1. Check out the Store if you're looking to Buy HL2RP or other schemas for your server. You can click Buy Schemas on the very top navigation bar to visit the store.
  2. Use the Plugin Center to easily subscribe to and auto-install Clockwork plugins to your server, or submit and share plugins you have developed.
  3. Having trouble setting up or developing with Clockwork? Check out the Wiki or post in the Support Forum for advice from fellow users.
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, you need a Steam account to register and post on these forums. Login with Steam at the top of the forums to get started!
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, do you want to buy HL2RP or another Clockwork schema? Visit the Cloud Sixteen Store to get started!

HL2RP Official Server... POLL!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by kurozael, Oct 9, 2015.

?

Cloud Sixteen Official HL2 RP Server

Poll closed Oct 12, 2015.
  1. Yes, absolutely, so long as all the updates get released free

71.1%
  2. No, I'm opposed to the idea in general

28.9%
  1. kurozael

kurozael Cloud Sixteen Director Staff Member Administrator Investor

Hey guys. Historically I have been against it, however... I think it may be good for existing HL2 RP customers and new ones. An official HL2 RP server would give me a place to develop and test brand new HL2 RP features and updates as well as fix long standing bugs, similar to how we've hosted a Phase Four server while I've worked on the overhaul, I'm considering the idea of doing the same with HL2 RP.

This poll does not neccessarily decide whether we attempt it or not, but, I want to guage opinions.

If you vote yes, and have ideas or want input into the creation of it, please don't hestitate to e-mail here.

• Good Coder Good Coder x 2
  2. I'm just going to voice my opinion in entire honesty.
    I was hoping there was an option "I don't care just dev the freakin' framework&schema"
    It takes too long. And seeing this post makes me think even moreso that it's simply not going to happen. It's just something more to make it take even longer, if at all.

I don't give a damn about a c16 hl2rp, i care more about the state of the schema and framework at the moment which seems to be in a state of permanent idle.

3. willy pete

willy pete i'm going to cut off your face and wear it Active Member

I'd be all for a C2 server, so long as it doesn't turn into some bullshit mafia vs. corrupt cop schematic like it usually did.

If we did HL2RP, it'd have to be outlands set in some really exotic location as to not pull players away from other communities. Something like HL2RP set in an arctic or desert setting could be pretty interesting and fun to experiment with.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  4. kurozael

Okay well for a start our team has been hard at work on the framework and schemas for a while now, secondly, I'll be developing a big HL2 RP patch regardless of whether we have a server. Having the server just increases motivation and inspiration (exactly that happened when the Phase Four server was up it inspired me a lot and in almost no time a big patch with new features and bug fixes was released.)

You can see the development logs for Clockwork + all schemas here http://git.cloudsixteen.com (although for some reason it's taking ages to load at the moment.) Development is by no means idle, we just haven't done a core Clockwork release for a while because we're working hard on making sure it's perfect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. corrin

corrin hot boat sex Active Member

We already did C2.

Sorry - but I'm gonna vote no.

I think Duspende (yes, prepare to vote me dumb) had the right idea when he said that this place was an echo chamber. Considering how "elitist" the C16 community is (a la "when things aren't done my way, then it's not good!", yes, I do understand that there's the uncanny, cringy shit that goes around in the regular HL2 RP server)-- I can only see the outcome as something bad. Updates and such sound really nice, but an official server for the biggest gamemode this framework has doesn't. That plus why would anyone bother to buy the schema if there's already an official server?

6. kurozael

It probably wouldn't last forever, maybe a couple months of shits and giggles while a big patch gets developed for customers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. corrin

I have no problem against a test bed-esque server, but as a competitor to other servers, I'm against that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. NightAngel

NightAngel Fuck off Lev Active Member

It seems like he's doing this for inspiration, playing and hosting your own server is how most of us started coding, and it's a pretty big motivator. Plus you have a whole server's OOC full of opinions and feedback with each change. It'll probably go down after the update, as I think the P4 server probably should, seeing as it'd dead now that the update's out (and even before then). @RJ

9. prom queen

prom queen Guest

being elitist could be good. it sifts through the actually good rpers and the edgy cringe faggots who expect to pollute any server with their dumb rp.
    i'm not opposed to a c16 hl2rp server. it'd do a lot of good if it was done correctly. you would be serving the playerbase who don't like lemonpunch, argon and shockcore. actual players of those servers wouldn't leave their respective communities, but those who already don't want to play on said servers could be given a home. and because you get more invested in hl2rp than p4, the built in c16 playerbase would probably stay longer than p4, since it's a completely different system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RJ

RJ no pay Legend Clockwork Customer

I've got a server if you need one @kurozael. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. corrin

But where's the fun in roleplaying when you kick out those who are new and don't teach the "edgy cringe faggots" what's right?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. NightAngel

NightAngel Fuck off Lev Active Member

Shorter lifetime the better, do something wild and awesome to give people ideas for their own servers, but don't overstay your welcome after update so you can avoid being competitive for too long.

Also yeah, being elitist is not good in the slightest.

13. jojo

jojo mutual Clockwork Customer

i'd be down for this. a place where i can half-ass my rp and not have to worry about it? a place where i can see developments in the framework before everyone else? a place where i can hang when i dont want to or cant join the main server i go on
    yes please

on a serious note though, i feel like if you don't need to pay for the physical server then it would be more helpful than hindering. if i'm in the right mind right now-- you did this kind of thing with p4 and it did ok, so why not do it with this? thats just my outlook

14. Omega

Omega Active Member

Just make sure it's not an unoriginal/cringy piece of shit and I'll be in for it.

You guys need to chill a bit about the 'official server' paranoia. No one will play in the official server apart from wanting to try it out, and not because it's simply the 'official' server. If people stick to it then it'd mean the server would be better than the ones they've played at, which doesn't sound exactly bad up until people start DDoS'ing the server.

• Like Like x 1
  15. corrin

There isn't any of the "official server" paranoia I'm afraid, friendo. I'm just raising my concerns because of the userbase itself - not because the whole idea is a bad thing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Omega

Omega Active Member

I doubt it'd have many regular members except for people from C16 anyways, unless it does good in drawing people in. Don't think many people would leave the servers in which they're almighty just to be one of many in the C16 server. If there's quality control, it wouldn't have an overwhelming population; if there isn't, it'd probably fill after a time.

17. TheHipster

TheHipster rhenz is a fairly decent fellow Active Member

Im still opposed to the idea of a HL2RP. Newer players would seem more inclined to join the official one over others.

It could harm other servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GamCal

GamCal Active Member

It would be nice to roleplay with some people from the forums.

19. Omega

Omega Active Member

Not like it'd destroy every other server if it's a temporary thing. Unless scripts are given free like candy, I don't think a lot of the new players would stay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. prom queen

prom queen Guest

other servers which harbor people that most likely wouldn't like a c16 server. plus, a vast majority of people i used to rp with, and people i still rp with today just want a good server that isn't lemon punch, shockcore or argon. i could see how this would be a problem if you were gurazzor, parashock or blizzard or an admin of one of those communities. but most people just want something different from the norm.

Previous Readers (Total: 0)