

ShadowUnholy Professional Nepper Active Member

:eek:

5. karl-police

karl-police Hotrod turret Templar Clockwork Customer Active Member

do you have to be active?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Box Box x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. vexus

vexus ej rockwell's worst nightmare Staff Member Head Moderator Legend Clockwork Customer Active Member

yes karl, why would we want inactive moderators? use your brain!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maniac

Maniac Clockwork Customer Active Member

I mean being highly active Is a beautiful thing, lol

8. Sly

Sly Some kinda Sly? Clockwork Customer Active Member

Look man, I just want legend. I've been trying to come around more though so I might look into this.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. SireElite

SireElite what's the big fucking deal? Templar Active Member

if this guy gets mod then i'm switching to a different framework

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. EliTheGamerFTW

EliTheGamerFTW Clockwork Customer Active Member

what he said

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Sixx

Leave my man karl alone he doesn't speak English so well > : (

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. EliTheGamerFTW

EliTheGamerFTW Clockwork Customer Active Member

In all honesty I think the communtiy as a whole should have some input into who gets picked. Obviously if we're the deciding factor nobody'll ever get given the role but there's no point giving moderator to someone that isn't active or that people don't like.
    (note: not directed at anyone, just a general thing)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Sixx

Being moderator isn't a popularity contest; you have to be active and you have to be good at it, nobody cares if you're not very well liked man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. karl-police

I thought the whole forum here, ended up being inactive.

• Box Box x 1
  15. Aspect

Aspect =) Veteran Active Member

Thanks to @Sixx, the forum is not inactive anymore!! Yay!!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Maniac

Maniac Clockwork Customer Active Member

I gotta say well said as long as they’re able to deliver a strong work ethic that’s what counts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  17. Is there an age requirement?

18. Sixx

Preferably older that 15, it doesn’t really matter but being in the scene for a long time helps your case and hints at your maturity

• Like Like x 1
  19. karl-police

wtf

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Aspect

Aspect =) Veteran Active Member

It's a very important question karl. It is used to determine what you would do in a situation in game. Deal with a very big minge who knows what he's doing or deal with 20 small minges who can be easily caught and banned?

• Funny Funny x 1

Previous Readers (Total: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.