1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  5. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

Other Nazi Occupation Serious RP?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by NoahtheBoah36™, Nov 8, 2017.

?

Would you want to play on a Nazi Occupation Serious RP Clockwork Server?

1. I want to play on a Nazi RP server.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. I want to play, but only if it's set during the endsieg, when Russia was attacking Berlin.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I want to play, but only if it's set during the height of the war when Berlin was not under attack.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. I don't want to play on a Nazi Occupation Serious RP server.

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoahtheBoah36™

NoahtheBoah36™ Clockwork Customer

Hello there fellow Serious RPers.

I'm Noah, and you may know me from a post in the community section about a failed Steampunk RP. But, the error there was on me, I built a server for like 8 people and then none of them got on, so, I'm going to do a bit of market research this time.

My question to you guys is, would you be interested in playing on (and I don't mean hypothetically, if you say yes I expect you to actually hit join!) a serious RP server set in Berlin during World War 2. The setting could be adjusted slightly, but the goal here is to get an idea of whether or not people, in general, like the idea.

So, please vote! I'm going to be using it for my main feedback mechanism! Also, any criticism/advice for a fledgling server owner is also extremely welcome! I want to build a community and I'm open to ideas of just about any kind!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Box Box x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kief

kief kind bud Manager

if u do it with a good amount of historical accuracy yeah it sounds just fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. duck

duck Phant0m Honorable

Don't make a server at all, because nobody is going to play on it. Good servers are not started by people like you, and I'm not saying that to be a dick, I'm saying that so you don't waste your time. It's like asking people what they want to see at your birthday party, while you don't even have any friends to invite. Your party is going to suck because no one is going to show up, so the question of what people want to see at the party is pointless. You can have the biggest and coolest shit at your party, and it will all be for nothing because nobody will attend it.

You don't know any people, so your server is just going to die. That's the unfortunate reality. You need some good friends who have a genuine interest in your schema and don't mind playing with few people. If you get to 8-10 people, the server just advertises itself and will actually be able to grow, but if you're using a custom schema, then it becomes more difficult.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. cash wednesday

cash wednesday mothership reconnection Honorable

duck speaks the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. CPT. Maxii

CPT. Maxii Clockwork Customer Active Member

What Duck said.

And naziRP is waiting for trouble.

GMod community is toxic so you are just going to get your hands full of psuedo-computer-warrior-communists and jew haters.
    People /will/ get their history wrong.
    I don't know what you want to do in Berlin with a "nazi occupation", Berlin wasn't occupied by nazi's. It was their central government, all resources went there.

Up until 1944/1945 people in Berlin were having a fantastic time. When the Soviets were trampling towards Berlin a lot of the supplies stopped and people were enlisted in shitty Volkssturm things.

I don't see the interest in that RP. Either it's going to be a Cider 2 RP in the 40s. Or it's going to be a Cider 2 RP in the 40s with edgy alt-right players playing their fucked up characters or going to be a militaryrp with civilians getting caught in the middle.

all of above concepts will fail.
    BeLIEve mE

6. pavel

pavel Clockwork Customer

only hl2rp

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Box Box x 1
  7. Songbird

Songbird ❤️ Honorable

if you want to make it hl2rp, make it happen in german occupied paris or something in 1941

setting it in berlin just invites edgelords that would want to play "cool nazi characters" who would roleplay exterminating jews

tbh it's just not a good idea in general

• Like Like x 1
  8. Songbird

Songbird ❤️ Honorable

/2

theoretically you can make a survival rp server that is set during the last months/weeks of the nazi germany

this will grant you access to a variety of different factions such as americans, nazis, german defectors, soviets, revolutioners, spies, etc. there will be no boring civilan roleplay because there's no civility in the sieged berlin

just throwing some ideas

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NoahtheBoah36™

That's the plan.

I do have friends to invite, but I'm trying to get more people, that's why I'm doing market research. I'm trying to figure out (using your analogy) what kinds of things might get people that wouldn't have come to my party, to come on.

Also, I can get 8-10 people with a genuine interest, I'm trying to get people to supplement them is all.
    Ok.
    I see your point about a Nazi RP waiting for trouble. That's part of why I'm trying to get an idea of what people might enjoy playing on.
    Ok.
    Noted.

• Box Box x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

Is this like one of those alt-right fantasy servers? Honestly from what was described I see endless cringe and fringe political ideology. This'll likely end up on Notscript with mic's enabled regardless :p

11. Pistol P

Pistol P God Bless Eeben Barlow Active Member

LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. matlock

matlock blampfo blockampf Honorable Active Member

Generally, you don't want to do anything "historical". Let's be honest here, World War 2 related anything isn't exactly original at this point. If you absolutely HAVE to do something historical, focus on an underappreciated time period that not many people know about, like the Persian Gulf War or the American Revolution (which isn't particularly unknown, but underdeveloped).

Let's be honest here, @duck is right on the money. You need to gain a better understanding of the roleplay community and garner a following before you start making your servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. what duck said

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. NoahtheBoah36™

Fuck off Raklo.

Not the plan at all. It's just something my rp friends suggested to me when I brought up the idea of alternatives to HL2RP.

Well, I don't want to be entirely original, considering total originality is what I did before with my Steampunk RP, and that got me zero players.

As for the point of understanding the roleplay community... I've been playing HL2RP for something like four years now on and off, I've staffed servers, managed factions, and played on at least 50 or so different Clockwork or a different framework servers in my four years of Serious RP. The entire reason I'm now starting to make my own server is because I do have a following, they just aren't enough by themselves to start a community.

• Box Box x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. emms

emms eskimo Clockwork Customer Active Member

the solution is to just not play garrys mod because its a fucking dead game

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. cash wednesday

cash wednesday mothership reconnection Honorable

Wow.

17. NoahtheBoah36™

Well, clearly people dislike the idea, but considering it seems to be causing a lot of flame maaaaybe it should be locked. Thanks for the feedback guys... as shitty as it was.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Lt. Dan Taylor

Lt. Dan Taylor Active Member

Shit server ideas are shit.

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Good Coder x 1
    • Box x 1
  19. redcatjack

redcatjack Moderator and Map Developer Staff Member Moderator Clockwork Customer

Locked by request.
    (PM me if you ever want it unlocked)

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.