1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Nova Roleplay Episode One/Uprising Roleplay

Discussion in 'Communities' started by ABRACADABRA!, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:07 AM.

1. Screenshot_2.png

UPRISING ROLEPLAY

Hey Cloud Sixteen! This is gonna be a short and sweet summary of my Uprising Roleplay server set during the time Gordon is in temporary Stasis in Episode One. Our goal as a server is to provide something different than City Roleplay format servers, we hope to provide multiple roleplay opportunities for the general playerbase and events that we hope to make a weekly/daily occurrence so you'll never be doing the same thing for a month of playtime. We hope to achieve a flourishing playerbase that will enjoy the roleplay experience here at Nova Roleplay.
    Uprising.png

GAMEPLAY
    Screenshot_5.png
    Here is the Survivor spawn, a old parking garage. you don't have to join the Resistance to play but we do encourage to atleast stick around this area for a little bit as the surface is dangerous. Both main factions, Union Expeditionary Force and the Survivor faction have been given "safe zones" in these selected safe zones you're exempt from PK as no fighting can happen in the safe zones (unless a event were to occur were the safe zone would be unsafe and S2K and PKs would be active) We expect people to do some form of character development in these safe zones instead of walking around like mindless drones in City Roleplay format servers. Up top outside the garage for the Survivor Faction and Union Expeditionary Force/OTA is where the main fighting happens between the Union and the Survivors, S2K and PK's are active while on the surface making this dangerous to stay on for long periods of times, keeping your guard down and not being cautious of every building you come across is very risky, don't expect to be safe inside buildings. We expect players to have their guard up in order to stay alive and not be PK'd

Most combat encounters (Roleplay not Firefights) would occur under Play 2 Lose rules and would most likely be in a close quarter encounter, getting the jump on someone would give you the upperhand and most likely you would win the encounter, going back to the expectation of keeping your guard up while on the surface. You're free to make your own groups up on the surface either fending for yourselves in a war zone or becoming a weapons dealer for fellow survivors of the Uprising the choices are endless for the bulk faction of the server.

MAIN FACTIONS

UNIVERSAL UNION

The Universal Union is now little more than what was of a large alien regime. The former Metropolice Force has now become the 'Union Expeditionary Force' abbreviated UEF they're a small remnant of a failed police force, Most become deserters of the Union and join up with the Resistance or bandit groups. The ones that stay loyal towards the regime engage in firefights with multiple survivor groups as well as the Resistance. They're armed with whatever they can find, their supplies are limited as they're completely cut off with the Overworld, they scavenge for what little guns and ammo they can find. Even pre-union weapons such as M4A1 Carbines or M3 Benelli shotguns.

The Overwatch Transhuman Arms are the fighters who stick with the Union Expeditionary Force to fight the oncoming masses of the Survivors. These units are brainwashed and too loyal to desert, they can't be negotiated with or bargained with. They're killing machines and they'll stay that way for as long as they're alive.

SURVIVOR

The survivor faction are the survivors of the Uprising and the Combine regime, most survivors are lucky to still be alive after the citadels destruction by Gordon Freeman. Survivors will always the bulk faction of our server and will be given more freedom than most of the other factions as well as that they can branch off into making their own small group of survivors or join another one as well as being apart of the lambda resistance operating in the war-torn environment of City Seventeen, they're given complete freedom in how they role-play in the server, don't like combat rp? hide in buildings or stay in the safe zone to develop your character

Multiple events will soon be hosted to facilitate role-play for the survivor faction as they will always be the bulk of our playerbase. Most of these events will be combat focused while some of them will be passiverp events for the survivors who wish to develop their character. All of our events that we have planned will always contain the Survivor faction as the main focus.

STORY/PLOTLINES

On the server we will have plot lines that will appear until they're discovered, these will mostly hint at future events and actually cause a form of small mini-events, these mini-events will change some events that we have planned if they were to occur in the server, aswell as that the mini-events conclusion will have long lasting effects on the server's gameplay such as diseases or headcrab shellings. We believe that having these mini-events can spice up the gameplay and not make things the same as it was previously.

We hope that the plot lines we produce for the server will be enjoyable. If they were not at all enjoyable we'd try harder for the next plot line taking feedback from previous plot lines, seeing what made them liked by the players.

NIFTY FEATURES
    { PAC3 - Letting players have creative imagination on their character as long as it isnt too ridiculous}
    { Lack of TS2-TNB - This is to let PAC3 to be the holy grail, we have confidence in the addon}
    { CS:S weapons running on the M9K Base - Primarily used from the UEF, we added these guns to spice up gameplay}

Any feedback is welcomed from the thread. We hope to see you on and give our server a chance

Server Info
    Connect Link: steam://connect/185.44.76.146:27075
    IP: 185.44.76.146:27075
    DISCORD: https://discord.gg/tkWud4w
    Slots: 32 (no current plans to increase the slots)
    Content: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1633143517
    Requirements HL2 EP1 CS:S
    Map: rp_episodeone (We hope to change this map to something bigger but for now until we can get a stable form of playerbase this'll stay as the map)

• Good Coder Good Coder x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 8:26 PM
  2. When people still make HL2RP servers

• Like Like x 1
  3. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

atleast i'm trying to be somewhat original

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. TacticalToaster

TacticalToaster Clockwork Customer Active Member

Finally, a server that isn't attempting to make CityRP exciting by breaking all the lore of HL2 and overloading you with features better suited to an actual survival rpg gamemode. I'll hop on and give it a try, definitely peaks my interest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's actually pretty fun, It'd be more fun if more people got on though, for real.

6. Gregory

Gregory Gregvestory Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

So, this server was kinda good when I read it, however I slowly started to think "what is there to actually do" you're very limited to staying in spawn and doing nothing really. Now the low pop of the server isn't exactly the owners fault, however it doesn't help the life less feel of it. I had a really weird ass situation where a CP casually came and joined the opposite force too? He just walked straight in and decided okay i'm joining you guys lol.

Now also to mention the fact that this person and a few others have a really kind of "memey" "edgy" attitude and just come across as idiots. At first I thought he was a pretty cool guy but now (not sure if influenced by friends) just comes across as a bit of a spastic.

In conclusion ; I'm sure if you have all the gear etc and there is a higher pop you could probs play abit, but if you're joining and planning to play in it's current state, you wont be met with much fun.

I will be popping back on to try and get a few more mouthfuls of taste of what the servers like in general, but what I've said is the initial thoughts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aspect

Aspect Hey Pal, did you just blow in from stupid town? Active Member

~snip~ Holy fuck I'm retarded

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 4:46 PM
  8. I played the community, apparently it allows minges. It's not my server if script kiddies are running around with shitcheat. Ultimately though, the server is Good and I like the Owner. Just not my taste anymore with the fact of a kid running around with scripts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Jack Western the minge that you mentioned was perma banned, Minges aren't allowed here and i don't get where you get that impression from.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Gregory

Gregory Gregvestory Investor Clockwork Customer Active Member

Same guy that was fuckin about on pm. Hope he was banned, interesting that the owner and the guy you mentioned added my to a group steam chat and seemed mingey as fuck together though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Both are minges, they don't like HL2RP and just mass rdm on the newest server that pops up except for tbitton192 he can roleplay but still minges from time to time.